PDA

View Full Version : Best War Configuration - Trying to Understand Why I win every war, but still have...

TheAquarian
06-06-2010, 03:49 AM
I am trying to pick the best generals for war, which I think I am pretty close to doing because i have yet to lose a war, however I'm also trying to understand why I haven't lost any wars, yet I still get clobbered by some people in duels. I have done attacking and defending in both cases.

Here's my current war council:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs637.snc3/31960_1494728851787_1341037773_31347510_3165758_n. jpg

I seem to be doing okay with this set up, although if anyone has any insight I'd like to know if it can be tweaked to be made better. Here are the generals I have to populate with (I left out the really low level ones).

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs637.snc3/31960_1494728891788_1341037773_31347511_4461926_n. jpg

I made the decision to populate the way I did because of base stats alone, but I do not know the answer to the following questios:

Is gear that enhances a general's stats factored into war?

Are the generals special abilities factored into war?

Is there a different duel formula for war, than regular duels?

If I have 8 Volcanic helms, why are only three being used when other helms of lesser quality are being equipped to some generals?

As i said before, I am glad that I have been winning in war, but the skeptic in me doesn't see why I should be when I am still kind of a mediocre duelist. If anyone can give me some pointers on configuring everything, and simply understanding the difference between Wars and Duels (beyond the obvious) I'd be appreciative.

Here are my current player stats:

Level: 166
Energy: 51
Attack: 279
Defense: 412
Stamina:185
Health: 153
Army: 604

Azraelswrd
06-06-2010, 03:55 AM
Only 3 of each item is used. THis is to prevent unbalance.

Looks like its all about attack + defense. If your score is higher, that slot is won. Total victory depends on who won more points. Abilities not a factor.

Doesn't look like gen-specific gear is factored. My Azriel is only a 28/22 but I have the crusade which should make her a 28/27.

You could also be well matched for your level bracket. I'm facing stiff resistance from the 300+ crowd and just got ripped for net 7bp loss in the last hour from over a dozen attacks. It's almost time for Az to go into Super Desperation Mode. :D

TheAquarian
06-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Only 3 of each item is used. THis is to prevent unbalance.

Looks like its all about attack + defense. If your score is higher, that slot is won. Total victory depends on who won more points. Abilities not a factor.

Doesn't look like gen-specific gear is factored. My Azriel is only a 28/22 but I have the crusade which should make her a 28/27.

You could also be well matched for your level bracket. I'm facing stiff resistance from the 300+ crowd and just got ripped for net 7bp loss in the last hour from over a dozen attacks. It's almost time for Az to go into Super Desperation Mode. :D

Hmmm that explains a lot because my generals have pretty high base stats compared to many (I have been really lucky when I roll), but my player stats are just OK for PvP.

Azraelswrd
06-06-2010, 04:02 AM
War really favors hunters because they are more likely to have more of the "best" gear and this would mean they can win more of the points even if they lose the summoner position. I'm a hybrid and can carry my weight on summoner but I don't have enough gear and that's costing me.

TheAquarian
06-06-2010, 04:02 AM
Hmm I just had a thought on strategy...

If your player stats are crappy and you almost never win against other players who challenge you, wouldn't it be better to put yourself in one of the 2nd highest point spots and a general in the middle knowing that you are going to probably lose the middle anyway, but even crappy player stats should be able to destroy most generals.

Azraelswrd
06-06-2010, 04:09 AM
Hmm I just had a thought on strategy...

If your player stats are crappy and you almost never win against other players who challenge you, wouldn't it be better to put yourself in one of the 2nd highest point spots and a general in the middle knowing that you are going to probably lose the middle anyway, but even crappy player stats should be able to destroy most generals.

That is exactly what some people are doing.

*edit by mod*
Please use the official war strategies topic for further discussion.