PDA

View Full Version : What is the point of Orc King/Barbarus?

TheAquarian
05-26-2010, 03:34 PM
I was a bit confused when I first read orc king's description but the confusion has returned with the new genreal... why is a power attack that does 3x more damage, but also cost you three times more stamina good?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it seems like all these generals save you is the terrible effort of clicking "attack" a couple times. Seems like you'd get more bang for your buck with a different general with a different general that actually gives you something that you didn't have access before like +attack, stamina, whatever.

Barnie
05-26-2010, 03:46 PM
1 - For conveniece.
2 - You get 3x/5x attack but don't get 3x/5x retaliation vs. 2-bar monsters.
3 - If you score a crit, that would be like criting 3/5 times in a row.
4 - If you score a high experience, that would be like scoring high experience 3/5 times in a row.
5 - See http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showpost.php?p=1105444&postcount=182

Azraelswrd
05-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Saves time on clicking
Less retaliation damage (monsters only hit back once)
When they get a critical, it's like getting a string of criticals

tanto89
05-26-2010, 03:57 PM
agree with 2 people above me

and
you might want to see this..
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs314.snc3/28349_123630624321411_100000234228812_247611_62961 85_n.jpg

that's how good it is (this is orc king, 5x, not barbarus which is 3x)

Master Q
05-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong: the 20 stamina power attack recently introduced done with a non-orc/barbarus general equals an old orc king 5x4 hit? (Of course I know that 20->80 now, just to figure out some mechanic)

epyslone
05-26-2010, 04:06 PM
3 - If you score a crit, that would be like criting 3/5 times in a row.
4 - If you score a high experience, that would be like scoring high experience 3/5 times in a row.

When they get a critical, it's like getting a string of criticals

That shouldnt count though, since youll have less chances to have criticals/great exp too (more stamina/energy used = less attacks remained)
In fact, you have MORE chances to have them with a normal attack/defence, but it wont be as big as it would be with the Orc or Barbarus

Barnie
05-26-2010, 04:15 PM
That shouldnt count though, since youll have less chances to have criticals/great exp too (more stamina/energy used = less attacks remained)
In fact, you have MORE chances to have them with a normal attack/defence, but it wont be as big as it would be with the Orc or Barbarus

I don't think that way. More chances yeah, but that's what they are: chances. It's possible that I can run my whole stam and not score a single crit for regular PA. For me, I'd take my chance at scoring bundle crits than singular PA crits. Same goes for EXP.

I like to bet big. :cool:

Azraelswrd
05-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Exactly. Getting even 1 crit with OK can equal 5 crits in a row. Compare that with another general and with the same 5 attacks, my chances of getting 5 in a row are monstrously small --- TINY!

1 Crit chance for OK = 0.X
5 crits in a row for anyone = 0.X*0.X*0.X*0.X*0.X = a really really really really small number

Azraelswrd
05-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Exactly. Getting even 1 crit with OK can equal 5 crits in a row. Compare that with another general and with the same 5 attacks, my chances of getting 5 in a row are monstrously small --- TINY!

1 Crit chance for OK = 0.X
5 crits in a row for anyone = 0.X*0.X*0.X*0.X*0.X = a really really really really small number

temu
05-26-2010, 04:27 PM
the one key game advantage is for monster hunting vs things with the blue bar in addition to monster health. Each attack might be the same dmg as 3-5 normal power attacks.. but the return dmg from the monster is the same as a single attack. So the blue bar doesn't get affected as quick causing you to do "bonus" dmg longer and makes it easier to return the blue bar to it's optimal length. If you don't care about the bar or care about others that do... the generals are really of no real use, unless you just don't want to hit the attack button as often. I bought him the second i saw him since my luck with chests have been TERRIBLE... bought 3 chests 4 times so far.. and not even a single uncommon item.

Chepmaster
05-26-2010, 04:35 PM
you all seem to be smart so it comes as a surprise to me when you talk nonsence like orc king is better for criticals or exp gain-simple 4th grade maths will tell you that the chances are absolutely the same on avarage and it ABSOLUTELY and ONLY depends on luck and nothing else-you can have a good streak and then again you can have a bad one.The only advantage seems to be less retaliation from the monster with 2nd bar but wait-there's a disadvantage that nobody speaks of because few people know about it-Monsters like Dragons and Serpents are stamina not damage based and you will receive poor loot for the same damage done with orc king rather than with a regular general.THIS IS TESTED AND PROVEN TRUE so save your speculations-it's tested by a lot of people and the conclusions were the same.So use orc king on 2nd bar monsters and NEVER on dragons-on hydras for example there is no difference and no advantage exept maybe if you have 2000 stamina and you're in a great hurry :D

Azraelswrd
05-26-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm not saying OK is better for crits. His chances are the same as any other non-crit general. What I am saying is that when he does crit, it is akin to getting X number of crits in a row.

This is just a bonus. I would not rely upon this since crits are few and far between. However, I will not ignore this potential advantage either. For consistency, counterattack reduction and less clicking. For the gravy, criticals.

ko447
05-26-2010, 06:08 PM
there's a disadvantage that nobody speaks of because few people know about it-Monsters like Dragons and Serpents are stamina not damage based and you will receive poor loot for the same damage done with orc king rather than with a regular general.

Hmm... interesting! Can someone pls explain what does it mean by stamina based? Does it mean using 1 stamina to attack Dragons and Serpents is the BEST approach to get good loot??

I actually wanted to buy Barbarus to fight Serpents... pls enlighten me.

TheAquarian
05-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Hmm... interesting! Can someone pls explain what does it mean by stamina based? Does it mean using 1 stamina to attack Dragons and Serpents is the BEST approach to get good loot??

I actually wanted to buy Barbarus to fight Serpents... pls enlighten me.

Interesting, I didn't know that it was stamina based, but it explains a lot.

When he says "Stamina Based" I believe that he means that your loot is dependent on how many attacks you drop on a mob, as opposed to how much damage you do.

ko447
05-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Doesn't that mean using '1 stamina' attacks on such monsters yield the best loots since that equates to more attacks.

Counter-intuitive to the fact that Serpents attack back for each attack you make.

icollyer
05-26-2010, 06:30 PM
I'd agree that loot seems to be stamina/energy rather than damage/healing based. The more stamina/energy you use on a monster, the better loot you'll get.

However, this is absolutely not a reason to avoid OK/Barbarus as they still use they same amount of stamina/energy, it just takes less clicks to do it.

The main reason I believe that loot is stamina/energy based is that I generally aim for a target amount of damage on monsters, if I achieve that with some crits, using less stamina, then I seem to get worse/less loot.

TheAquarian
05-26-2010, 06:37 PM
After reading what everyone has said so far, it sounds like it ultimately comes down to this (correct me if I'm wrong):

The Neutral

Larger total damage on crits when they happen so that each one is like 5x or 3x crits in a row, but on the other hand if you do a crap hit you also have 3x, 5x whatever crappy hits in a row. The percentage of crits to clicks is the same regardless of whether using one of these special generals or a normal one.

The Good

- Fewer total clicks to blow through your stamina (saves time)

- If you are in a situation where you will level in one or two normal clicks, but have 15-25 stamina that don't want to waste you can use this general to do more damage before you level.

- Mobs with blue bars will fall slower, because the bar drops each click.

- On mobs that cause Crits when they are about to die, you can almost guarantee yourself a decent damage boost if you are the last clicker.

The Bad

- Crappier loot on mobs that assign loot based on the total number of clicks as opposed to total damage done

- Fewer demi point (and similar) rewards per total stamina invested in a mob since these are are awarded per click, and do not increase when you drop more stam on a single hit.

Speculation Deathrune Seige

In Deathrune Seige you can do Invade or Duel x5.

Would these generals more or less guarantee your winning duels (assuming you have at least average gear) since you'll be doing 2-5x more damage per click?

What about 5xInvasions? I'm not sure if damage is handled in the same way.

Does your duel/invasion count go up 1 per power duel or invasion, or 5x?

What about with these gens?

In my personal game play practice, the only distinctly useful aspect of these generals I can see is having a means to use up more stamina that I would not otherwise be able to upon leveling. If you do 2-5x more damage in Deathrune Seige duels then they become significantly more useful.

I am pretty good about fortifying when I hunt monsters, so i don't care so much about the blue bar.

Azraelswrd
05-26-2010, 06:39 PM
They have no effect in raids, iirc. Only monster power attacks/fortifies. Raids are considered "PVP".

JamesX
05-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Like others have said, the only advantage of those generals is less retaliation damage and less carpal tunnel damage.

Those who says they are actually less damage is correct. Since they do less % critical hit. When you look at things with % you have to look at large samples and not just 1 or 2 lucky hits.

Azraelswrd
05-26-2010, 06:41 PM
They have the same crit % but fewer opportunities. It all comes down to your stamina/energy size. This is why I only recommend OK for people with high pool reserves. Anything small is a waste.

TheAquarian
05-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Doesn't that mean using '1 stamina' attacks on such monsters yield the best loots since that equates to more attacks.

Counter-intuitive to the fact that Serpents attack back for each attack you make.

The logic in your example actually makes sense. You take more damage, but you are better rewarded for your pains in the end assuming you don't sink your ship. Granted, you are the only one that gets better loot if i understand the original poster correctly, but oh well.

MichaelSeth
05-26-2010, 06:42 PM
To me, the reduction in retaliation from monsters is a huge
advantage and is the reason that I bought Barbarus immediately.
With the newer monsters it has become more difficult and more
important to keep the defence bar up. The damage you so to
Bahamut when the bar is big is about double what you do when the bar is small. So, if everyone equipped a level three Barabarus when
attacking Bahamut the cost in energy to the cleric/fighters is
reduced to about a third and it's likely that the stamina cost
for the attackers is reduced significantly too. Costs reduced,
monster killed faster, fewer failed monster kills. Sounds good
to me.

Azraelswrd
05-26-2010, 06:43 PM
I'd like to see the evidence on "better loot". If it means the difference between one more rare or an extra rune axe, it's not worth griefing the entire operation. People get chained for something like that.

ko447
One more advantage: If everyone uses OK or Barbarus, maybe Castleage will have less load on its server and that would mean less loading issues... :D

niamh O'Toole

Using 1 stamina attack on serpents is the BEST approach to getting yourself chained with a barbed wire for a week, especially if I spot you at it :rolleyes:

TheAquarian
05-26-2010, 06:45 PM
They have no effect in raids, iirc. Only monster power attacks/fortifies. Raids are considered "PVP".

Ahh OK. Is this proven, or is this just assuming because raids are PVP?

Azraelswrd
05-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Using 1 stamina attack on serpents is the BEST approach to getting yourself chained with a barbed wire for a week, especially if I spot you at it :rolleyes:

I rest my case... keep in mind serpents do MASSIVE retaliation damage. The devs never nerfed their damage. Orcs yes. Serpents no. So doing 1 stam can do 10 to 20K dmg back to the boat if you're real lucky.

Don't be on my ship if you do that. :mad:

It's been awhile, but I recall people trying to use OK to power their way through raids to no avail. Remember the buttons are invade/duel 1stam or 5stam, no power attacks.

ko447
05-26-2010, 06:47 PM

LOL. Guess someone caught my humour.

Udaro
05-26-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm not saying OK is better for crits. His chances are the same as any other non-crit general. What I am saying is that when he does crit, it is akin to getting X number of crits in a row.

This is just a bonus. I would not rely upon this since crits are few and far between. However, I will not ignore this potential advantage either. For consistency, counterattack reduction and less clicking. For the gravy, criticals.

Orc Kings crits are most certainly bigger but what chepmaster was trying to say is mathematically speaking the average damage done will be the same as a normal general.

Say you are a stam junkie have 500 stam to spend. You can PowerAttack 100 times normally or use Orc King to 25-stam power attack 20 times. since the crit chance is the same for both (ill just say 10 percent for simplicity):

You will on average get 10 normal crits (10 percent of 100) or 2 orc king crits (10 percent of 20)

Therefore the advantage of having crits 5 times bigger is offset by the fact you get 5 times less of them on average. So same average damage.

So the advantages of orc king are convenience, uber screen shots, less retaliation on 2-bar fights and, like barnie mentioned, the ability to use up a lot of stored stam if you are close to leveling and give yourself a head start on the next level.

If you want more average damage use a +crit or +attack general.

niamh O'Toole
05-26-2010, 06:48 PM
I'd like to see the evidence on "better loot". If it means the difference between one more rare or an extra rune axe, it's not worth griefing the entire operation. People get chained for something like that.
There's no evidence for any of it whatsoever. I know someone with 1000 attack, level 21x and the OK who just got all 5 heads on a Cronus for 500k, for the second time in a row.

The monthly flavour is you get better loot if you don't fire siege weapons, so us sensible people are stuck for a whole week on a crummy Cronus or Legion waiting for the thing to finally expire, while everyone goes on arthritically at it 5 orcs at a time.
Drives me up the wall.

TheAquarian
05-26-2010, 06:53 PM

I personally don't care if someone does that as long as they fix what they break.

I have done it myself when i was trying to get my demi points up before I'd capped Aurora and Azeron. That said, I always dropped all my energy into the fights as well.

Azraelswrd
05-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Most people who 1 stam monsters don't use their energy. I can only assume they either have no energy or are using it on quests for skill points. In any event, people who hack and never heal are always a big pustule on the buttocks of any hunt.

TheAquarian
05-26-2010, 07:01 PM
One More advantage

In monster fights where you do less damage if your party health is lower, you get to do a really big hit at the higher damage rate, before your health drops due to retaliation.

Suppose that could be a pretty big advantage in some fights depending on how fast your meters are changing.

One More Disadvantage

If you have a build that is the opposite of energy focused you may not be able to fortify if you don't have at least 60 or 100 energy on some mobs depending on your general and what level it is at (I think someone said that the multiplier applies to fortifying as well).

Azraelswrd
05-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Multiplier applies to fortifying, yes. Hence why I said in another thread that stat pool size is paramount.

icollyer
05-26-2010, 07:05 PM
I personally don't care if someone does that as long as they fix what they break.

I have done it myself when i was trying to get my demi points up before I'd capped Aurora and Azeron. That said, I always dropped all my energy into the fights as well.

Serpents hit really hard.

Even idiots who do power attacks for ~6k need to fortify for 2-3 times the damage they dealt just to repair their own stupidity.

If you're using single attacks for 1-2k you'll need to drop an insane amount of energy into the battle.

People who do this should be culled for the good of the CA community. :rolleyes:

ODragon
05-26-2010, 07:11 PM
- If you are in a situation where you will level in one or two normal clicks, but have 15-25 stamina that don't want to waste you can use this general to do more damage before you level.
Actually, it works up to 250 stamina, (50 stamina attack x 5x Orc King). It does happen from time to time that everything is aligned that this is the attack you use to level up.

collinchan
05-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Please advise should I get Barbarus? I am using Kaiser with Draft now.

Azraelswrd
05-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Please advise should I get Barbarus? I am using Kaiser with Draft now.

Only if you have a lot of stamina/energy, don't like clicking a lot, and fight retaliation monsters a lot.

ODragon
05-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Actually, it works up to 250 stamina, (50 stamina attack x 5x Orc King). It does happen from time to time that everything is aligned that this is the attack you use to level up.

I am replying to myself, yes. I just did an Orc King 250 stamina critical on a Ragnarok. I did 2,612,280 damage and got 881 experience. If I were to have leveled up there, that would have been an amazing amount of carry over.

mydragoon
05-27-2010, 02:40 AM
well, i just noticed barbarus is 'selling' quite well... less than 1000 left. within 3-5 seconds (screen refresh), i saw the number of units left drop by 3...

MichaelSeth
05-27-2010, 05:32 AM
Really? I just looked and it says at the Oracle that there's 15329 left.
No, wait, 15321. Have any generals sold out and become unobtainable?

Azraelswrd
05-27-2010, 05:34 AM
Really? I just looked and it says at the Oracle that there's 15329 left.
No, wait, 15321. Have any generals sold out and become unobtainable?

I don't think so. The counter just flips when it zeroes out. Happened with Slayer, Fenris, Aria, and Kaylen... yes, only the devs really know what the counter is for. :D

waxlion
05-27-2010, 05:48 AM
Only the devs really know what the counter is for. :D

Classic sales move.

There's only 10 left! I better get one before they're gone!

mydragoon
05-27-2010, 06:59 AM
I don't think so. The counter just flips when it zeroes out. Happened with Slayer, Fenris, Aria, and Kaylen... yes, only the devs really know what the counter is for. :D

ya, i just realised that... never noticed that before with the other generals... i just saw the counter go back up to something like 15k... wow... i was one of those that almost wanted to grab one before it was no longer available -- only i din have enuff FP yet.

lucky i din get it... else i'd have felt really, really... :confused: :mad:

TopazMystique
05-27-2010, 07:10 AM
I just got Barbarus but not sure he will help me but correct me if I'm wrong here. Didn't seem like I got 2 x experience or $$$ so don't think I would use him except on blue-bar monsters. Otherwise, I think he's a waste. Yay or nay?

Azraelswrd
05-27-2010, 07:13 AM
His multiplier works. He's not for everyone. If you're looking for consistent high dmg per stamina, stick with generals like Malekus or Aurora. I've already stated the reasons to use Barbie/OK.

cdonic
05-27-2010, 07:16 PM
He's worth getting for the reduced number of clicks and reduced retal. That was why I got him.

The crits are random and a bonus.

Just tested the new general on a full 200sta, out of 5 hits 2 landed crits. :D Totally lucky streak! The best I ever did with normal power atts were 4 crits out of 40 hits.

SinCityMarauder
05-27-2010, 07:36 PM
you all seem to be smart so it comes as a surprise to me when you talk nonsence like orc king is better for criticals or exp gain-simple 4th grade maths will tell you that the chances are absolutely the same on avarage and it ABSOLUTELY and ONLY depends on luck and nothing else-you can have a good streak and then again you can have a bad one.The only advantage seems to be less retaliation from the monster with 2nd bar but wait-there's a disadvantage that nobody speaks of because few people know about it-Monsters like Dragons and Serpents are stamina not damage based and you will receive poor loot for the same damage done with orc king rather than with a regular general.THIS IS TESTED AND PROVEN TRUE so save your speculations-it's tested by a lot of people and the conclusions were the same.So use orc king on 2nd bar monsters and NEVER on dragons-on hydras for example there is no difference and no advantage exept maybe if you have 2000 stamina and you're in a great hurry :D

doesn't an ORC KING at Level 4 use 25 points of Stamina just the same as 5 single hits? The only Downside is That CRITICAL hits while doing big damage don't help in the stamina used formula

RAUKO
05-27-2010, 08:16 PM

Excuse me? Serpents? Stamina based? :confused:
Perhaps nobody speaks of it - because that is nonsense? Serpents have fixed health and don't let anybody tell you different.
Tested and proven serpents are stamina based = didn't happen because it couldn't happen, because the premise is wrong
Loot on them with Barbarus = normal.

icollyer
05-27-2010, 08:58 PM
Anyone else noticing that occasionally Barbarus will do a standard PA instead of a PA x 3?

At least he only uses 5 stamina when he does that! :rolleyes:

collinchan
05-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Only if you have a lot of stamina/energy, don't like clicking a lot, and fight retaliation monsters a lot.
Is the status of Barbie better than Kaiser with Draft? or should I buy anything to go along with him? I would like to use it to fight monster.:)

RAUKO
05-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Anyone else noticing that occasionally Barbarbus will do a standard PA instead of a PA x 3?

At least he only uses 5 stamina when he does that! :rolleyes:

Oh yes :mad:
At first I thought I am missing a button. Few other players said the same.

Chepmaster
05-27-2010, 10:12 PM
I got nervous while reading so I didn't read all of the posts.
HERE IS THE GENERAL TRUTH-DO NOT ARGUE WITH IT.
OrcKing does not give you any Critical Hit advantage-yes 1 ork CH=5 normal CH in a row BUT you have 5 times less chance in doing it SO THE AVARAGE hits you'll score using all of your stamina ARE ABSOLUTELY THE SAME!!!
2nd-OK is USELESS for Dragons since the loot you get for killing a dragon is based on THE NUMBER OF POWER ATTACKS YOU DO,NOT ON THE STAMINA OR DAMAGE YOU SCORE!!!With OK you do less power attacks and you get crappier loot-TESTED AND PROVEN!!!
Yes it saves you some clicking and that's all.I'm having serious doubts that with OK power attacks monsters hit back for more damage for the party,but I'm not quite sure of this since the retalliation damage is pretty random-go figure...Someone can test it if interested.Hope I was helpful :)

Chepmaster
05-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Excuse me? Serpents? Stamina based? :confused:
Perhaps nobody speaks of it - because that is nonsense? Serpents have fixed health and don't let anybody tell you different.
Tested and proven serpents are stamina based = didn't happen because it couldn't happen, because the premise is wrong
Loot on them with Barbarus = normal.

Jee,you're actually right :D I tend to treat dragons and serpents the same but only dragons have a fixed number of Power Attacks based health,thank you for correcting my mistake man :)

Marlfox
05-28-2010, 12:13 AM
2nd-OK is USELESS for Dragons since the loot you get for killing a dragon is based on THE NUMBER OF POWER ATTACKS YOU DO,NOT ON THE STAMINA OR DAMAGE YOU SCORE!!!With OK you do less power attacks and you get crappier loot-TESTED AND PROVEN!!!

Tested? Proven? Well then, I'd like to see that "proof", if you don't mind.

Chepmaster
05-28-2010, 01:07 AM
Tested? Proven? Well then, I'd like to see that "proof", if you don't mind.

For more information join the group and find it in the forum where they disscus the Orc King Testing,I'm too lazy to look it up for you so I'll just give you this chart:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=292454452416&ref=ts#!/photo.php?pid=564309&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=292454452416&id=1652542473&fbid=1245804319212

Read the comments on the chart...

XtraFire
05-28-2010, 03:54 AM
Hey guys, after a briefing reading in this thread, a question came to my mind.

Whats the point of using OK/Bar if we can use the 50Stamina attack button with any other generals?

Not sure if I had missed out this discussion lol.

Azraelswrd
05-28-2010, 03:57 AM
Hey guys, after a briefing reading in this thread, a question came to my mind.

Whats the point of using OK/Bar if we can use the 50Stamina attack button with any other generals?

Not sure if I had missed out this discussion lol.

Do more even faster. The 50 stam button just multiplies everything. OK/Barbie do not multiply counterattack damage. This can be huge especially for fatties like Bahamut, Azriel and serpents that can do A TON of retaliation damage very quickly.

Azraelswrd
05-28-2010, 04:02 AM
Is the status of Barbie better than Kaiser with Draft? or should I buy anything to go along with him? I would like to use it to fight monster.:)

Status? If you mean stats....

Barbarus lvl 4:
21/18
3x multiplier

Kaiser lvl 4:
20/19
+3% crit bonus

Comes down to what you want and have. If you have a huge energy/stamina pool and hate clicking a lot then use Barbarus. If you believe you're lucky with crits, go with Kaiser. Theoretically, Kaiser has a POTENTIALLY higher dmg/stam ratio but if he doesn't crit then it will be the same as Barbie.

enoesiw
05-28-2010, 06:11 AM
the one key game advantage is for monster hunting vs things with the blue bar in addition to monster health. Each attack might be the same dmg as 3-5 normal power attacks.. but the return dmg from the monster is the same as a single attack. So the blue bar doesn't get affected as quick causing you to do "bonus" dmg longer and makes it easier to return the blue bar to it's optimal length. If you don't care about the bar or care about others that do... the generals are really of no real use, unless you just don't want to hit the attack button as often. I bought him the second i saw him since my luck with chests have been TERRIBLE... bought 3 chests 4 times so far.. and not even a single uncommon item.

This might just be me, but I find that buying single chests is much more lucrative as far as legendaries are concerned. I've bought several 3x chests and about the same amount of 1x chests and in those chances I've gotten 4 legendaries, all from 1x chests (2x Malekus, 1x Azriel, 1x Kull). Again, I could just have the luck of the devil, but so far I have gotten lucky with 1x chests.

RAUKO
05-28-2010, 12:53 PM

Status? If you mean stats....

Barbarus lvl 4:
21/18
3x multiplier

Kaiser lvl 4:
20/19
+3% crit bonus

Comes down to what you want and have. If you have a huge energy/stamina pool and hate clicking a lot then use Barbarus. If you believe you're lucky with crits, go with Kaiser. Theoretically, Kaiser has a POTENTIALLY higher dmg/stam ratio but if he doesn't crit then it will be the same as Barbie.

If you are willing to fork out 50 FP more for Barbarus items, attack goes to 25. Not unreasonable choice for Monster Hunter. All new monsters have 2nd BAR - therefore BARbarus

niamh O'Toole
05-28-2010, 01:56 PM
:rolleyes:

BAR BAR us

RAUKO
05-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Subtle hint from devs, I guess. :D

collinchan
05-28-2010, 08:45 PM
If you are willing to fork out 50 FP more for Barbarus items, attack goes to 25. Not unreasonable choice for Monster Hunter. All new monsters have 2nd BAR - therefore BARbarus

Thanks a Million. RAUKO.

RAUKO
05-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks a Million. RAUKO.

I AM going to buy items, I find them worthy. Most people here would, probably, advice against it, and it is reasonable to me to. It is 50 FPs for just +4 to attack for general that is not good for PvP. +4 isn't much, mind you, but I'll use only this general for months on double bar monsters, so I'll go for it.
Think twice before you do it, especially if you don't have too many FPs. 50 FPs is a lot if you are not CC player.
Your decision, but I would hate if you do it based on my opinion and regret it afterwards.
Good hunting :)
edit: most people here recommend buying his helm to get +1 critical chance.