PDA

View Full Version : Level vs Battle Rank

MichaelSeth
05-31-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm interested in achieving the highest rank that I can but I don't want to find that I've overreached myself and I'm constantly attacked as the
best source of BP in town.

Approximately what level should I aim for when achieving each new tier

ie, Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant General
Baron
Prince
High King

Obviously stats will make a big difference here. What kind of levels would a
hybrid (BSI 3-6) be looking at? What about a more pure PVP build (BSI 6+)?

Would I change tack as I approach level 300?

JimmyM
05-31-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm only a little over level 200 with a BSI slightly over 5 (like 5.2 or something), and I had pretty minimal difficulty getting to Prince.

I also hid, bookmarked and chained mercilessly, though. If you're one of the people who considers these "cheating," you may want to stack your BSI more heavily.

MichaelSeth
05-31-2010, 09:32 PM
OK, if chaining, bookmarking and hiding can have an influence, I
personally am happy to chain. I chain you, you chain me, everybody
gets lots of BP.
I don't want to bookmark but I
guess it will depend how often I see somebody worth hitting.
Have not needed it so far. I don't plan on hiding.

Alper
05-31-2010, 09:54 PM
i bookmarked too. had over 200 players with high general and higher ranks. thats the only way (in combination with high stamina) to jump ranks very fast. after reaching high king it bothers you not much if some ppl are chaining you, unless you forget to save enough gold for the kings crowns :)

revdjweb
06-01-2010, 01:39 AM
the simplest thing to do is just farm your 50 daily demipoints and gradually move up. otherwise i would always try to move up to the middle rank of each tier (earl, king, etc.) for the extra sps. i would then decide only to move up to the third rank if i had the income to take advantage of the pvp gear it offered.

Kage Cow
06-01-2010, 02:01 AM
At my current level I could easily beat down most Barons, Earls and Dukes. I also do not get that much attention from other players. I hide but not on a daily basis anymore. I forget to hide sometimes and I still get one or two losses. One or two pertains to people who manage to chain me. lols :D

Major
06-01-2010, 04:12 AM
I'm interested in achieving the highest rank that I can but I don't want to find that I've overreached myself and I'm constantly attacked as the
best source of BP in town.

Approximately what level should I aim for when achieving each new tier

ie, Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant General
Baron
Prince
High King

Obviously stats will make a big difference here. What kind of levels would a
hybrid (BSI 3-6) be looking at? What about a more pure PVP build (BSI 6+)?

Would I change tack as I approach level 300?

""It's difficult to change strategy above level 80. Because it takes TIME alot of TIME.""

Guide is: If you cant protect it, dont get it. ... Obtaining a battle rank is easy, defending it is difficult.

For example, last time I battled was during the Arena (i dont usually battle because i find it boring). I was a Baron at the time. Last week I noticed I made Earl. Not only had I made Earl I was a good 300+ points above the Earl entry point.

So, if you have the Income and the Equipment to defend a rank, go for it. If you dont, dont achieve the rank unless your a wuss (ie a hider because you cant defend yourself) .

Frank Cadena
06-01-2010, 09:14 AM
If you are around level 250+, Princes and above become good source of points. I find that level 250+, Barons, Earls and Dukes are easy to find so if you are level 250+, it's not over-reaching at all. If you get hidden (meaning people chain you, win/lose you lose HP, till you are weak) and you bookmark, being a Duke with a BSI of 4 is possible. If you don't bookmark, then 5+ is advisable.

Lok
06-01-2010, 10:20 AM
An alternative is to hit the first rank in a tier and stop. Once you cross that line you can't drop below it. (This also allows you to continue to purchase the equipment offered for the ranks below you.)

Fitzy Boy
06-01-2010, 11:39 AM
If you take your time moving up the ranks then you shouldn't have any trouble finding the right level. When you get promoted wait a few days and see what happens. If you are losing a lot of BPs then sit still and beef up until you get players bouncing off you then move on up.

I am assuming that you don't want to hide, but if you don't mind employing this stratgey then it doesn't matter so much if you over reach yourself.