PDA

View Full Version : War ranks

MarBar
06-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Quick question about war ranks.

The description for War said it wouldn't let you go down a rank, but you would lose war points.

Does that mean you level up to a footman (Rank 2) and then get chained down to 0 War points and still be a footman? Or would you stop at 250?

Similarly, could you be a Captain with 0 War points by the same method? Or is there some lower limit on the way points you can earn? And if there is, is it based on Rank or Tier?

Marlfox
06-07-2010, 08:03 PM
When read carefully, it doesn't say anything about "rank". It clearly states:

"You will lose war points but will never move down a Tier."

That means: if you're a Lieutenant, you cannot drop down to Corporal again - same as with battle ranks.

MarBar
06-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks. I must have read that part wrong. But there is still one thing that I don't understand.

If you are a Lieutenant with 700 war points, and lose a war, will you still have the 700 war points? (I know you will still be a Lieutenant)

I know if battle you wouldn't lose any BP, but I am not sure if the system is different or not.

Durgoth
06-08-2010, 04:47 AM
Thanks. I must have read that part wrong. But there is still one thing that I don't understand.

If you are a Lieutenant with 700 war points, and lose a war, will you still have the 700 war points? (I know you will still be a Lieutenant)

I know if battle you wouldn't lose any BP, but I am not sure if the system is different or not.

No, If you lost a battle at 700 war points, It will drop down below 700. You WILL however, still be considered a Lieutenant.

runforlife
06-08-2010, 05:45 AM
No, If you lost a battle at 700 war points, It will drop down below 700. You WILL however, still be considered a Lieutenant.

are you sure? i has 700 WP several days ago, and it is still 700 after being war chained day by day

icollyer
06-08-2010, 06:08 AM
You will always keep the highest named rank you have attained, but you can lose war points down to the bottom of your tier.

Once you reach Footman or Corporal, you'll never go below that rank, though you can be chained down to 100 war points.

When you reach Lieutanant (sic) you can't be chained below 700 war points.

Marlfox
06-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Officers are on active duty and active participation in the war is a must! Because commissioned Officers are on active duty, In the Galactic Civil War, you can earn faction points and gain new ranks through a variety of activities. Fighting both NPC enemies and player enemies will earn you GCW points that will be applied weekly to determine your current rank.Each new rank will grant you access to higher-level rewards from your faction recruiter. No more than 40% of your current rank will decay in a single week. As rank decays, an officer will need to earn enough GCW points to overcome the amount of rank that has decayed each week.

Less alcohol and more ADS medicine for you, mate!