PDA

View Full Version : Kaiser, Meph, or Malekus?

JereRB
06-01-2010, 01:31 PM
I got the three above generals and these stats:

Level 221

Energy 207
Stamina 364
Attack 587
Defense 53
Life 142
Army 683

Here's my gear:

Weapon: Zarevoks Meat Cleaver [+44atk, +22def]
Off-Hand: Sword of Redemption [+50atk, +30def]
Helmet: Helm of Dragon Power [+30atk, +30def]
Armor: Deathrune Hellplate [+18atk, +27def]
Amulet: Moonfall Amulet [+40atk, +40def]
Spell: Gladiators Strength [+25atk, +12def]
Glove: Death Touch Gauntlet [+12atk, +12def]

64 generals

I know, with my defense, I've pretty much shoe-horned myself into pvm. However, I'm wanting to get at least enough BP to make High General for the Archangels.

Given that, here's what I'm thinking:

PvM: Kaiser or Orc King, depending on whether a life bar is a factor
PvP, invade: Mephisto
PvP, duel: Malekus

So here's the actual question:

I don't know who would be better for the PvP part: meph or malekus. Is an extra 20 soldiers more effective than an extra 28 attack? Or am I better off just invading with mephisto every chance I get?

any imput would be appreciated.

Azraelswrd
06-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Stick to the original plan. Mephy on invasion and Malekus on duel. Why would your defense preclude you from monsters? You can still pound on cronus, dragons, lotus, kiera, sylvanas, mephy, or be a rogue/mage vs Bahamuts/Azriel since they barely EVER use their energy and when they do it's in an 8 hr window.

JereRB
06-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Not my defense. Theirs. Use kaiser against keira, cronus and other bosses that don't have a second energy bar. But, like say with Bahamut where he hits the party back each time he's hit, or skarr who has an energy shield that regenerates each time it gets hit, switch to Orc King to minimize the backlash. Same thing with the serpents, genesis, ragnarok, and such.

But hey, thanks for the advice.

Azraelswrd
06-01-2010, 04:56 PM
I know, with my defense, I've pretty much shoe-horned myself into pvp.

This is what I did not understand. Even people with 1 defense can still do PVM.

JereRB
06-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Ooops. I think I need to edit.

Done.

Meant pvm. Pvp actually needs some defense.

London Way
06-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Stick to the original plan. Mephy on invasion and Malekus on duel. .......

For invasion, with Malekus's +28 * 501 = 14,028.
That would mean Mephy's extra 40 need to exceed this total (@ 350.7 per bottom end soldier, which is one heck of a bottom end unit)

Or do Malekus's +28 attack stat not carry over to the army multiplier...?

Azraelswrd
06-06-2010, 01:52 AM
It should but there's a lot of guessing when it comes to how effective having 40 more peons are compared to attack stat increases. I've never heard of a conclusive determination.

Draconus
06-06-2010, 02:22 AM
Stick to the original plan. Mephy on invasion and Malekus on duel. Why would your defense preclude you from monsters? You can still pound on cronus, dragons, lotus, kiera, sylvanas, mephy, or be a rogue/mage vs Bahamuts/Azriel since they barely EVER use their energy and when they do it's in an 8 hr window.

True, Mages and Rogues have that window of opportunity they must hit in order to make use of energy. But from what I am seeing it seems to be a guess as to which window will open next, or at all. I've seen battles that listed having had the Rogues cripple 2, 3, even 4 times in a row and been in battles that practically never had the cripple window open at all and the Mages were trying to Deflect all but constantly. Either way, the Defense stat affects the results gained in Crippling or Deflecting. One friend reports that having a Defense stat of right at 400, and 400 Energy, she can all but complete the Cripple or Deflect bar solo for a full energy run.

You don't absolutely have to have any points added to defense to make use of energy in PvM. But having points in defense gives you much better results for the effort involved. The same applies to PvP, nothing says that having any points added to defense is required. But doing so means you will see many more defensive wins, which means holding onto those much coveted battle points is much easier to do.

Draconus
06-06-2010, 02:32 AM
In order for the player to benefit from Meph's added army size bonus, said player must have the actual army size to make use of. To gain any benefit from Malekus' ability, the player needs to actively collect Generals. Such requirements make it difficult at best to determine which would be best at any given time.

Azraelswrd
06-06-2010, 02:35 AM
To complete a cripple/deflect bar with my 800+ defense it takes me just over 100 stamina.

London Way
06-06-2010, 01:14 PM
In order for the player to benefit from Meph's added army size bonus, said player must have the actual army size to make use of. To gain any benefit from Malekus' ability, the player needs to actively collect Generals. Such requirements make it difficult at best to determine which would be best at any given time.

In this case, JereRB is stating he / she has an army of 683, and 64 generals in the keep.

Draconus
06-06-2010, 07:32 PM
In this case, JereRB is stating he / she has an army of 683, and 64 generals in the keep.

Figuring a total attack (before adding General) of 200. It then tallies to the following.

Meph = 200 X 501 (100,200) + 200 X 40 (8,000) for a total invasion of 108,200.

Versus

Mal = 200 X 501 (100,200) + 28 X 501 (14,028) for a total invasion of 114,228.

Malekus comes out ahead in this case by 6,028. So that a difference in the equipment and troops used could swing the battle in either direction when including the Luck or random factor. In this case, Malekus wins out as best bet for Dueling or Invasion.

Foehammer
06-07-2010, 04:07 PM
To complete a cripple/deflect bar with my 800+ defense it takes me just over 100 stamina.

You mean energy? :p