PDA

View Full Version : XP from next gen monsters

isaluteyou
06-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Is it only me or are the next gen monsters dishing out more xp per punch? i just got 72xp for a 10stam PA from an azriel. Followed by a 68 neither were critical hits. then on the alpha i hit 69 and 64. Yeah i know i still get 8xp every now and then. but tbh i have been getting lucky with the next gen. I still think the overall xp is best on dragons. but i have difficulty in finding lots of open ones.

Of course this might just be my luck/imagination:D

Ahmulag Ra
06-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Was it definitely a 10 and not a 20 PA? I don't really pay much attention to XP, but I don't remember seeing any of those numbers except on 20xPA.

Azraelswrd
06-03-2010, 06:23 PM
You know, I was just thinking that as I unloaded a full bar on Ragnarock. I think he's always been an XP pinata but today, none dropped below 1 XP/stam. It's probably just luck playing tricks with us. As for that 72 XP for 10 stam, that's never happened to me. Definitely sounds like the wrong stam button was used and considering how buggy the new stuff can be (ie. Barbie) it could have used the wrong stamina.

isaluteyou
06-03-2010, 06:34 PM
nope deff a 10 stam hit. Considering i hit 72 then 69 consecutive. I would have noticed if 40 stam disappeared - i dont have that much stam and spread it out between 2 monsters usually so i tend to watch it + i dont have the 20 stam button available and cant be bothered to add the links on. same thing on an alpha. Like i said could be luck. Then again i also hit 3 crits in a row yesterday each for 130k so i dunno might be luck i guess. But hope i get more lucky. I like that stamina to xp ratio:p

If it happens again i will take a snap shot. Also notices ronos is giving awefull returns is that normal. Just starting out with the achievments there.

Azraelswrd
06-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Cronus? Yeah, definitely the worst for XP/stamina ratios. If you don't want to fly up the levels, farm him.

Yuntaek
06-03-2010, 07:46 PM
For some reason, I like using the 10-stam button. Getting 30-40 exp at times and even double that with a helper. I haven't paid attention to the little times I do a 20-stam attack. Do you get around double the exp as a 10-stam attack?

Azraelswrd
06-03-2010, 07:48 PM
I get whatever amount multiplied over a 5 stam PA. So if I do a 20 stam PA, then I get 4x what I usually get from a 5 stam PA. Range is pretty wide but after awhile you start to notice trends.

Tracking XP was never a big deal for me, as I'm more focused on damage (cuz carnage is cooler!!!) but don't be surprised when devs tweak XP output like what they did to dragons, Kiera and Lotus.

isaluteyou
06-03-2010, 08:16 PM
I like to monitor xp as the closer i get to lvl i can descide what to hit to maximize my resources. 10 pa is plenty for now. Hopefully i keep getting high xp though:D

AzerothJr
06-04-2010, 03:54 AM
Actually 72XP is the max you can get from those Azriel and some others from 10PA.
Its still the same as you dished out 5PA where you can at times get 36XP due to double exp.

jamas
06-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Is it theoretically possible to get 4 exp from a 5 PA? Because i thought the dead min was 5 exp? I got that this morning from Mephishtopheles anyway, thought something was up.

Yuntaek
06-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Is it theoretically possible to get 4 exp from a 5 PA? Because i thought the dead min was 5 exp? I got that this morning from Mephishtopheles anyway, thought something was up.

Yep. I wanted to try out some 20-stam attacks today, but the first one netted me like, 9xp, so...

Screw that, haha.

AzerothJr
06-04-2010, 09:33 AM

That is why I say some monster.
If not mistaken Skaar, Lotus, Hydra, Azriel is 4exp minimum.
As far as I know so far only dragon giving minimum 5exp. I might be mistaken.
But when you're using x10PA or X20PA you might see the min is coming from 4.5min.

isaluteyou
06-04-2010, 04:59 PM
i hate getting low xp for high attacks. Like hitting a crit and netting 9 xp:(

However i noticed per ratio i get pretty decent xp on the next gens so im quite happy there. Except cronus seemed to be a bugger. Are there any numbers on monster xp ratio's?

R O Tiree
06-05-2010, 03:52 PM
I've been running an Excel spreadsheet for a few weeks, now, and I think I'm disappointed with the 10X and 20X buttons. There's more work to do to get a representative statistical base on all the monsters, but my initial findings for XP/Stam for an Alpha Bahamut are:

5 X - 2.2857
10X - 2.2676
20X - 2.0554

Given that the devs stated aim was to reduce the load on their servers, they could maybe encourage people to use the high power buttons by nerfing the XP return upwards a bit to make it worthwhile. If people see (or even just "feel") that they're getting less XP in the long run, they'll continue to use the 5X buttons.

I'm into Hydras at the moment, so I'll get some more data points for that sheet and let you know what I find in the next few days :D

isaluteyou
06-05-2010, 04:58 PM
I've been running an Excel spreadsheet for a few weeks, now, and I think I'm disappointed with the 10X and 20X buttons. There's more work to do to get a representative statistical base on all the monsters, but my initial findings for XP/Stam for an Alpha Bahamut are:

5 X - 2.2857
10X - 2.2676
20X - 2.0554

Given that the devs stated aim was to reduce the load on their servers, they could maybe encourage people to use the high power buttons by nerfing the XP return upwards a bit to make it worthwhile. If people see (or even just "feel") that they're getting less XP in the long run, they'll continue to use the 5X buttons.

I'm into Hydras at the moment, so I'll get some more data points for that sheet and let you know what I find in the next few days :D

Please do :) However gotta factor in luck and randomness. The original post was prompted by the insane xp i was getting from my last azriel my current one is still good but nothing like the other:(

Azraelswrd
06-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Right. You also have to aim for getting the same relative sample sizes for each stam bracket (5, 10, 20). That is going to take a few refills. You should also note what each bracket's sample size was, to give us a sense of how significant those values are.

All it takes is 1 or 2 bad 20x to throw the whole average down but if you're doing less attacks than the 5x then the accuracy of the 20x comes into question.

I would be very interested as well in your research. :D We number thumpers must stick together!

R O Tiree
06-06-2010, 01:17 AM
I'm aiming to get >100 in each sample. So far, I've found that somewhere around there means that just the last decimal place gets changed even if I get a 4 followed by a 30+ (and I'm working to 3 decimal places). Should be accurate enough for a ballpark figure.

Doesn't change the fact that luck plays a very large part in this - you can number-crunch 'til the cows come home and a couple of bad hits mean another hour or 2 (or 3) to level up :(

Caissa's DeathAngel
06-06-2010, 01:49 AM
You definitely can get more with the higher stamina buttons, and to me it's more regular than the very low chance of a 40 hit with a Dragon. Few things better in this game than firing off a 50 stamina attack and seeing it critical so you do 400,000 damage with no recoil AND get over 350 experience from it! :D (368 is my record I think, though that's not gospel)

mudunpapat
06-06-2010, 11:01 AM
random ....

at azriel

tried PA 50 with barbarus lv 1( 100 stam ) min 80 exp max 486 exp
PA 50 with barbarus lv 4 ( 150 stam ) min 188 exp max 960 exp

isaluteyou
06-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Right. You also have to aim for getting the same relative sample sizes for each stam bracket (5, 10, 20). That is going to take a few refills. You should also note what each bracket's sample size was, to give us a sense of how significant those values are.

All it takes is 1 or 2 bad 20x to throw the whole average down but if you're doing less attacks than the 5x then the accuracy of the 20x comes into question.

I would be very interested as well in your research. :D We number thumpers must stick together!

Find the average excluding the anomalies either high or low. It wont be perfect but should provide some very interesting data. Guess it would be costly research though or take a good amount of time:p You could also sideline the data and track critical hit ratio as well. That could be interesting as well. as i am unconvinced that slayer makes a diff at all or if it does its negligable as far as i can tell. Could be way off here just my impression i got over a months usuage.