PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Generals

Temagori
05-28-2010, 02:54 PM
I've peered through the forums and did not notice this discussed so forgive me if I have overlooked it, but does it matter whether or not you max out all of your generals to Level 4 or not? I mean, does it have any effect on your bout's with people in PvP aside from the main one you have equiped?

For example, if I have 25 generals all at Level 4 and attack someone with equal stats and amount of generals/army members, but a few generals NOT at Level 4 do I have an advantage due to mine being leveled even tho they are not the one equipped? If not I'll stop leveling the useless ones/ones I'm not going to use for anything other than another general slot.

I realize the benefit of leveling the ones that are actually useful i.e. Vanquish and Celeste, but some of these generals, like Percival, seem like a waste of resources if there is no benefit if they are not equipped.

King Hrothbeort
05-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Not everyone agrees on this subject. But I'm convinced from my experience that leveling all generals makes a noticeable difference when you're fighting someone who's overall skill is very close to your own.

Sloth Demon
05-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Not everyone agrees on this subject. But I'm convinced from my experience that leveling all generals makes a noticeable difference when you're fighting someone who's overall skill is very close to your own.

Might be worng but in invasions i`ve heard (not tested myself as i`m too lazy) they come all as lvl 1`s even if they`re lvl 4...thing is, in time, due to questing u`ll get them all to lvl 4 eventually..and if u got lucky and got chest generals, well, u`ll know whom deserves to be levelled

Xanofar
05-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Might be worng but in invasions i`ve heard (not tested myself as i`m too lazy) they come all as lvl 1`s even if they`re lvl 4...thing is, in time, due to questing u`ll get them all to lvl 4 eventually..and if u got lucky and got chest generals, well, u`ll know whom deserves to be levelled

Not any 'extra' generals and probably not Sophia.

Sloth Demon
05-28-2010, 10:25 PM

Tend to forget that it`s not implied :p

Caissa's DeathAngel
05-29-2010, 12:17 AM

Actually given that Sophia gives you +8 energy when fully levelled and with her battle garb - and that's with no convert - she's superb for when you're just about to level!

King Hrothbeort
05-29-2010, 02:46 AM

In the battle list they are listed in order of their level 1 stats. This does not mean that they necessarily fight using their level 1 stats, I believe that they fight using the stats of their currents levels.

Draconus
05-29-2010, 06:10 AM
I agree with the good King H. It costs nothing to get the extras leveled up, and it's not like there aren't enough sub quests to use them on and get them leveled. If the added points for the levels apply, then every point counts and could well be the point needed to win that battle. And if the leveling points don't count, so what? It hurts nothing to get them to level 4 anyway.

Caissa's DeathAngel
05-29-2010, 04:35 PM
I agree with the good King H. It costs nothing to get the extras leveled up, and it's not like there aren't enough sub quests to use them on and get them leveled. If the added points for the levels apply, then every point counts and could well be the point needed to win that battle. And if the leveling points don't count, so what? It hurts nothing to get them to level 4 anyway.

Agree with that, but don't use anyone other than Sano for subquests! You'll miss out on his 5% bonus influence. Use battling for levelling heroes!

Draconus
05-30-2010, 05:02 AM
Agree with that, but don't use anyone other than Sano for subquests! You'll miss out on his 5% bonus influence. Use battling for levelling heroes!

Sano works well on sub quests for the demi quests, usually allowing you to complete the quest using one less click. But on the normal sub quests you'll have a difficult time telling any improvement for his 5%. By the same token, all of those sub quests are entirely too handy in my book for leveling those generals that have no quest associated with them.

Temagori
06-01-2010, 04:43 PM
I just bought Kaiser and when I get home and have the ability to log on I'll get Darius from my Apprentice, but aside from Darius all of my Generals are at Level 4 now. I just figured that if it's useless I almost feel cheated since I'd only really use the general the quests ask for or on subquests using Sano. I just used the other generals when battling the lower tier monsters until they leveled to 4 and swapped until they were all level 4. I just wish it was more clear-cut as to whether it really helped at all. It would be nice to know that it was beneficial and not just something to do. In the end all of mine will be Level 4 anyhow cuz it would stick out like a sore thumb now if I added any generals and didn't level them to max lol.

Azraelswrd
06-01-2010, 04:46 PM
I just level them all up. It really is just something to do but then again, that's what all FB games are -- time killers.

Temagori
06-01-2010, 04:49 PM
That's very true lol. Just one of those things when trying to min/max everything... a habit I've unfortunately obtained from playing MMO's like FFXI and WoW lol.

IFightDragonz
06-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Wow, super helpful considering I've been confused about all of this as well...

So to be clear it may make a difference after all in PvP if your generals are not maxed out against someones who are? I always max out my most important ones but it takes so long I left the "useless" ones at lvl 1.... maybe that was a mistake. :eek:

Azraelswrd
06-01-2010, 05:35 PM
THose useless ones are pretty fast to level. It's the more useful epics that feel like forever. The only one that took forever but was not worth the trouble was Cartigan. :mad:

IFightDragonz
06-01-2010, 05:54 PM
THose useless ones are pretty fast to level. It's the more useful epics that feel like forever. The only one that took forever but was not worth the trouble was Cartigan. :mad:
Ahh...yeah I noticed the low ones were leveling really fast. I just got Vanquish to lvl 4 though and that took FOREVER, working on Dante now. I see people are debating between questing vs battling to level generals - is there a proven method that's faster? (besides the subquests being slightly faster?) It seems to me that a combination of battling and questing would level a general faster but it's only a theory...

Azraelswrd
06-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Quests and monsters are the fastest ways to level them up. PVP is the worst option. You can usually gauge level rate by how much a general costs in relation to their ability. So Vanquish will take some time but still not as much as Mephistopheles. Meanwhile, Penelope will shoot up like a rocket just by giving her a cheap compliment. :D

icollyer
06-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Ahh...yeah I noticed the low ones were leveling really fast. I just got Vanquish to lvl 4 though and that took FOREVER, working on Dante now. I see people are debating between questing vs battling to level generals - is there a proven method that's faster? (besides the subquests being slightly faster?) It seems to me that a combination of battling and questing would level a general faster but it's only a theory...

Generals level based on energy/stamina used, all stamina use has the same effect per point, energy use is more efficient when questing than fortifying.

Generals' xp gain is not affected by the amount of xp you gain from an action.