PDA

View Full Version : iPhone/iPad playing

Amazingant
05-01-2010, 04:33 PM
I've been enjoying the game a bit on my phone the last few days (makes it easier to play while I'm at work) and noticed that whenever you click just about anything, focus moves to a text box that seems to have no purpose. I've also been waiting desperately for the 3G iPad to be delivered, and one of the first things I did after setting it up was to get on Castle Age to help out a friend's battle. And there it is again. Every time I click on anything, the keyboard pops up and the vertical line showing you're in a text box shows up in the gray bar next to the Home link. Anyone know a fix for this, or more importantly, how to point this out to the dev so he can try to change up the jscript?

Tia!

eaglefs
05-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Same problem here, it goes away by itself after a few seconds, but it IS anoying

Rutherford
05-20-2010, 02:38 PM
The Opera browser doesn't have this particular problem. But, it does have other weird issues.

Playing on your mobile device is a bit of an At Your Own Risk kind of a thing.

JeanLuc
11-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi,

I just see you are offering 15 FP for installing CA on Iphone. If i don't have Iphone, does it mean loose easy 15 FP? :(

Ainrexik
11-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Is Castle Age playable on any other phone besides the Iphone?

Celestia Moondream
11-30-2010, 08:01 PM
The problem I am having with the App is the monster battle page doesn't line up like it should. It's like it's cut in half and some of the buttons are placed where they shouldn't be, as if an extra space was in the way and breaking it all up. I'm using an iPod Touch 1st Gen with iOS 3.1.3. I have screenshots if needed.

†LoneWolf†
11-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Is there any indication as to when the free 15 FP received from installing the CA app on iPhone will be sent to us?

Jain Zar
11-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Hi,

I just see you are offering 15 FP for installing CA on Iphone. If i don't have Iphone, does it mean loose easy 15 FP? :(

You don't lose anything, you just don't get the FP.

vovin
11-30-2010, 09:07 PM
hi I just wanna know id this app only will be avaliable for the usa no other countries, and it isnt fair that only usa users get 15 fp and in other countries not.....

miss danger
11-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Is there any indication as to when the free 15 FP received from installing the CA app on iPhone will be sent to us?

I received my FP automatically after loading the app on my phone by pushing the really large FP token image on the left side..

Though I have noticed that you don't receive BPS in battle using the app.

txcyclone
11-30-2010, 10:14 PM
I installed on my iphone and did not receive the 15 favor points promised

RavenWulf
11-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Is Castle Age playable on any other phone besides the Iphone?

I have play it everyday from every one of the Android devices I have owned first the Samsung Behold 2, then the myTouch3G-Slide and now the myTouch 4G. I have to play it through Facebook just like I do on my computer.. hopefully they will make an app for us in our Market... not everyone has been enslaved and brainwashed by AT&T/Apple

Ricki Spy
11-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Is The A Way To Fight My Guild Monster Or Get To My Guild?
I Looked Around The App, But I Couldn't Find It Anywhere.
Otherwise I Really Like It

miss danger
11-30-2010, 10:21 PM
I installed on my iphone and did not receive the 15 favor points promised

Did you push the big gold fp image on the left side?

Is The A Way To Fight My Guild Monster Or Get To My Guild?
I Looked Around The App, But I Couldn't Find It Anywhere.
Otherwise I Really Like It

No guild features seem to be available yet on the app.

PiRho
11-30-2010, 11:12 PM
I've been wanting to have an Android CA app forever, and now not only do they give it to iPhone, but they give free FP as well! TOTALLY not fair! I want compensation! I'm starting to have loading issues with playing from my Droid through facebook. it loads way too slow.

PLEASE! Please PLEASE! give us an Android version of the app. and the 15 FP!

Thanks!

Alohran
11-30-2010, 11:21 PM
I would also like to ask for a CA app for Symbian phones. I've played CA a lot of times through my web explorer in my Nokia 5800 without any problems, but when I try to fight guild wars or guild monsters, it simply never loads.

If you guys are releasing an app for iPhone, you definetly should release versions for android and symbian.

Ricki Spy
12-01-2010, 12:34 AM
no guild features seem to be available yet on the app.

thank you :)

Deltacross
12-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Thought about starting a thread for people to post any bugs they find in the new app, but since this was already here, figured it might as well be this thread. So actual bugs found so far-

"0 BP gained" is shown in battle display no matter if you won BP or not. The BP listed in Battle Rank, however, does increase

I figured I'd try purchasing FP to see how it worked (and hey, discount). My ipod says the purchase was successful, but no FP awarded. I'll wait to see if they show up or the money was indeed used. So far, I don't know if the glitch is before the monetary part of the transaction or after.

Some people not receiving 15 FP? (question mark, cause unknown whether this is user error or an actual bug)

In monster fights, the tabs for cta, chat, log, status and loot are in unusual locations and all but the cta tab do not work. It also does not show which status the monster is in (i.e. extra heal, deflection, cripple etc.).

Possibly just on my end (I don't have another device to test it on), but my connection times out before all of my generals load when I go to switch generals.

Motophreke
12-01-2010, 01:14 AM
I'd like to echo the question about an android release? Is there one in the works?

Thanks

zhouz
12-01-2010, 02:03 AM
Thought about starting a thread for people to post any bugs they find in the new app, but since this was already here, figured it might as well be this thread. So actual bugs found so far-

"0 BP gained" is shown in battle display no matter if you won BP or not. The BP listed in Battle Rank, however, does increase

I figured I'd try purchasing FP to see how it worked (and hey, discount). My ipod says the purchase was successful, but no FP awarded. I'll wait to see if they show up or the money was indeed used. So far, I don't know if the glitch is before the monetary part of the transaction or after.

Some people not receiving 15 FP? (question mark, cause unknown whether this is user error or an actual bug)

In monster fights, the tabs for cta, chat, log, status and loot are in unusual locations and all but the cta tab do not work. It also does not show which status the monster is in (i.e. extra heal, deflection, cripple etc.).

Possibly just on my end (I don't have another device to test it on), but my connection times out before all of my generals load when I go to switch generals.

i started a thread in the mobile section for bugs, http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=45121

RavenWulf
12-01-2010, 02:13 AM
I'd like to echo the question about an android release? Is there one in the works?

Thanks
no dedicated app like the iPhone/iPad.
you have to go to Facebook in browser and down at the bottom you'll see a link for "FULL SITE", click that at it brings up Facebook like it appears on your computer, from there you can play game (have been doing it this way for about the last 8 months or so).

mathhatt
12-01-2010, 07:49 AM
I can't find anything about guild in the iphone app is that normal?

larstark
12-01-2010, 11:21 AM
I installed the iPhone Castle Age app and lost 15 points. NOT gained them. I had 57 until I installed the app now I have 42 ... In looking around here I can't find a place to post for the loss. If I'm missing some place maybe some one can let me know.

Wista
12-01-2010, 11:28 AM
I vote for an Android app!

Since there are many millions - I read somewhere trustworthy 16 million, if memory serves me - more users of the Android platform (not to mention the open source for the devs), I'd think it would make sense to put out an app for Android.

Wista
12-01-2010, 11:30 AM
I installed the iPhone Castle Age app and lost 15 points. NOT gained them. I had 57 until I installed the app now I have 42 ... In looking around here I can't find a place to post for the loss. If I'm missing some place maybe some one can let me know.

Isn't there a link somewhere to contact the developers directly? Try under the help tab. This one shouldn't be under the regular points link, I'd guess.

jk0912
12-01-2010, 02:00 PM
The only thing apart from Guild stuff that I can't find is a CTA button for the monsters. I just summoned one and no idea where to CTA?? Anyone seen it?

Thanks

mustafah
12-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I also installed the app and have been using it, but FP were not credited.

mustafah
12-02-2010, 12:40 AM
I also installed the app and have been using it, but FP were not credited.

Is there some resolution for this? I even downloaded it a second time.

zhouz
12-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Is there some resolution for this? I even downloaded it a second time.

When you download the app, log in and then click on the REALLY BIG GOLD button on the main page that says FREE FP

wbsloat
12-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Is there a way to log out of your account on the Iphone app? I can log in and out of facebook accounts, but the CA app just stays on one account, even if the FB app and the Safari browser are logged into another FB account.

Dragonfire1
12-02-2010, 08:33 PM
There are a few things that seem to be missing from the app. No demi quests, nothing about guilds at all, no War duel, no Raid or Arena (although none is currently running), no Achievements, no CTA's for monsters and no Atlantis quest.

I imagine some of these may be included in a future upgrade for the app. Overall, I think they did a good job. The app beats the heck out of playing Castle Age through the Safari browser on the iPhone. Cheers.

Deltacross
12-02-2010, 09:59 PM
I don't know what this is with people unable to find the cta button. Its in the normal spot for me (and has since I downloaded it) as it is on my computer. I've tested it a few times and it works as well. Perhaps its only messed up for certain monsters or just for the summoner?

StuartLaws
12-10-2010, 01:28 PM
It's fine for keeping up with monsters, but it is very slow and continues to drop the connection and constantly claims I need a faster connection despite the speed and strength of my connection to a wi-fi network or 3G... (I try not to connect unless I have either a wi-fi or solid 3G connection).

AnnieBear
07-25-2012, 04:20 AM
When I access my fb game on my iPad, my invites and other news doesn't show up. Also, when I try to accept things from my fb account, instead of taking me to the game, it takes me to iTunes. Lastly, I can't join any of the guilds I have tried to join. It keeps saying my level is too high. I am only a lvl 285.