PDA

View Full Version : 2 questons: 1. obsidian stuff 2. bahamutt

trojansandals
06-02-2010, 12:42 AM
1. What are the obsidian stuff really worth? I've got some, and they are expensive, but the swords seem to be very powerful and worth buying. Are they?

2. I'm new to baha mutts. Rotten mutts is all they are, right? So what is this strategy in terms a computer dummy like me can understand? I attacked one as a "warrior" because the posts I've seen say "warriors" are usually needed most, and I really want to be a team player on these. But after doing over 7,000,000 damage, my part looks like a little bity dent, although the mutt is getting finished off. What role should I take to best help a team? On recharge I have 280 energy, 200 stamina, 528 attack, 322 defense, 175 health, and I'm built for invasions more than duels, meaning I don't have super generals, my strongest being that bald guy with 20 defense, Chase, Scourge, and Vanquish, and my invasion power conbsisting of 20 Cronus, and loads of other stuff down to my wekest of valor knights I think, with gladiator strength. I don't know if all this stuff makes me fit into a certain role or not, but I want to help the team when I go into battle.

pockett
06-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Obsidian stuff is used for some quests later down the line. It's perfectly good gear though, if you can afford/want to buy extra.

Bahamuts, it all depends. All roles are needed, but -- it's generally the energy expenditure that is needed most from each role. Mages and rogues have short time windows to use energy, clerics heal, and warriors heal a bit and increase the health bar. Until there's a way to tell who has selected what role in your battle, it's pretty chancy. And yeah, they are tough, especially the alpha Bahamuts.

Azraelswrd
06-02-2010, 04:17 AM
You can tell some of the people just by perusing the battle log and looking at what people are doing. IF it's full of just one person then you're out of luck. Warrior and cleric are the most active with both stamina and energy. Rogue and mages are the least active energetically so if your energy sucks, be them. Just don't be a ghost when it comes time to cripple/deflect.

trojansandals
06-02-2010, 04:28 AM
thnx, pocket and azr for the advice.

Bloogo
06-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Some of the latest monthly general weapons are better, with no drain on CA cash, although potentially the drain your real-life cash.

Scarlett's, Kaiser's & Barbarus main weapons all have a combined ATT+DEF of 28, compared to the Obs swords 23?

I treat myself to a monthly FP treat (plus I regularly scour the offers for something free - viewing a movie preview for 2 FP is always worth it IMHO) & have picked up these weapons, recently.

The trend seems to be upwards, so I'm hoping for a combined ATT+DEF of 29 with next week's generals main weapon.

igtenos
06-03-2010, 04:16 PM
And if you buy obsidian stuff -- purely for questing. Don't buy it for any other reason -- make sure you buy things in 5s to cut down on the expenses.

jdavis6
06-03-2010, 04:40 PM
If your buying obsidian stuff (or the new archangel) for questing the maximum payback time isn't too bad and the drain is peanuts if your close to max property. To calculate the max payback time add up the new equipment needed to open up the quest and divide by the listed minimum payout. That will tell you how many times you need to complete the quest to recoup your initial expenditure. In reality you will tend to get a fair bit more than the minimum payout. Another useful quest metric is to divide the min payout by the energy needed. This gives you min $/ energy unit. Multiply that by 12 and you have the min $/hr that you can earn by doing the quest on regen stamina. When you open up the subquests there is no new gear to buy and most also pay in the ballpark of the mainquest.