PDA

View Full Version : Best Hero/General for collecting loot after monster fight?

Etrnlwanderer
06-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Is there a specific hero or general who gives a tweak to your loot/ favor point drops when collecting after killing a monster?

icollyer
06-08-2010, 11:33 AM
The only generals that are known to have any effect when collecting loot are those that increase the number of demi-points you gain (i.e. Morrigan and Angelica).

Etrnlwanderer
06-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks. Was scouring all thru the wiki and couldnt find any answer to it. I have 8 dragons lined up for loot collection. I dont have Angelica, so I'll give little Morrigan a run and see what happens! =)

ImYiOsUs
06-08-2010, 12:43 PM
I always use Titania to collect loot...

Patrick D
06-08-2010, 12:57 PM
I just use whatever general I have equiped at that time, it doesn't really matter and a lousy 2 extra demi points for 20 looted monsters isn't something I care enough about.

kenixe
06-08-2010, 04:48 PM
I switch to Titania most of the time, but I'm not entirely sure if that made any difference!

Foehammer
06-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I switch to Titania most of the time, but I'm not entirely sure if that made any difference!

I think Titiana helps with quest drops. So I used her in the Underworld to help get all the stuff you need for Cartiggan. Absolutely no bearing on monster loot whatsoever... and 2 extra demi points or whatever isn't even worth the effort of clicking on the menu tabs three times.... :D

icollyer
06-08-2010, 07:03 PM
I think Titiana helps with quest drops. So I used her in the Underworld to help get all the stuff you need for Cartiggan. Absolutely no bearing on monster loot whatsoever... and 2 extra demi points or whatever isn't even worth the effort of clicking on the menu tabs three times.... :D

I've maxed all my demi-points apart from Aurora, but I'm not praying to her.

So I'll take 6% extra Aurora points from loot, at up to 40 kills per day with 3-5 demi slots each, those extra points add up!

Foehammer
06-08-2010, 07:16 PM

So I'll take 6% extra Aurora points from loot, at up to 40 kills per day with 3-5 demi slots each, those extra points add up!

Well, they do. But there's no gauruntee you'll even get Aurora points. They could be any of them, right? I haven't researched that... after I got Moonfall and the Sword of Redemption, the rest of the demigod loot is useless. I guess it'll unlock quests and favor points.... uuggghhh

Okay, I guess I'll use Titiana to get loot.... :D

Azraelswrd
06-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Angelica and Morrigan are the only ones with "obvious" benefits during loot collection. No one has irrefuteable evidence with Titania (who is in my book a general that got hosed the most by the dev changes to quest drops, which most are now 100% -- still no proof if she helps on random encounter drops either)

And no, I'm not going to volunteer to do THAT study! :D

Foehammer
06-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Angelica and Morrigan are the only ones with "obvious" benefits during loot collection. No one has irrefuteable evidence with Titania (who is in my book a general that got hosed the most by the dev changes to quest drops, which most are now 100% -- still no proof if she helps on random encounter drops either)

And no, I'm not going to volunteer to do THAT study! :D

LMAO! Me neither.

Lord Dufduf
06-09-2010, 08:08 PM
I just use whatever general I have equiped at that time, it doesn't really matter and a lousy 2 extra demi points for 20 looted monsters isn't something I care enough about.

Big mistake. I use to think that too. Here is the thing: favor points are awarded in place of demi points on occasion. So if you have 4-6 demi slots compared to 2-3 demi slots multiply that out by 10 sea serpents or whatever, and it makes a big difference in the number of possible FPs you can get. Possible favor point mind you. Angelica just creates more SLOTS for the chance there of.

We don't equip Angelica because we want demi points. We equip Angelica because we want favor points.

icollyer
06-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Big mistake. I use to think that too. Here is the thing: favor points are awarded in place of demi points on occasion. So if you have 4-6 demi slots compared to 2-3 demi slots multiply that out by 10 sea serpents or whatever, and it makes a big difference in the number of possible FPs you can get. Possible favor point mind you. Angelica just creates more SLOTS for the chance there of.

We don't equip Angelica because we want demi points. We equip Angelica because we want favor points.

I don't think that's the case.

It seems to me (and I use Angelica all the time when looting) that she gives you a 6% chance to gain extra demi-points for every demi-point slot that exists in your loot, she doesn't give extra slots.

Watch out for those times you get a message telling you she gained you 1 extra demi-point, yet all demi-slots had 2+ points in them.

Patrick D
06-09-2010, 10:17 PM

Morrigan just gives a 5% chance to get 1 or 2 extra demi points (which can be from any demi-god) when you loot a monster, not 6% extra Aurora points and not for every demi slot either. I think she's absolutely useless for looting monsters.

Major
06-10-2010, 12:00 PM
The only generals that are known to have any effect when collecting loot are those that increase the number of demi-points you gain (i.e. Morrigan and Angelica).

Anyone tested what happens if you change a general from/to Morrigan and Angelica.

Ie start with a stone guardian and swap to a Morrigan or Angelica before the final blow.

icollyer
06-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Anyone tested what happens if you change a general from/to Morrigan and Angelica.

Ie start with a stone guardian and swap to a Morrigan or Angelica before the final blow.

It makes no difference.

You only need Morrigan/Angelica equipped when you collect your loot, not while you're fighting.

Foehammer
06-10-2010, 04:54 PM
It makes no difference.

You only need Morrigan/Angelica equipped when you collect your loot, not while you're fighting.

Yeah. Again, if you care about the Demi points... once you've collected all the rewards though, it doesn't matter....

peninvade
06-10-2010, 06:05 PM

I often play castle age with 2 windows open- one with the general page so i can change generals frequently- Skaar to fortify, Ophelia+lotus to attack, scarlet- off, aeris- bank, Angelica-collect if i am collecting more than 1, Dragan-Buy stuff, Azeron/Lailah- level up

labalaba
06-10-2010, 06:31 PM
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this..

I haven't done my 25 dragons achievement on FB,
but I've finish over 60 on MS and I only get FPs when
Im collecting with Zarevok and time of day is usually
involved also, even if Im only doing a measly 3 PA.

Foehammer
06-10-2010, 06:51 PM
I often play castle age with 2 windows open- one with the general page so i can change generals frequently- Skaar to fortify, Ophelia+lotus to attack, scarlet- off, aeris- bank, Angelica-collect if i am collecting more than 1, Dragan-Buy stuff, Azeron/Lailah- level up

I usually do that, but sometimes it doesn't like to load right or recognized that I changed generals.... stupid browsers

What's really fun is opening up IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari all at once, logging into different accounts in each, gifting yourself, accepting your gifts, and then logging out.

I wish they had a shortcut for gifting... like a "Friends List" you can click on for your regular gifters....

That would save so much time of digging through the 1,000 + army I've built in my accounts.... sheesh

Rutherford
06-14-2010, 08:42 PM
What's really fun is opening up IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari all at once, logging into different accounts in each, gifting yourself, accepting your gifts, and then logging out.

Because cheating rules! ;)