PDA

View Full Version : "Luck" Factor in Duels and Invasions

Elric of Melniboné
06-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Does anyone know what the approximate spread is, in terms of stat points?

How much of an advantage in total points for attack/defense do you need to eliminate "luck" in a duel or invasion?

For example: Player A decides the chain the living crap out of me for fun and wins 100% on duels. I'm not mad but want to get even. I start raising my defense 30 points and he starts losing 25% of those duels. I raised my defense another 30 points and he was losing 60% of the duels with him initiating the attack.

Another scenario is that you duel another player and win exactly 50% of time. You raise your attack until you win 100% of time. Is there a point where you have a sufficient lead in stats where you finally take the "luck" out of the attack against a given opponent?

I've searched the forums and haven't seen anything on if there is a specific number or percentage assigned to luck in these circumstances. :cool:

Thanks in advance for your ideas everyone!

labalaba
06-02-2010, 08:15 PM
I think you can't quantify luck.. but I'll share you from my own experience..

I have a sparring partner who only have 1 SP diff in att/def,
and we're both balanced hybrid. First started when I was
level 181 and she was level 196, we had 50:50 wins/losses,
that much I can tell luck was going both ways for us.

I started slow-leveling and she continues her own routine.
She beat me 8:2 by the time she reaches 206, so I started to
put more in defense. Today I won 6:4, Im level 189 and she is
208, that 11SP diff between attack and defense is useful.

I'll try to convince her to keep sparring with me, because
she would be out of my bracket soon enough.

Tarim
06-02-2010, 10:18 PM
I guess the luck factor is somewhere between 5-10%
Because there are some close battles, and when I switch to Artanis (+4% invasion strength) some of them still go against me. Don't have Mephy, so I cannot tell if the luck factor is <8%.

Elric of Melniboné
06-02-2010, 10:45 PM
A while back I got into a chain war with someone. He temporarily had the advantage and was able to beat me a 100% on duel and I could only win 60% on my return attack on duel.

I raised my attack from 830 to 868 and defense from 501 to 532 and I was able to win 90% on duel and 100% on invasion with Chase. His win rate on duel dropped to 33%, no longer worth it for a on-going chain war. :-)

I'm not sure how many stat points my opponent gained so it's difficult to see what the spread really was. What made it all the more fun is he set up an attack script so it actually gave me a rare opportunity to view my improvement incrementally. :D

derkaiser
06-02-2010, 10:56 PM
I think luck is like 1% factor... Since if you accidentally hit the wrong person... that person would defenitely chain back. :o