PDA

View Full Version : War

chantalsdad
06-06-2010, 04:03 PM
I am wondering...is there a way to remove myself from "WAR"....?

TanithTT
06-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Short answer: No

Alper
06-06-2010, 04:56 PM
isnīt the same like arena :)

Caissa's DeathAngel
06-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Yep, you can't remove yourself from War any more than you can from Battles.

There's no requirement however to participate in either one actively, though admittedly that doesn't stop you being attacked.

Brunor
06-06-2010, 06:25 PM
It's the same as PvP, you can't avoid (unless you hide), but after some time, you probably won't be attacked anymore, if you don't give war points, it'll be a waste of 10 stamina, and people will aim for the higher ranks

Azraelswrd
06-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Arena was optional. You had to click the big red AGREE button to enter. For War, it's like normal PVP -- you're in by default. But they separated the points so if someone wars you, your battle points will not be affected.

This gives people a choice of whether they should care about it or not. If they do not, then they will remain a war rank 0 and have 0 war points. Nothing gained, nothing lost.

TanithTT
06-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Arena was optional. You had to click the big red AGREE button to enter. For War, it's like normal PVP -- you're in by default. But they separated the points so if someone wars you, your battle points will not be affected.

This gives people a choice of whether they should care about it or not. If they do not, then they will remain a war rank 0 and have 0 war points. Nothing gained, nothing lost.

NB - they could always be gaining War Points (and Ranks) pasively if they defeat people who attack them

Jerry Western
06-06-2010, 07:52 PM
I for one see a demand for it, say you have some decent heroes/generals, but a small army and maybe only 30 good weapons and armour then War comes into its own. Or you are still building up your army or get slaughtered in duels or invading, War is a sound option, at present its hard to find people using it and the rewards are not great, maybe the rewards will improve dependent on the numbers that play, my friend likes it, I am not sure, but hes got decent generals me?, nothing specail.

Azraelswrd
06-06-2010, 08:04 PM
True, they can still accumulate WP even if they are not active. I gained 2 ranks this way. But it shouldn't impact their gameplay other than the occassional dip in health and changing win/loss ratio (which means nothing anyways).

The rewards I think are really nice for low to mid level players. A 7/7 weapon with no upkeep? Even if you don't have a sufficient invasion force, stock up on them for the day you finally do. It replaces SOOOOOO many weapons and even if the gains are small, if you have the money, it's not a bad investment.

I have no opinion on CB since I'm still just a rank 4 other than he's a worse AA (23/20 vs 25/20). No upkeep for CB.

In any event, the free 20 skill points are a great carrot for any type of player.

Kareng
06-06-2010, 08:10 PM
I love it! I think it is a great equalizer for lower levels and gives them a chance to get advanced soldiers and weapons. :)

Caissa's DeathAngel
06-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I also love it as it gives much better experience than normal PVP, which means I'm more inclined to do it than tediously clicking 500 times for 1-2 experience each time. Besides Battle Points that's hardly worth the effort.

zer01986
06-07-2010, 05:36 AM
For me the war seems to be a good balance for me. I'm still a hybrid player (pvp&raid/monster) and this feature seems to be benefial for me. The skill points + got some good generals from the chest (which i used accumulated game points and not from buying). i'm ok with the new feature. Just one question though, do the abilities of the general go into the calculation of war?

Azraelswrd
06-07-2010, 05:38 AM
For me the war seems to be a good balance for me. I'm still a hybrid player (pvp&raid/monster) and this feature seems to be benefial for me. The skill points + got some good generals from the chest (which i used accumulated game points and not from buying). i'm ok with the new feature. Just one question though, do the abilities of the general go into the calculation of war?

No. Looks like its only attack/defense. It's one big numbers game and the bigger sausage wins.

zer01986
06-07-2010, 07:32 AM
So the standard rules apply. for attack: att+(0.7)def ?

P.S.:(when u say big sausage, u do mean it literally dont you ;) )

Draghar
06-07-2010, 09:52 AM
What lvl I need to be for that War thingie?I don't see a link anywhere o_O

Reaperite
06-07-2010, 10:16 AM
War unlocks at level 150

MichaelSeth
06-07-2010, 02:05 PM
I have a couple of questions about the mechanics of WAR

War is something like a 7-fold duel.

Does it seem that there's a luck factor involved like duels? Anyone
chained someone and found that they've gotten different results in
different iterations?

General vs general and player vs player seem pretty straightforward
but how does player vs general work? Given that a general has
Att+Def of at most around 50, I would expect that almost any player
of level 150+ would destroy any general unless there was a massive
difference in gear. I have read on the forum of at least one instance of
a player losing to a general. Is the number crunching different for
players and generals?

Jerry Western
06-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Well my friend has gone up a couple of levels, as he says the war axe is a good weapon and "sigh" hes only gone and purchase 250 of them, no upkeep so now I see why he likes war, plus its a great way to get XP points.

Draconus
06-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Interesting, a Weapon that's better then the Gladiator Sword but no upkeep, as well as a Soldier that's only 2 points below an Archangel that also charges no upkeep? I may yet invest a 10 spot of stamina into War here and there myself.

Kage Cow
06-07-2010, 11:31 PM
I have a couple of questions about the mechanics of WAR

War is something like a 7-fold duel.

Does it seem that there's a luck factor involved like duels? Anyone
chained someone and found that they've gotten different results in
different iterations?

You may lose to someone with better equipment and generals. Even if you have better stats, having bad equipment and low stat generals will still cost you. You will lose since the advantage no longer lies on your own stats, unlike with invasion and duels where your general/s and equipment/s add to your stats.

MichaelSeth
06-08-2010, 03:20 AM
I can see that the things that contribute to a win in War are
different to dueling and invading so what was a good PVP build
may not be a good War build. What I was asking about is
the "random wobble". When I chain somebody whose defence is
close to my attack I win some and lose some over the course of
say, 10 attacks in 2 minutes. The variation is due to a bit of
randomness added to the formula that can push the result either way when
the opponents are closely matched. I was wondering whether anyone
had noticed the same thing in War.

Azraelswrd
06-08-2010, 03:39 AM
From bobo's post in the War discussion, I think there is "wobble" in War. Keeps things from being too predictable.

Foehammer
06-08-2010, 08:48 PM
True, they can still accumulate WP even if they are not active. I gained 2 ranks this way. But it shouldn't impact their gameplay other than the occassional dip in health and changing win/loss ratio (which means nothing anyways).

The rewards I think are really nice for low to mid level players. A 7/7 weapon with no upkeep? Even if you don't have a sufficient invasion force, stock up on them for the day you finally do. It replaces SOOOOOO many weapons and even if the gains are small, if you have the money, it's not a bad investment.

I have no opinion on CB since I'm still just a rank 4 other than he's a worse AA (23/20 vs 25/20). No upkeep for CB.

In any event, the free 20 skill points are a great carrot for any type of player.

Yeah. I'm looking forward to warring a bit later this week, after my current batch of monsters die.....

Also, if you win, the XP is pretty darn good. I only did one battle last night to check it out. Traded 10 stamina for 42 xp. Better than the Cefka quest!