PDA

View Full Version : I know nobody is going to read this but....

igtenos
05-15-2010, 11:17 PM
"PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD/ALLAH/BUDDHA/ELVIS, IF YOU POST A STAT CHECK PLEASE LIST WHAT KIND OF BUILD YOU ARE PLANNING.

ALSO IF YOU WOULD POST IN THE RIGHT SUB-FORUM, THAT WOULD BE COOL TOO! :cool:

SEACREST, OUT. :D

PS. If I could make the text blink.....

PSS: what is the right sub-forum for stat checks? :rolleyes:

greywulf
05-16-2010, 12:37 AM
People do read these posts :)

Pride0830
05-16-2010, 02:30 AM
People do read these posts :)

They just tend to ignore/don't care about them :/

igtenos
05-16-2010, 02:50 AM
They just tend to ignore/don't care about them :/
^ this. Hard enough getting people to post them in the right thread (which I think is now Getting Started).

I'm just venting.

Josh Rottschaefer
05-16-2010, 08:09 AM
^ this. Hard enough getting people to post them in the right thread (which I think is now Getting Started).

I'm just venting.

Getting Started sounds like the right place to me...

It's a shame I keep seeing stat checks from level 200+ peeps. How do they get so high without knowing a) what character they are building and b) how they should be allocated (and c) how to actually look around in the Forums for the BILLIONS of helpful posts already there)

Frank Cadena
05-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Sigh, sometimes it took them that long to see that there is a forum link at the top of the page. Other times, they were getting chained etc. and wanted to find somewhere to go for some help before they realise that there is a link at the top. Then, while they're here, might as well get a stat check. :)

I lurked around the forum for months to get a feel of the board and to learn to avoid pitfalls, what are the available builds and how I wanted to build my character before I joined and contributed here.

Mocha Jo
05-16-2010, 12:30 PM
It took me months to find the "forums" tab at the top of the CA page. Some of us are slower than others.;)

DiegoZ
05-16-2010, 12:33 PM
I disagree with you igtenos, lots of people are going to read this, just not the ones that have to read it

Xanofar
05-16-2010, 06:57 PM
I disagree with you igtenos, lots of people are going to read this, just not the ones that have to read it

lol

That's true. :p

Cyaneyed
05-16-2010, 07:14 PM
It's a shame I keep seeing stat checks from level 200+ peeps. How do they get so high without knowing a) what character they are building and b) how they should be allocated (and c) how to actually look around in the Forums for the BILLIONS of helpful posts already there)

Because this is just a game, there are tons of very similar games out there (just add 'wars' to the end of any word and its probably a game with the same framework). People play those casually, get into their play habits, then come here and do the same. Then they realise, hey I'm doing x wrong, and because these are people that are (shock) casually playing a facebook game, they haven't spent much time thinking things out like people here have, nevermind come to forums to talk about it.

I don't say that to knock the people here because, well, I am one of the people here (and I consider this game miles better than the rest), but it would be pretty pointless to start developing elitist attitudes to casual players, those are the bulk of the game.

If nothing else, think of them as your cannon fodder :)

Oh, and while I agree with the OP, this is only a forum, nothing to get irritated over.

dragonlady67
05-16-2010, 07:43 PM
It took me months to find the "forums" tab at the top of the CA page. Some of us are slower than others.;)

Don't worry, me too! Back in those days, you were leveling so fast, it was all about the clicking. :) Shoot, summoned one beastie under level 50 before I realized the level limit. And, of course, it wasn't a nice colored dragon.