PDA

View Full Version : Now at 501...keep going??

alnitak
05-31-2010, 06:21 PM
So, now that I've gotten my army to 501+ is there any reason to keep adding people? I can think of a couple, like to replace people if you drop them for some reason, or to see if you can get better gift creatures when more join. But, is there any game reason to continue building an army? I know I see people with 1000, 2000 or even more in their army. Is there any need (like for Arena -- never played so don't know)? Does it give you better defensive stats or help in monsters?

Smackadummy
05-31-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm not sure about the arena, but having any army of 200 helps against Ragnarok. There are also several generals that increase the max army size. Chase, which you can get from Battle Hearts, increases your max army size by 20. Mephistoles, an epic general from the Alpha Chest, increases your max army size by 40. I think there are two others, but I'm too lazy to find them. Also, having a larger army means your elite guard can get filled faster, you might get more gifts, CTAs (Call to Arms) works better.

Yuntaek
05-31-2010, 06:45 PM
I think you also get help more often when you attack. i.e. "____ helped you gain more gold/exp."

ladyspiderdust
05-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Several reasons why you should keep adding people beyond 501.

Firstly if you get Artanis, Chase or Mephistophles....they give you 521 and 541 max soldiers to play with.

Another good reason is for Elite Guard - the more army you have the more chance you have of getting a full guard when you need it.

More CTAs for monsters - there will always be a monster to join or people to come and help with yours.

More gifts - the more people you have the more chance you have of getting gifts to trade with Kobo.

If you are getting trouble there is a chance someone in your army will be of a high enough level to help.

I have around 1500 army and will happily keep on adding new ones. That way if some of my army decide they no longer want to play I have someone ready to take their place

ladyspiderdust
05-31-2010, 09:10 PM
...as for the Arena angle I think I can clear this up.

For the first day or so on the Arena it showed how many people were in your opponents army so everyone assumed that they were taking on the full compliment. However this was not the case and it still depended on your general in charge as to whether or not you had 501, 521 or 541. No more than these were ever used.

This was then changed to look the same as it would in the battle page showing 501 for anyone with more to avoid the confusion.