PDA

View Full Version : war :?

ZIPPER
06-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Can someone explain to me the new war system.
I can not understand it. for each position it is a hero VS hero fight or how exactly does it works. pls help!!!

FireKnife
06-05-2010, 01:52 AM
The new War feature is a battle between you and six of your heroes against your opponent and six of their heroes. You get to pick which six heroes, and their position in your War Council. Your seven best weapons of each category are automatically selected for you.

The system automatically selects the council for you initially, but you have the option to make changes to that.

When you select "[View More]" below the heroes who dueled against each other, you can see which weapons that each combatant used. The winning combatant wins points for their side based upon their council position. Whichever side wins the most points wins the war.

I would recommend max leveling your six strongest heroes, and equipping them with loot drops from monster fights..

Bigbowlr1037
06-05-2010, 01:54 AM
You have 7 positions for your council each of which has a point value (2315132). You assign your generals(you included) to the positions based on there strength. Then you attack people and your council fights there council based on each position and who you assigned to the position for each position you win you gain those points and whoever wins more points each battle wins and get the points, so you want to assign your more powerful general to the higher points because even if you win the 2x 2 points and the 2x 1 points your opponent still wins because they have 11 points to your 6.

Blue Abyss
06-05-2010, 05:20 AM
Is this a good war council set up?
Vanquish, Illusia, Nautica, Me, Celesta, Scarlet, Araxis

These are my best heroes.

FireKnife
06-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Is this a good war council set up?
Vanquish, Illusia, Nautica, Me, Celesta, Scarlet, Araxis

These are my best heroes.

Put your two strongest heroes in the positions of 'Mage Tower' and 'Tower' (three points each), and put yourself in charge of the 'Main Gate' (five points). These positions will earn you the greatest number of points, and help to ensure that you win more duels against your opponents. Put the weakest members of your War Council in charge of guarding the 'Archer Wall' and 'Armory' (one point each). If any of your War Council members are not at level 4 then you need to make it a priority to get them leveled soon.

IronSteel
06-05-2010, 08:19 AM
So this gives really bad rewards... it's just another way to waste stamina and money for those high level players. I'm concerned, the arena bar disappeared... does this mean there won't be another chance to get zarevok's meat cleaver? :(

Barnie
06-05-2010, 08:40 AM
So this gives really bad rewards... it's just another way to waste stamina and money for those high level players. I'm concerned, the arena bar disappeared... does this mean there won't be another chance to get zarevok's meat cleaver? :(

Even if another Arena will be hosted, there is no guarantee that ZMC will be one of the rewards again.

The war soldier/item rewards right now looks horrible but remember: (1) it's in the early stages and better rewards for higher ranks can/may be released, (2) they are purchasable with game gold.

Also, don't forget that there are also skill point rewards for doing this and SP = most valued thing in the game.

mitsayantan
06-05-2010, 08:42 AM
My war council:

Lyra, Scarlett, Dexter, Me, Chase, Skaar Deathrune, Cartigan

Gunther89
06-05-2010, 09:33 AM
exp payout is decent too

IronSteel
06-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks Barnie, but if you can contact the developers, they should know that getting missed items gives great motivation to people. I have many friends who missed some items and would even pay favor points to get them, also they missed the chance to get Angelica. Anyway, there should be a possibility to get those items!

SinCityMarauder
06-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Here's Mine

Arziel
Aurora**
Lotus Ravenmoore
Me
Ambrosia**
Sylvannus
Theorin

Caissa's DeathAngel
06-05-2010, 12:44 PM
The Exp pay out is actually a lot better than Battles, and this to me (as a monster hunter/quester) makes it much more appealing to do PVP for this.

It's also of note that the first weapon reward - the Ornate Axe - is a better weapon than the equivalent for Battles (Gladiator Sword) by being 7/7 and has no upkeep. It's also very cheap, at a mere 550,000 a go at the start (500,000 if you sell the one you get by default). For anyone whose income is 100 million per hour +, this is fantastic, even if there are better weapons out there.

No idea about the cost of the Orc Barbarian but to be honest I'm expecting something similar, and we can tell already that its stats are very good (there's better soldiers out there than 23/20, but as a low level reward it's not massively difficult to get within a week, and shouldn't cost too much or have high upkeep).

gregg008
06-05-2010, 01:09 PM
ok if i use maleakus or ambrosia am i getting their bonuses? for example Azeron has a higher Base attack but both Skar and ambrosia and a few others would be better if u count their bonuses---which means a general like kaylan is a a better gen in the long run

igtenos
06-05-2010, 01:31 PM
ok if i use maleakus or ambrosia am i getting their bonuses? for example Azeron has a higher Base attack but both Skar and ambrosia and a few others would be better if u count their bonuses---which means a general like kaylan is a a better gen in the long run
No. The passive general abilities have no effect in war. The only thing that matters at all is the stats of the general and the gear they are equipped with.

Barnie
06-05-2010, 01:35 PM

Azeron is the better pick on the higher point positions since he has a higher base stats. Ambrosia and Skaar boost player stats, not their own so they won't be bringing their bonus with them when they duel.

Perhaps you (the general) will get their bonus. However, it only shows your normal att/def when you try to assign your council so probably not. Right now, just go with the ones with the highest base stats.

Michan
06-06-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm sure that I'm just restating this, but whilst the computer selects your best 6 heroes (although interestingly it took Fenris 19/19 instead of Lyra 22/16), but will place the from best to worst from left to right (except you of course). To maximise your attack, you should re-arrange them to place the best (as aforementioned) in the "Tower" and "Mage Tower" position, and so on.

*edit by mod*
please use the official war strategies topic for further discussion.