PDA

View Full Version : 10% for Nothing

xtrchessreal
06-09-2010, 01:32 AM
I was just wondering why I didn't see any posts concerning banking fees and money strategies.

I don't hide, or bank.

Hide: A term used in CA forums to mean protecting your income, battle points, experience points, delta to rank and tier, etc... It is simple to implement, just battle or boss fight until your health is below 10 then log out of the game. You are protected from invasions and duels while away.

Bank: Placing your income into the treasury and pay 10% to some blackhole in cyberspace.

In the case you forgot to log out:
If you are invaded or dueled you lose money, i've lost as much as $115,000 for each battle and assuming i had full 100 health I could lose up to 10 even 16 battles for a total loss of 1.67 million in gold in just a few seconds. There is good news however if I lost enough battles to drop below 10 health then it would be until i regenerated 20 health before I could be attacked again. So for a while I don't lose anything. That while is a minimum of 33 minutes and a maximum of 1 hour. Once I'm regenerated to 20 health i am placed into the pool for battle again. Another person would need to choose to invade you from the battle page. The probability that you get attacked immediately gets staggering quickly. In any case my current experience is I can loose about 2.9 million a day on average since I never log out with chaining attacks.

Compare that to losing 10% of everything you put into the keep. You would need to make less than about 30 million a day for this to be a concern but as soon as you make more than 30 million a day you should not bank any longer. That's about 1.25 mil an hour. These days I make 100 times that in an hour - actually about 129 mil an hour after upkeep payout. The point is I payout 0.093% a day to not pay 10% a day. The more you make an hour the smaller that loss, due to battle, gets.

Now, if you do the hide thing, you could make that number very near zero. More money for more land investments means even more per hour rolling in, more money for items and faster completion of quests, faster leveling, more power, stronger generals, faster monster completions, more items won, and if you wish better PvP and rank as well.

Azraelswrd
06-09-2010, 01:36 AM
That's why you bank with Aeris at level 4. She removes the banking fee. 377M income. 377M in the bank.

Also if you don't have Aeris, it's time for a little common sense. If you're not under constant siege then banking will nuke more than from combat losses. For me, the magic number was 1.1M. That was the max I could lose from PVP.

Of course, once they added abilities, no more math. Just Aeris. :D

Ahmulag Ra
06-09-2010, 03:55 AM
I was just wondering why I didn't see any posts concerning banking fees and money strategies.

Because no strategy is required. Get level 10. Get Aeris. Level Aeris to lvl 4. No more strategy required - just bank for free.

I believe that it used to be the case that there was no Aeris to help with banking, so there came a point where it was cheaper to take the losses than to pay the 10% fee.

RiverRock
06-09-2010, 04:53 AM
It sucks that they got rid of part of the incentive for attacking some one. Imagine if you lost 5% of your gold instead of only 100,000. That would be fun PvP times.

icollyer
06-09-2010, 08:17 AM
It sucks that they got rid of part of the incentive for attacking some one. Imagine if you lost 5% of your gold instead of only 100,000. That would be fun PvP times.

Hell even 1% of my cash-in-hand would give you $1Bn. :D

igtenos
06-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Yeah I basically leave scarlett/mercedes up all the time once I got over $10m an hour. No matter how bad someone chains me, they're not going to get much more than a million $.

Deriam
06-09-2010, 01:24 PM
if we want to do the math you could be loosing 1.150.000 times 12 from dualsx10 if you had much money on you 100 health and only getting damaged for 8 each time

Kage Cow
06-09-2010, 01:28 PM
if we want to do the math you could be loosing 1.150.000 times 12 from dualsx10 if you had much money on you 100 health and only getting damaged for 8 each time

Not if the one attacking is using strider. By then you add an additional 2000 per attack. :D

Foehammer
06-09-2010, 02:55 PM
I figure, if someone can beat me in PvP, they can have my money....

:cool:

Of course, if you're able to beat me, you're advanced enough in the game where $115,000 doesn't matter to either of us....

Ahmulag Ra
06-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Not if the one attacking is using strider. By then you add an additional 2000 per attack. :D

I don't know why, but I always just assumed that the 2000 extra gold was just magically drawn by the server, not taken from the victim's treasury?

Foehammer
06-09-2010, 05:14 PM
:D
I don't know why, but I always just assumed that the 2000 extra gold was just magically drawn by the server, not taken from the victim's treasury?

Yeah, that extra 2,000 goes A LONG way . . . in the first 20 levels.

Kage Cow
06-10-2010, 12:11 AM

Got hit by strider berfore and I did lose an additional 2000 from my wallet. But if you are banking 330M per hour... that's chump change :D

Arctic Wolf
06-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Got hit by strider berfore and I did lose an additional 2000 from my wallet. But if you are banking 330M per hour... that's chump change :D

so if im making half of that per hour i need to buy more land eh? O_o

mushyroom
06-10-2010, 05:47 AM

Man that won't even qualify as change..... 1m is closer to change... Left my worries about money after maxing out my lands. It was a very wise advice to invest in lands.

frankgrimes
06-10-2010, 05:59 AM

yeah by like level 50, getting chained without banking is nothing more than a minor setback, and at like 150 its totally irrelevant

ImYiOsUs
06-10-2010, 06:41 AM
I got attacked more than 100 times daily since my Chaining Request and I never bank, is gold really an issue after level 200+?

And yeah, how come you never met Aeris?

Major
06-10-2010, 11:39 AM

I don't hide, or bank.

You might want to revisit your strategy when reaching level 300. I too dont bank or hide, cant be bothered. I dont lose much $$ maybe $115,000 a week on average. Actual i dont lose anything if i factor in the $$ i gain from being attacked.

But you will either hide or bank (maybe both) after reaching level 300.

Ahmulag Ra
06-10-2010, 07:29 PM
You might want to revisit your strategy when reaching level 300. I too dont bank or hide, cant be bothered. I dont lose much $$ maybe $115,000 a week on average. Actual i dont lose anything if i factor in the $$ i gain from being attacked.

But you will either hide or bank (maybe both) after reaching level 300.

http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Aeris

http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/File:Aeris.jpg

Level Attack Defense Ability
1 2 2 -10% fee
2 3 3 -25% fee
3 4 4 -50% fee
4 5 5 -100% fee

isaluteyou
06-10-2010, 08:14 PM
they should actually allow you more cash in pvp for attacking. I dont even bother banking anymore, means more clicks needed:p. whooo i got chained and lost 1mill total thats them most i have ever lost. usually im down 115k every few days. Hardly makes much of a diff.

Past lvl 50+ its not worth attacking for cash. Unless you have no land or something

I like the fact that i won several million from just defending in war though:D

peninvade
06-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Maybe they will add a thieving dynamic where you get more money. At lvl 228 and Land maxed, i am not worried about banking either, though the war function takes money 10 times as fast. But if they started taking a percentage of money on hand I would rethink the banking. The drawback: Players are having a lot of fun attacking monsters, questing, dueling, and invading. it would be a turn off to have to go back to banking all the time. I think the compromise would be to provide some benefit for a hardcore banker in which we can partake if we choose. If i could by something for 1 trillion or 100 billion and attacks drained my money at a rate of 20% without banking, i might be inclined to bank now and then.

dreamreaper
06-11-2010, 11:17 PM
they should make a bank function that allows you to bank you cash for a certain time period and it gains a sort of interest such as a royal vault for example

1 day in the royal vault = 1%
2 day in the royal vault = 3%
3 day in the royal vault = 5%
4 day in the royal vault = 10%
5 day in the royal vault = 13%
6 day in the royal vault = 15%
7 day in the royal vault = 20%
28 day in the royal vault = 50%

this will give more people at the lower level to put large amounts into the bank and have them double it for them while they can still use the normal bank to hold other gold.