PDA

View Full Version : General advice with 45 fp remaining.

Necrocajun
06-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Ok, so I had 75 fp and I just bought Barbarus. With 45 fp remaining, I want another General, but I'm a bit unsure on who to pick. Of the non-standard generals in my possession: I have chosen Aria, Slayer and Barbarus, won Ophelia in a chest and earned Leon through alchemy. I would have chose Kaiser, but I picked Slayer already. (Damn)

I'm also considering Barbarus' item that bumps criticals up 1% but I don't know yet. Thoughts? (I prefer a general with a usefull ability I don't have already) Thanks for reading. :)

Patrick D
06-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Lyra or Kaylen for duels?
Minerva for +6 extra stamina after leveling up? (+8 with crest)
Scarlett because she's hot and gives you +6% income?

Yamamoto Takeshi
06-03-2010, 04:05 PM
nah....save it and wait for the next monthly general =p

Necrocajun
06-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Scarrlet or Minerva perhaps. (Though I have Leon, who has plus 4 Stam.) No monthly generals that give shop discounts greater than Garlan's 6%, are there?

igtenos
06-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Nope. Until they piss off every master by releasing a side-grade to Darius. :)

I would go with Minerva or Scarlett. Minerva would be nice if you buy the crest too. That's +8 stamina (+16 stat points).

Ahmulag Ra
06-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Scarrlet or Minerva perhaps. (Though I have Leon, who has plus 4 Stam.) No monthly generals that give shop discounts greater than Garlan's 6%, are there?

You need a level 50 apprentice to get Darius - 10% reduction iirc.

Azraelswrd
06-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Lucius is an 8% reduction. A former monthly, now in a chest.

the_hunter
06-03-2010, 08:47 PM
if i were you, i'll choose aria. she adds 10 max energy. really useful for questing n fortifying

06-03-2010, 09:13 PM
lyra or fenris for dueling, personally I prefer lyra but they're pretty much even so it's up to you :)

Michael Rhew
06-03-2010, 10:07 PM
I already have Helena. Is Helena better than Lyra for PvP attack, since her total is 18 + 12, while Lyra is 22 + 6 at level 4? Lyra does not convert units like Helena does, as Helena changes Max Energy for Player Attack, and most of the time I have whatever general I am using for Questing, Monster Hunting or Battling in place at the moment of leveling up, so the loss of Max Energy is hardly noticeable. I have enough FP to purchase another general from the Oracle, and don't want to make a poor choice. I already have Helena, Scarlett, Kaylen, Percival and Barbarus, in addition to the usual list of generals obtained by doing the quests. I gave up on Chest purchases after two or three of them gave me nothing desirable in the way of generals or loot. Should I just wait to see what the next NEW Oracle general will be? (Does the oracle repeat existing generals in a cycle, or come up with new generals every time?)

revdjweb
06-03-2010, 10:12 PM
i bought barbarus' +1 critical helmet - the first time i ever bought gear to go with an fp general. i'm going to be using him ALL of the time vs monsters, may as well make it worthwhile (and a +1 crit rate means a whole lot more to me than +2/+4 attack)

06-03-2010, 10:16 PM
well, if you already have a dueling general you could just hunt some dragons for another 10 fp and then open 3 alpha crates, it's risky but if you get a epic you'll be veeery happy...mephie gives you a 541 army limit, orc king a 5x attack and the stome guardian is the ONLY general in the game that gives extra siege damage... in addition to the epics if you don't have chase then there are a few generals in there that raise your army limit to 521 for invading or, if you don't have a 501 army and you get savannah she'll be a great addition to your army as she adds +15 army members... I consider alpha generals the most useful, the other chests just give you a general with +attack or +defense while alpha gives you some generals that have unique abilities that you can't get anywhere else :)

Draconus
06-03-2010, 10:48 PM
if i were you, i'll choose aria. she adds 10 max energy. really useful for questing n fortifying

Elizabeth Lione is effectively free (purchase with gold only) and combined with her Ring of Life provides a total of +18 to energy. Very handy if getting an energy recharge from the Oracle. Although with her deficit to stamina I'd not care to have her equipped when I was near to leveling.

To the OP, I would suggest Kaylen, depending of course on if you planned to collect generals to any extent. She's a cut rate, better looking version of Malekus without the treasure chest gambling.

Draconus
06-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Agreed with 333. I have Sylvanas and Orc King from Alpha set and have found no cause to be less then pleased by either. Although Orc King could easily make me wish for more stamina and energy both.

Necrocajun
06-04-2010, 05:01 PM
I wound up opting for Barbarus' helm that gives plus 1 critical. I have 25 fp, not to far away from buying the next monthly general. :)

Foehammer
06-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Ok, so I had 75 fp and I just bought Barbarus. With 45 fp remaining, I want another General, but I'm a bit unsure on who to pick. Of the non-standard generals in my possession: I have chosen Aria, Slayer and Barbarus, won Ophelia in a chest and earned Leon through alchemy. I would have chose Kaiser, but I picked Slayer already. (Damn)

I'm also considering Barbarus' item that bumps criticals up 1% but I don't know yet. Thoughts? (I prefer a general with a usefull ability I don't have already) Thanks for reading. :)

With Slayer and Barbarus, you have the basics you need. You'll get two pulls on the Alpha Chest letter for 40... you might consider trying for one of them. You might get two generals. But you'll be pissed if you get two craptastic army units... Yeah, I would go with Scarlett. She'll get you money, and at level 4 is 20/20. Much better than Mercedes.

Foehammer
06-05-2010, 12:57 AM
I wound up opting for Barbarus' helm that gives plus 1 critical. I have 25 fp, not to far away from buying the next monthly general. :)

Nevermind. :D