PDA

View Full Version : Facebook ID for bookmark??

alnitak
06-08-2010, 03:14 PM
OK. I have now reached High General and finding worthy dueling foes is becoming very difficult. So, I may now have to start bookmarking, though I have never done it before.

I have a problem I could use some help with, though. I've read about PvP and how you put their FB ID into a string to get to their Castle Age keep. It worked for the first few names I retrieved from my combat history under the "home" tab. However, one name in the list doesn't show me a FB ID when I click on it. It directs me to his FB page, but his ID is masked. For example (no names here), his FB page is "www.facebook.com/aliasname", where "aliasname" is used in place of "user=nnnnnnnn".

How do I identify his FB ID so I can mark his keep page? He's a Baron (at level 93!) who's taken plenty of points off me, so I'd like to return the favor.

Ahmulag Ra
06-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Meanwhile, if there's a possibility of masking your FB ID, I would like to know. Personally, I don't and won't bookmark someone and would like to ensure a level playing field.

Foehammer
06-08-2010, 05:15 PM
OK. I have now reached High General and finding worthy dueling foes is becoming very difficult. So, I may now have to start bookmarking, though I have never done it before.

I have a problem I could use some help with, though. I've read about PvP and how you put their FB ID into a string to get to their Castle Age keep. It worked for the first few names I retrieved from my combat history under the "home" tab. However, one name in the list doesn't show me a FB ID when I click on it. It directs me to his FB page, but his ID is masked. For example (no names here), his FB page is "www.facebook.com/aliasname", where "aliasname" is used in place of "user=nnnnnnnn".

How do I identify his FB ID so I can mark his keep page? He's a Baron (at level 93!) who's taken plenty of points off me, so I'd like to return the favor.

Ummm, go to your battle history menu, open up his keep in a NEW WINDOW, and then bookmark that page...

Foehammer
06-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Meanwhile, if there's a possibility of masking your FB ID, I would like to know. Personally, I don't and won't bookmark someone and would like to ensure a level playing field.

I Googled it. Currently, the only way to do it is to completely BLOCK specific individuals, so they won't be able to find you in searches. There might be a slightly lesser setting.

It's in privacy settings somewhere. @Work, and FB is blocked, though for some dumb reason the forum isn't. Yay for me. I would check otherwise.

Rutherford
06-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Facebook sucks for privacy. They barely make an effort, and recent updates have made it worse. Even if you block somebody, they can get your facebook ID a number of other ways.

Anyways, if you're not blocked the facebook ID is all over the profile regardless of privacy settings. It's easiest to get off the avatar picture.

Michael Rhew
06-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Go to the Profile page of the individual that has an alias instead of a number. Take a close look at the link for the "send a message" feature, or the "poke" feature. I have found ID numbers for people that have an alias using that method.

alnitak
06-09-2010, 12:49 AM
OK. I tried all of the tips and none work. I just get the three squares when I look to the picture or links. I even went to some of his friends page, and he has a whole cast of characters operating under his alias -- "TragicWei".

One of his friends has as an alias, "tragicwei#1". Another led me to a picture of him on a profile page, with what I thought was his name. It also had an ID of the type "user=nnnnnnnn#1/tragicwei". So I copied the number (without the #1) and went to that keep. It was a level 7 acolyte female that I recognized from his friend page. This guy has a complex system of facades and aliases set up!!

What is he doing (like with the squares) and how do i find out his ID??

alnitak
06-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Ummm, go to your battle history menu, open up his keep in a NEW WINDOW, and then bookmark that page...

How do I do that? I go to the history, and all it has is his name I can click on, which goes to his keep, but in the same window. And the address at the top just gets me back to my keep.

derkaiser
06-09-2010, 01:32 AM
Don't bookmark people who you can't bookmark. But I think google would work.

Michael Rhew
06-09-2010, 01:50 AM
How do I do that? I go to the history, and all it has is his name I can click on, which goes to his keep, but in the same window. And the address at the top just gets me back to my keep.

RIGHT Mouse Click on the name in the Battle History - then from the menu that pops up, select open in a new tab or window (whichever you prefer). When that new tab or window opens, Bookmark that page.

The alias you provided is not enough info to even begin finding this person. You will only be able to find him using the history, and linking to him that way.

Death of Rats
06-09-2010, 02:05 AM
"wei.", level 93 Baron
Quests Completed1773
Battles/Wars Won8600
Battles/Wars Lost2539
Times eliminated38
Times you eliminated an enemy106

If it wouldn't be like shooting fish in a barrel, I'd help myself to some BPs.

The Lord of the Files
06-09-2010, 02:33 AM
"wei.", level 93 Baron
Quests Completed1773
Battles/Wars Won8600
Battles/Wars Lost2539
Times eliminated38
Times you eliminated an enemy106

If it wouldn't be like shooting fish in a barrel, I'd help myself to some BPs.

I hate barrel-fish. As soon as he's out of zombie mode I'll take free BP's.

alnitak
06-09-2010, 03:50 AM
RIGHT Mouse Click on the name in the Battle History - then from the menu that pops up, select open in a new tab or window (whichever you prefer). When that new tab or window opens, Bookmark that page.

The alias you provided is not enough info to even begin finding this person. You will only be able to find him using the history, and linking to him that way.

Thanks. Right click worked.

All in all, it's no big thing. No animosity here. It's just a curious start to my bookmarking adventures. I'll have to read up more on aliases and how to create/use them.