PDA

View Full Version : What should be my first Monthly General

x3froggi
05-16-2010, 02:11 PM
As title says, or should i buy chest instead?

solidghost
05-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Slayer? Seems that everyone is talking about him/it.

FLX
05-16-2010, 05:58 PM
IMO buy chests!! the best generals are in chests, so why should i buy second-rate generals when there is a little chance to get better ones... ;)

a non-chest-fp-general i like is aria, because she gives you an energyboost of 10 without reducing any stats, which is good when she is your current general while you level up..

kiknchikn
05-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Aria might be the most useful early on. I still consider her my most useful monthly general since 10 extra energy to use every time I level up helps me get an extra skill point or so a week from completing quests.

igtenos
05-16-2010, 06:52 PM
IMO buy chests!! the best generals are in chests, so why should i buy second-rate generals when there is a little chance to get better ones... ;)

a non-chest-fp-general i like is aria, because she gives you an energyboost of 10 without reducing any stats, which is good when she is your current general while you level up..

Do not buy chests if you don't have the generals. You're just asking for x3 sun blades and misery.

I suggest either Scarlett (for the income bonus) or Minerva (because her buff is relatively unique and she's a good all-around general).

Slayer is player bias. Personally, I've gotten crap results from crit generals.

DiegoZ
05-16-2010, 07:14 PM
I don't think Minerva is very useful, I barely remember to use her so I can make 1 more PA, but if you're going to remember then I see no problem

But imo, buy Scarlett, for the income increase

igtenos
05-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Yeah. I've gotten better at remembering to equip her when I level up. >.>

Also I didn't consider if the OP was a pvper. Lyra is currently the best pvper from the monthly generals.

DiegoZ
05-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Yeah. I've gotten better at remembering to equip her when I level up. >.>

Also I didn't consider if the OP was a pvper. Lyra is currently the best pvper from the monthly generals.

Yes, but Serena is better than Lyra and Memnon, you just need your luck xD (I still haven't find mine...)

Azraelswrd
05-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Go monthly. My first was Illusia. No regrets. :D

thanatoscharun
05-17-2010, 12:11 AM
lol.... slayer. If you want slayer, I would recommend Kaiser instead. at lvl 4, they have same crit hit stat plus kaiser has better stats and his magic item adds a 1% to critical making him equal in terms of crit bonus with lotus. otherwise, i liked minerva. I'm a monster hunter.

igtenos
05-17-2010, 12:44 AM
Only problem is the OP might not be high enough level to qualify for Kaiser. I see Slayer on MSCA @ 72 so.... not sure.

I still say scarlett or minerva.

x3froggi
05-17-2010, 11:00 AM
i still can't decide. everyone here has different options. Hearing a lot about slayer but i don't like the idea of criticals. It only raises the chance, i rather something that gives me more damage every turn than critical. Just using as description, not like i really want something that raises damage. Any other suggestions?

Walking Duck
05-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Look, if you are building an army then go for all the FP generals and after you have gone thorough all of them go for the chests.

If no army plans, then try your luck for the chest generals like the Orc King, Malekus, or Mephistopleles. To decide whats best for your plans please go through the Generals Abilities thread.

If you are set on FP generals then Kaiser is better than Slayer (between the two) provided your level is high enough to purchase him. Personally I find even after leveling Slayer to 4, the +3% additional crit doesn't make any difference and I get higher crits from generals like Illusia.

KlonE
05-17-2010, 01:16 PM
You can buy any FP generals if you have enough favor points. The level requirement is there just for the sake of it showing up on your tab. To find the specific FP general, you can go to CA Wiki and buy it directly by clicking the "buy me" link. Note that by clicking the "buy me" link, you will buy the general/item. So make sure you really want to buy it before clicking it.

For me, I like Scarlett best because I want more income. Currently she's best, generating 6% more income at level 4. I bought slayer after reading some suggestions that he's good, but I seldom use him; I still use Zarevok for monster hunts, and will switch to Vanquish once I bought her. Oh and I am going for the monster hunter path.

For others like PvP, you can try and check CA Wiki, which listed the best general for attacking and defending, for both PvP and invading in order.

Well the chests seems attractive, where really powerful generals are there; more powerful than those monthly FP generals. But if you look at what you might get, there are chances that you might not get the generals. And like someone mentioned earlier, you might get crap and wasted 50 or so favor points. But if you're feeling lucky, by all means go for it.

x3froggi
05-17-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm generally a monster hunter now, saving up huge numbers of strong units for mass PvP later ._. So i would prefer a general that goes with monster hunting.

Walking Duck
05-17-2010, 01:32 PM
In my opinion the best on monsters would be The Orc King, the damage on crits is huge, well into the 6 figures.

But as I said getting the Orc King is a game of chance.

yemen_241
05-17-2010, 02:19 PM
if ur looking for monthly general w/c is best at monster hunting, go for kaiser indeed, he'd go as far as 24 attk 19 def and 4% crit rate in complete set

thanatoscharun
05-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Only problem is the OP might not be high enough level to qualify for Kaiser. I see Slayer on MSCA @ 72 so.... not sure.

I still say scarlett or minerva.

just because you can't "see" a general,you can't buy it. You can be lower than the required level to see yet still get a general. there is a monthly general link guide in the forum.

I'm generally a monster hunter now, saving up huge numbers of strong units for mass PvP later ._. So i would prefer a general that goes with monster hunting.

um.... then just use Zarevok? lol? seeing as you don't have to use FP to buy him.... Fenris, might be ok. I would still go for kaiser or minerva. Iff you plan on doing pvp though, lyra is not a bad choice.

zeruel
05-17-2010, 05:49 PM
lol.... slayer. If you want slayer, I would recommend Kaiser instead. at lvl 4, they have same crit hit stat plus kaiser has better stats and his magic item adds a 1% to critical making him equal in terms of crit bonus with lotus. otherwise, i liked minerva. I'm a monster hunter.

totally agree, even if this meens 55 FP better than 80 with no good general!

Azraelswrd
05-17-2010, 05:54 PM
And for the people recommending OK, you really need stamina to make him useful or actually tap his potential. We're talking about a minimum of 200. I recommend 250 to take advantage of his 5x with a 50 stam (total 250 stam one-shot). He especially shines against monsters with dual health bars (serps, Cronus, DTC, boohoo, rags, gene, Skaar).