PDA

View Full Version : What to do with 240 FP?

alnitak
05-13-2010, 03:22 PM
I am a level 76, Lt. General with an army of 244. So far, the only FPs I've spent is for Dexter and his equipment. What should I do with the roughly 240 FPs I currently have? Buy chests? Buy Slayer and his equipment? Buy a few generals? Save the FPs for later?

I've only been playing a few weeks and could use some advice (e.g., I'm not sure Dexter was a good buy and don't want to repeat a mistake).

Thanks for your help.

FrostByte
05-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Me? I'll buy all available monthly general that you don't have, Lyra, Scarlett, Kaiser, Minerva, etc etc.

IMO the 25 FP cost for each general equipments is too expensive, so i rather save up my FP for the next monthly general. At least until you have all of them.

Or, if you feel lucky, try gambling? :)

EDIT: Here is the link for the monthly general and its equipments. Be careful, if you click one of them, you buy!
http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=19474

boboqiao
05-13-2010, 03:52 PM
4 x 3 Alpha chests...then re-roll whatever you have left on it again...it's the best

PatrickDB
05-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Stick to the monthly generals or at least get several before gambling.

Lyra is a must have for duels and consider Slayer or Kaiser for their crits against monsters. Before Slayer came out, I used Lyra for monsters as well - she's a very useful general.

icollyer
05-13-2010, 05:42 PM
No general is ever a bad buy, but I wouldn't put Dexter near the top of the list.

It depends what you want to do in the game, general monster hunter, dragon hunter, fortifier , PvPer?

I'd start with Kaiser + Backdraft (probably the only FP item worth buying), Minerva (or Aria for fortifiers), Kaylen and Scarlett.

indeterminate
05-14-2010, 11:59 AM
if it were me, *if*, id be spamming it on chests :P

Bloogo
05-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Kaiser, Scarlett, Backdraft

3xAlpha, 3xOnslaught

Keep 20 towards next monthly general/weapon (or another Alpha, if you're hooked, lol)

Wollknäuel
05-14-2010, 03:03 PM
What to do with 240 FP?

Keep them to make people jealous. :D Just kidding, I'd go for some nice generals of the month.

If I would go for chests, I'd do Alpha x3, Vanguard x3 and Onslaught x3. Because every time you are getting a general from a chest, your chances on getting any other general from it decline. The payback for an already acquired general doesn't really compensate here...

Walking Duck
05-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Simple!

Buy your monthly generals first and then concentrate on the chests.......

Patrick D
05-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Don't spend them on chests, you might be very disappointed with the outcome. Or you might get lucky, but I wouldn't count on that to happen.

I would spend them on monthlies first, these are my first picks:

- Minerva + her shield = 55FP for +8 stamina bonus
- Kaiser + Backdraft = 55FP for +4% crit chance against monsters
- Lyra or Kaylen = 30FP for a decent pvp general
- Scarlett = 30FP for +6% income

Total: 170FP

For the final 70FP you have the following good choices (imo):
1.) 3x alpha chest (55FP)
2.) 2 random other monthly generals to boost Kaylen or a future Malekus/Ambrosia (60FP)
3.) energy/stamina refills to help you level up faster (10FP/refill)
4.) save them for later

TexasAggie97
05-14-2010, 03:43 PM
I would save your FPs and buy the monthly general. No need to blow all those points right now, make them last a while....

firagun
05-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Buy monthly general first. Make as many general as possible.

If one day a monthly general expired then you never have a chance buy him/her. On the other hand, chests are always there.

You do gamble chest only if you have all the monthly generals.

just my opinion.

Lisno M
05-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Buy monthly general first. Make as many general as possible.

If one day a monthly general expired then you never have a chance buy him/her. On the other hand, chests are always there.

You do gamble chest only if you have all the monthly generals.

just my opinion.
I have an opposite opinion from yours. Since the number of generals we have only give a little addition to our invasion power, i shall gamble it away, if i am lucky, i shall have some generals that not everyone have. I like gambling. :D

Just my 2 cents

firagun
05-14-2010, 04:25 PM
I have an opposite opinion from yours. Since the number of generals we have only give a little addition to our invasion power, i shall gamble it away, if i am lucky, i shall have some generals that not everyone have. I like gambling. :D

Just my 2 cents

To collect as many generals as possible is not for invasion power but for some generals like Malekus or Ambrosia whose power are based on the number of generals in keep. As I said the chests are always there so we always have chance to get those epic generals, but those monthly generals may just expire like Memnon.

alnitak
05-15-2010, 01:38 PM
OK...I'm still doing stupid stuff. I need to read and research more before I act. Here's what I did.

Thinking I needed Slayer, I bought him. Then saw Kaiser, and bought him too (and Backdraft) before researching him and realizing that he and Slayer fill the same purpose. Oh well, I needed more Generals for my 250+ army.

Then, based on the advice, I bought Scarlett. I assume she has to be equipped to provide the 6% money bonus?

So now, I have three more Generals and about 120 FPs left. Should I buy Lyra too? Save the points (I'm close to 5000 duels, so will get another 25 in a couple days)?

Pokpokkeh
05-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Don't spend them on chests, you might be very disappointed with the outcome. Or you might get lucky, but I wouldn't count on that to happen.

I would spend them on monthlies first, these are my first picks:

- Minerva + her shield = 55FP for +8 stamina bonus
- Kaiser + Backdraft = 55FP for +4% crit chance against monsters
- Lyra or Kaylen = 30FP for a decent pvp general
- Scarlett = 30FP for +6% income

Total: 170FP

For the final 70FP you have the following good choices (imo):
1.) 3x alpha chest (55FP)
2.) 2 random other monthly generals to boost Kaylen or a future Malekus/Ambrosia (60FP)
3.) energy/stamina refills to help you level up faster (10FP/refill)
4.) save them for later

buying minerva's shield is pretty silly, no offence,
you could get a few stamina recharge and level up (and have more stat points in the process)

Deltacross
05-15-2010, 03:03 PM
buying minerva's shield is pretty silly, no offence,
you could get a few stamina recharge and level up (and have more stat points in the process)

Sorry, but I don't get your argument. 8 Stamina points equals 16 stat points- and this would be every time your stamina refills to full. For me, that puts my stamina up to 160 and gives me an extra ten stam power attack. That shield so far is the best equip to buy (since I have lotus) giving an extra 4 skill points. That's just my opinion, though :P. If you never buy favor points, I wouldn't recommend getting any of the equips so far, they're just too expensive.

alnitak
05-15-2010, 03:28 PM
If you never buy favor points, I wouldn't recommend getting any of the equips so far, they're just too expensive.

Just to clarify, I have never bought points, nor do I itend to. The 240 or so I had was from doing a lot of the free FP offers. But now that I'm registered on many offers, I suspect that the flow of FPs will diminsh in the future. So, I want to make sure I'm investing wisely!

How do you guys get FPs? Does monster hunting drop them more frequently as you level up?

InfernoIII
05-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Now that you have 120 Fp left . . .
Lyra at Level 4 (with the attack bonus) 28/19
And 3xVanguard or 3x onslaught

Da Wimsta
05-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Based on what you've said, never, ever, ever, spend your FPs on chests. Only ever use them on monthly generals. Don't buy items. Peace.

Goldenarms
05-15-2010, 09:58 PM
As said, monthly Generals, but generally speaking, stick with stuff you find useful. I bought Memnon and all of his gear when I first started playing, as I needed a stronger General and better equip for Duels (of course same day, I got Fury Maul Axe from a Chest, so that made Frost Stave obsolete :\). And this is also well before we got stat effects for Generals and gear.

Most equipment isn't really worth it, unless they boost important-to-you stats. I bought Minerva and Illvasan Crest, which makes sense to me as I mostly monster hunt; that's a free 8 Stamina on a level-up (switch her in before you level up, though). I already bought Grimshaw Jewel well before Aira, mostly because it was the strongest Amulet that I could conceivably have at the time; it served me well for many many months. Were I playing now, though, I wouldn't buy it, as you can get tons of stuff better in that slot, and a +1 Energy doesn't really make that big a difference.

So, do your research and then pick up what you find benefits your goals* and gamble on Chests only when you have a steady stream of FP coming in (like 120/month) Saves on FP and makes your CA experience much more enjoyable.

*Unless you won/bought a General that is fueled by the number of Generals on your side, in which case, you're likely wanting to pick up as many Generals as you can. :D

peninvade
05-15-2010, 11:07 PM
If it was me, i would do 2 3xchest rolls and buy some monthlies. Lyra, slayer, and fenris are popular, but i like lailah and minerva. definitely wouldn't hurt to buy a monthly general you like right away.
as goldenarms was kinda suggesting, the equipment is not worth it. In the long run, you won't use the monthly generals long enough to take advantage of the equipment since there is always something better coming out.