PDA

View Full Version : Is it my imagination or does Illusia give more crtis than Vanquish on mobs?

Walking Duck
05-17-2010, 12:49 PM
While leveling Illusia to 4 I found that my crits on Bahamut were more than double than what I used to get from Vanquish.

I agree Vanquish attacks deal higher damage per turn than Illusia but 100% more crits more than negate this advantage.

This is over 5 Bahamuts with Vanquish and 3 with Illusia (including 2 Alphas).

Is this a random occurrence or have any of you come across the same phenomenon?

Sir Bob
05-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Have you compared it with kaiser or fenris, with their weapons that give bonus to crits? I know a lot fo people who suggest vanquish who gives a +20 to att, which is I think like 2000 points extra damage per hit, and I crit with fenris (just got kaiser so dont have his weap yet.) like every 6-10 times i hit. that gives me 2 or 3x the damage total, which in my case is only like plus 60-90,000 damage on a hydra but at +2000 damage/hit with vanquish, I'd have to hit 30-45 times to make that up.....So I don't get it myself. course when vanquish does crit that extra 2000 does turn into a extra 4-6000, but still.....

Walking Duck
05-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks Bob, will try with Fenris and Slayer (as I dont have Kaiser) ....and post results.