PDA

View Full Version : BSI LSI, etc recomendations

CSeyoum
06-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Hello
I have been playing for about a month now, I am level 99 with these stats:

92 Max Energy -- Do more quests
78 Max Stamina -- Launch attacks! (cost 2)
300 Attack -- Offensive might
320 Defense -- Defense power
100 Max Health -- Withstand attacks

BSI; 6.21

Where should i go from here? I care about my win loss ratio, I currently have 6500 wins to 5 loses, and I dont want that to change but I want to be able to put out good enough damage in PVM to get good items.

Any advice is appreciated

CSeyoum
06-07-2010, 02:06 PM
and what exactly is LSI, thx

killuminati
06-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Hello

BSI; 6.21

Where should i go from here? I care about my win loss ratio, I currently have 6500 wins to 5 loses, and I dont want that to change but I want to be able to put out good enough damage in PVM to get good items.

put more into stam and a bit of energy bout 120 ene. :]

killuminati
06-07-2010, 02:28 PM
and what exactly is LSI, thx

LEVELING STAT INDEX i think. :]

Rutherford
06-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Yes, it's leveling stat index.

It's just (2*Stamina + Energy) / Level.

You're on the right track for a slow leveling PVP build that has a nice Win / Loss ratio. Some long term players have less Stamina and Energy.

You may be unhappy with how that works out against your Monster hunting goals.

CSeyoum
06-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Yes, it's leveling stat index.

It's just (2*Stamina + Energy) / Level.

You're on the right track for a slow leveling PVP build that has a nice Win / Loss ratio. Some long term players have less Stamina and Energy.

You may be unhappy with how that works out against your Monster hunting goals.

Yea, I think il just have to play as a hybrid then, I feel that unless one takes on every aspect of this game, it gets to mundane...Guess I will have to take some loses

CSeyoum
06-07-2010, 03:14 PM
I think I am going to level off energy and stam at 150 a piece. then pump attack and defense

Foehammer
06-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Hello

BSI; 6.21

With Energy and Stamina stats that low, leveling must be slow for you. Head on over to my Power Questing for Skill Points Guide and it'll tell you how you can most efficiently Level 4 your quests.

http://www.castleageforums.com/cforum/showthread.php?t=31141

Definitely get your energy/stamina up to at least 120. You'll regret the low energy/stamina even at those levels. I just leveled a character from the low 70s to the low 100s in 24 hours using the Power Questing path. That kind of growth will be out of reach for you character at this point, but you can at least use the guide to rack up some quick skill points with your leveling so sparse.

Foehammer
06-07-2010, 03:25 PM
I think I am going to level off energy and stam at 150 a piece. then pump attack and defense

Do what you want to do. But even if you get to High King with a PvP build, what do you get for it? Archangels? High King Crowns? There are better units and armor from monsters. 300 Attack/Defense is fine for now. Personally, I wouldn't have even bothered with Defense. 0.7 of your attack goes into defense anyway. But many would disagree with me, and I'm not 100% sure if that ratio applies to Monsters.

If you have high stamina/energy, you can farm loot off of monsters. Build an army of 501 Chronus's, Volcanic Knights, and other 20+/20+ units and you'll be force to be reckoned with, even with 0/0 Attack/Defense.

CSeyoum
06-07-2010, 03:27 PM
With Energy and Stamina stats that low, leveling must be slow for you. Head on over to my Power Questing for Skill Points Guide and it'll tell you how you can most efficiently Level 4 your quests.

http://www.castleageforums.com/cforum/showthread.php?t=31141

Definitely get your energy/stamina up to at least 120. You'll regret the low energy/stamina even at those levels. I just leveled a character from the low 70s to the low 100s in 24 hours using the Power Questing path. That kind of growth will be out of reach for you character at this point, but you can at least use the guide to rack up some quick skill points with your leveling so sparse.

What is ur character' energy and stam at?

That leveling guide looks useful, but I would not want to level up to fast anyways for fear for being chained by someone better than me, I am already a target because of my Baron rank.

CSeyoum
06-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Do what you want to do. But even if you get to High King with a PvP build, what do you get for it? Archangels? High King Crowns? There are better units and armor from monsters. 300 Attack/Defense is fine for now. Personally, I wouldn't have even bothered with Defense. 0.7 of your attack goes into defense anyway. But many would disagree with me, and I'm not 100% sure if that ratio applies to Monsters.

If you have high stamina/energy, you can farm loot off of monsters. Build an army of 501 Chronus's, Volcanic Knights, and other 20+/20+ units and you'll be force to be reckoned with, even with 0/0 Attack/Defense.

With my limited knowledge of this game, only gathering what I have read so far, I have heard that attack and defense are extremely highly weighted, so all these monsters that you accumulate are secondary to those stats...again im a newb...but from what I have gathered so far that seems to be the case.

Foehammer
06-07-2010, 03:54 PM
With my limited knowledge of this game, only gathering what I have read so far, I have heard that attack and defense are extremely highly weighted, so all these monsters that you accumulate are secondary to those stats...again im a newb...but from what I have gathered so far that seems to be the case.

Attack and Defense are definitely important. Its just a question of when you invest in them. There's no "right" or "wrong" build, other than investing tons of points in Health.

You regenerate 288 Energy and Stamina each day. So, unless you're glued to your computer, you might consider upping them a bit so you can actually leave the computer without losing recharge time.

I would also recommend you read the first page or two of the "Rule of 300" thread, which will explain a different approach to the game than the PvP one.

Foehammer
06-07-2010, 04:00 PM
What is ur character' energy and stam at?

That leveling guide looks useful, but I would not want to level up to fast anyways for fear for being chained by someone better than me, I am already a target because of my Baron rank.

My power leveler has 750 Energy, and 25 stamina. At level ~105. That build I am taking to 2,000 energy before I do anything else.

My main account started out as more of a PvP build, and I'm transitioning it to PvM because I want it to be my "collecting" account. So I'm taking a balanced approach.

If you don't care about Monsters, and only PvP, then stick with slow leveling. The guide I linked to isn't about Power Leveling, but Power Questing. (There's a difference, though I do discuss both there). Power Questing is good for slow levelers who want to gain extra skill points without leveling as much.

Rutherford
06-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Everybody should follow Foehammer's questing guide. I like to unlock lands, then follow his guide.

But, I think the rest of his advice is junk. :D

You're going to hear conflicting opinions the more folks you talk too. At some point, you gotta make up your own mind.

xtrchessreal
06-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Chained? You are worried about being attacked by all those that you attacked to get battle points?

I would look around for info on the benefits of being chained. If you find you can't perhaps there is some info missing in these strategy guides.

Foehammer
06-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Everybody should follow Foehammer's questing guide. I like to unlock lands, then follow his guide.

But, I think the rest of his advice is junk. :D

You're going to hear conflicting opinions the more folks you talk too. At some point, you gotta make up your own mind.

LOL... what a friendly rivalry we have.

All I'm saying is that, eventually, you run out of achievements and quests. Your only source of skill points will be from leveling. So, power levelers will get this skill points faster... not to mention everything up until that point faster. How many quests can you level 4 if you have 2,000 energy?????

You could turn your power leveler into a respectable PvP player in 10 or 15 levels, once your energy/stamina is high enough.

Rutherford
06-11-2010, 01:10 AM
LOL... what a friendly rivalry we have.

That was three days ago. ;)

Thought you'd already seen it.