PDA

View Full Version : Stone Guardian special ability

TravisMcGivern
06-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Can someone explain to me exactly how the Stone Guardian's special ability works? Does it increase siege damage so long as the SG is equipped to participate in a siege weapon? Does it have to be equipped when the weapon activates? Does it have to be equipped for the final click to activate the weapon? Does it only work on my siege weapons, or does it work on any siege weapon I participate in? I've had this general forever, but haven't ever really used it because the ability is so unclear.

Lazlo
06-05-2010, 07:44 PM
It only works if you're the summoner, and needs to be equipped when the weapon goes off (you don't need to trigger it).

Overall pretty hard to use unless you're a prolific large monster summoner.

Azraelswrd
06-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Yeah, I wish it worked for all monsters and not just the ones you summoned. That would be epic. As it stands, he's a summoner only weapon that may pay off if people click assists.

RAUKO
06-05-2010, 07:54 PM
What is the point of Epic General, whose ability could be useful occasionally? Summon a Hydra, suppose it's dead in few hours... then what? :confused:

Not to mention situations when you summoned world monster, joyfully bash dragon with Zarevok - siege weapon triggers :(

Whatever people might say, not very useful Epic General and pretty difficult to please.

thepru
06-05-2010, 11:22 PM
can someone tell me the difference in the amount that the SG makes with the seiges go off as when hes not equipped?

Draconus
06-05-2010, 11:40 PM
can someone tell me the difference in the amount that the SG makes with the seiges go off as when hes not equipped?

At level 4 He gives a 10% boost to the damage each siege weapon does. He must be equipped at the time the monster is summoned but can be ignored from then on. He need not be equipped at the time the siege weapon fires. Aside from when summoning a monster battle, His only value is as yet another general to go along for the ride during an invasion. At level 4 his stats are 20/22. I don't have him myself, but a close friend does and expects to be summoning an Azriel in the near future. Such an ability can easily be the difference in success and defeat for such battles.

SinCityMarauder
06-06-2010, 08:16 PM
At level 4 He gives a 10% boost to the damage each siege weapon does. He must be equipped at the time the monster is summoned but can be ignored from then on. He need not be equipped at the time the siege weapon fires. Aside from when summoning a monster battle, His only value is as yet another general to go along for the ride during an invasion. At level 4 his stats are 20/22. I don't have him myself, but a close friend does and expects to be summoning an Azriel in the near future. Such an ability can easily be the difference in success and defeat for such battles.

Are you SURE he does not have to be equipped when the weapon goes off? Someone above says he does. If he doesn't have to be equipped then he WOULD be a powerful advantage, I have the stone crusher but haven't dusted him off in ages...:confused:

ODragon
06-06-2010, 08:45 PM
SG needs to be equipped by the summoner at the time of siege launch to be active.

Above someone calls him useless... I have to say an extra 10% damage on an Volcanic dragon or above is a massive amount of stamina saved by every single person in the battle.

Draconus
06-06-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't have Him myself, but a friend does. And He reports that it doesn't seem to matter if he's equipped at the time the weapon fires so long as he was equipped at the time the monster was summoned. If He was required at the time of firing then the summoner would be effectively locked into keeping him equipped almost exclusively until the battle was ended or the last weapon fired. Some times you might get 100 clicks or more in a very short time while at others you might go many hours with few or no clicks. It's extremely difficult to predict just when a weapon will fire. So changing from SG to another for questing could easily cause missing out.

ODragon
06-06-2010, 08:54 PM
It's extremely difficult to predict just when a weapon will fire. So changing from SG to another for questing could easily cause missing out.
I have him and I agree completely. Personally, I consider it my responsibility to keep him equipped during the battle to make sure his ability works. That being said, I rarely summon monsters. Usually I summon the first one when it comes out and don't after that. As the summoner I have a responsibility to make sure it gets beaten and at the moment, I am too focused on getting my achievements to worry about doing 10 mil on a Genesis.