PDA

View Full Version : Rising and rising levels of dmg

rahl
05-13-2010, 02:39 AM
Hi all

Since I joined CA some months ago (I'm approaching Lvl 200 now), I have noticed the dmg levels have kept rising in my bracket. Of course partly due to the level bracket and how everyone else is levelling all the time.

But it's also getting ridiculous in terms of getting into the top 3/5 hitters so as to max the best loot. I remember a time when 1.2m was good for a Cronos, but now people are hitting 4-5m in the top 3/5. and it gets worse for Bahamut.

Doesn't it make more sense to spread out the dmg over different monsters concurrently? The way this is going, it'd be much better to hunt in groups of friends.

Mysterila
05-13-2010, 02:45 AM
huh? I don't understand your concern. The damage other people do have no effect on the loot you yourself receive. Only your own damage matters.

Dunadin
05-13-2010, 03:40 AM
It's called how ya play the game.

I have gotten MANY epic rewards while being deep down (7th-15th) in damage. I have also personally done top damage (millions), and had a friend low in dmg (like 15th). I got no epics, they received an epic. I don't understand when I see 4+ million in damage on a monster, to me it's a waste. I like to do just over 1 mil on many. I got the Genesis Sword on my 3rd Genesis (lowest dmg one also). I have never been above 10th on a volcanic dragon, and have all the pieces for the unit... maybe a total of 6 battles, etc.

rahl
05-13-2010, 03:41 AM
Doesn't the placing within the dmg bracket matter? I always thought so. What I got for hitting, say, a Cronos for 1.2m as a level 50 would be vastly different from the same dmg at level 150.

If loot is simply based on an absolute numerical value, it doesn't tally with the fact that the dmg levels have been rising.

rahl
05-13-2010, 03:44 AM
It's called how ya play the game.

This is still anecdotal though, for I have been in mid-range before and quoted crap. There is a large element of chance in it which is fine for me but the probability of epic drops does seem related to placing within the bracket.

Ser_Destroyer
05-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Which spot I was within my level range did never change the number of drops I received only the actual damage dealt did...the actual quality of said drops is just random.
And pouring multiple millions dmg on a monster is not a waste since it speeds up it's death so you get faster rewards and you free the precious world monster slot faster ^_^

solkyro
05-13-2010, 01:02 PM
placing don't matter for loot drops

you could do a minimum damage and get a worthy epic. you could solo a monster and get crap epic

random drops are the keyword here

Maguita
05-13-2010, 01:56 PM
you could solo a monster and get crap epic

That reminds me when i soloed Keira xD.

Rutherford
05-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Doesn't it make more sense to spread out the dmg over different monsters concurrently? The way this is going, it'd be much better to hunt in groups of friends.

I think it's always better to hunt with friends. Which is why I'm in two monster hunting groups.