PDA

View Full Version : Flaw in the game toward new players.

chipbourg
05-28-2010, 02:39 AM
There is a major problem with the new monsters, Alpha Volcano Dragon and Azerial. The lower level people can't do enough damage to get any rewards. I put my appentice Ashley on one my group was doing, she was excited and really into it and we killed it. Then we went to collect rewards and she got nothing. She did 766,000+ damage and got stiffed. This was all the damage she could do. It is wrong to hold the level 1-50 responsible for the same damage as higher level people. We need the lower level people to get certian rewards in the game but then we shaft them in the rewards. Not to mention that if this happens they may quit the game. We need the lower levels, we need to remedy this. To the owners of the game you need to be fair to your future customers, how many will you lose to this injustice.:mad:

Uvatha
05-28-2010, 02:59 AM
Taking your apprentice who's just starting out into a huge battle like that is exactly the same as taking a 6th grade gymnast and expecting her to compete in the Olympics. There are are more than enough low level monsters and bosses to fight before you take on Alpha Bahamut and Azriel. Plus she has all those other monster achievements she can earn. Work on the small stuff first. Walk before you run.

Gethsemenerose
05-28-2010, 05:09 AM
Uvatha ... THEN WHY are there SLOTS for level 1-50 and WHY is the CRYSTAL drop for levels above that TIED to the work of the lower levels???

The Devs have SAID that the Alpha needs lower levels to play it if the HIGHER levels want the crystal BUT the lower levels get no reward...

and taking a 6yr old to the Olympics is an AWESOME way to get them motivated for the next 9 years of training they will need to compeat at that olympic level... especially if s/he can do it with the safe support of a knowledgable adult to hold her hand... but if you end the trip to the olympics by taking away all the souveniers she purchased she is liable to be dissillusioned...

igtenos
05-28-2010, 05:25 AM
You misread the comparison. "Taking your apprentice who's just starting out into a huge battle like that is exactly the same as taking a 6th grade gymnast and expecting her to compete in the Olympics".

Lowbies have no place in alpha and azriel fights. They should be poking at dragons and cronuses. They should remove the 1-100 level ranges from these fights. They do more damage than good half the time.

Uvatha
05-28-2010, 05:30 AM
I ment take her to compete not watch. And that's what those low level slots are there for. A nice seat in the bleachers to watch the big boys play. If they excluded these battles from low level players there'd be more complaints about them not getting in at all. This way the low levels can compete too, but it doesn't do them much good.

Gethsemenerose
05-28-2010, 05:36 AM
I didn't missread it I just chose to use my own comparision... as far as 6th graders at the olympics apparently you didn't read about the Chinese WINNING the olympics in China with 14 year old (that is only 7th or 8th grade)

The New York Times first looked into the age of China's gymnasts with a story on July 27 that focused primarily on He Kexin, whose birthdate on numerous online records was listed as January 1, 1994, making her 14 when the Games began and ineligible to compete.

When the world was officially introduced to He Kexin this week, even those unwise to the ways of competitive gymnastics could tell that with He, something was not right. At 4-foot 8-inches tall and weighing 72 pounds, the Beijing native appears significantly younger than most of her Chinese teammates much less her American and European counterparts.

The world's foremost expert on female gymnastics Bela Karolyi has routinely referred to the 2008 Chinese team as "half people" and in his contributions to NBC as a commentator during the Games he has railed against the Chinese for engaging in age falsification. After China outscored the U.S. in the qualification round, Karolyi had this to say about the Chinese gymnastics officials:

These people think we are stupid...We are in the business of gymnastics. We know what a kid of 14 or 15 or 16 looks like. What kind of slap in the face is this? They are 12, 14 years old and they get lined up and the government backs them and the federation runs away. There is an age limit and it can't be controlled.
Chinese Olympic officials have forcefully defended He's eligibility, maintaining that when asked, they submitted proper passport documentation to the IOC. He's passport says her date of birth is January 1, 1992, making her 16 and old enough to compete. However, as Karoyli told the AP, "passports mean nothing."

China has a rich history of age falsification in Olympics competition, especially in gymnastics. At the 2000 Sydney Olympics, three years after the minimum age was raised to 16 in gymnastics, Chinese gymnast Yang Yun competed and won a bronze medal in the uneven bars (coincidentally this event is also He's specialty). Yang's passport said she was born on December 24, 1984 and turning 16 in the year of the Games, making her eligible. She later confessed in a television interview that she was only 14 at the time of the competition and that she and her coaches had lied about her age.

As in the case of Yang Yun, the existing records prior to the Olympics -- local registries, athletic records and news articles -- were all correct, whereas the documentation she showed Olympic officials to confirm her eligibility proved to be false. It is no coincidence that He Kexin's passport was issued on February 14, 2008, a mere 6 months before the Olympics.

What did the IOC have to say about the scandal? President Jacques Rogge said, "The IOC relies on the international federations, who are exclusively responsible for the eligibility of athletes. It's not the task of the IOC to check every one of the 10,000 athletes." Not every one Jacques, but maybe just the ones who look like they're ten.

also here is a link to an article of when they STRIPPED the medal from the 14 year old http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/34320/ (ok it was ONLY a bronze but that is PRETTY COMPETATIVE for a 7th grader)

Uvatha
05-28-2010, 05:51 AM
So, since we're off topic already, I've got a question about this thread. Why is it posted in the forum like 6 times?

chipbourg
05-28-2010, 07:23 AM
I wanted more people to read it and maybe the admins can fix what I feel is a problem of balance, and potenially damaging to the game. It may merely be my opinion, qualified or not.

Uvatha
05-28-2010, 07:31 AM
I know you've only got 9 posts under your belt, half of which are this post, but that's not how you get your point across to devs or other players. I'm sure the mods don't appreciate you spamming the forum.

BennyC88
05-28-2010, 07:53 AM
No one will appreciate this one post spamming this joint.
You're wasting you're time bud

Jaraxxis
05-28-2010, 08:15 AM
This thread has been closed since its spammed in several forums.
To further discuss this issue please use the thread in the general forums.
http://castleageforums.com/cforum/showthread.php?p=1112895