PDA

View Full Version : Kaiser or barbarus...????

TheSage
06-01-2010, 11:39 PM
who is the best among the Kaiser or barbarus
in monthly general as a monster killer...???:confused::confused:

themadfarmer
06-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Barbarus just saves you time and nothing else.

Nabbss
06-01-2010, 11:56 PM
IMO i would rather save my favor points and wait for the next general.

About those two, I will choose Barbarus if I do have a lot of Stamina. Kaiser if i don't.

JereRB
06-02-2010, 03:18 AM
Kaiser's your crit machine. Barbarus is a heavy hitter. You use Kaiser on things like Cronus, Lotus, and Keira due to the fact that they just have a single life bar. Barbarus is for monsters like Genesis, Bahamut, and Ragnarok. They have a secondary bar that depletes the more you hit. With Barbarus, you still hit for 3x, but the enemy only damages your group's health bar once. Better trade-off.

igtenos
06-02-2010, 03:31 AM
Crit generals are a shaky argument because, frankly, crits are like the lotto: you're almost guaranteed to lose. I have Lotus and Slayer and from my experience I've gotten more crits from non-crit generals like Chase and Scarlett.

Barbarus is a machine meant for world bosses with a secondary bar. Not getting him is a bad move -- especially if you are a stamina pig. Like JereRB said, you still hit x3 but only damage the secondary bar once. That's why barby and Orc King are so popular.

RAUKO
06-02-2010, 03:33 AM
who is the best among the Kaiser or barbarus
in monthly general as a monster killer...???:confused::confused:
:confused:

Barbarus just saves you time and nothing else.

This is becoming a bit repetitive. There are at least 3 threads from where you could learn. Each one has, like, 10 pages. Full of info. YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE!

Azraelswrd
06-02-2010, 03:57 AM
Yeah, and I've posted the same info in every single one of them. :D

And the real answer? The one that works with the build you have. Don't be a lemming and do what others tell you. Find out for yourself and experiment. With fixed buy links, you can always come back and buy both later.

Psyched
06-02-2010, 07:17 AM
Hmmm I don't like Barbarus because the exp gain is too erratic. One time over 300 exp using 60 stam power attack, two out of three hits. It is possible to get less than 50 exp with 60 stam power attack when the exp you happen to get is 4 (multiplied by 12). Sucks aint it. Kaiser and Slayer give more consistent exp return.

but of course using Barbarus, it is possible to hit over 1 million critical which is SUPER AWESOME!