PDA

View Full Version : Blacksmith Items

sir_martin
09-30-2009, 05:24 PM
As I understand it, the black smith weapons equip the entire army. Does this mean that I only want the latest weapon and armor, and can therefore sell or skip over all outdated items? This strategy could save me a lot of money.

Mursilis
09-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Yes you could skip over things like daggers, leather armors and longswords to go right to the best items. Does save money in the long run.

Please note right now the equipment used is decided by the one with the highest combined attack/defense. Previously it was only the highest attack when attacking and defense when defending. So for example if you have 501 Battle axes and 501 Steel plates you'll use the Steel plates for attacking and defending as the combined value of the SP is 6 while the BA is 4.

General Ash Williams
09-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Thats silly,, I like the old way better. now I have lots of useless equipment

sir_martin
09-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the info. That will save me even more money. However, I just realized I have the gladiator sword. Not even sure where I got it. It has a combined value of 9. So I don't have to buy any new equipment until I see a combined value of 10 (more like 11) or higher, right?

This sorta doesn't make sense to me because, from what you're saying, the steel helm and the amulet are worthless even though they have nothing to do with below the neck armor or weapons. You're a moderater so I'll take your word for it, but just want to make sure I understand you correctly. TIA!

Falco
09-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Duel vs. invasion are different things and have different calculations.

sir_martin
09-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Why is it cheaper to buy many generals than one steel plate? Or is this something that's not supposed to make sense?

Falco
10-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Supply and demand. The economy's rough, so lots of people are out of work. That's why the generals are working for so cheap; they have to eat too, there are infinite clones of them, and nobody else is hiring them. On the other hand, we have wars and dragon raids going on, so steel is in short supply and thus very expensive.

Besides, we don't need steel plates until very late in the game when we have more income, but the generals are necessary relatively early in the game.

Punkle
10-01-2009, 02:51 AM
Please note right now the equipment used is decided by the one with the highest combined attack/defense. Previously it was only the highest attack when attacking and defense when defending. So for example if you have 501 Battle axes and 501 Steel plates you'll use the Steel plates for attacking and defending as the combined value of the SP is 6 while the BA is 4.

Is that official now?

Suicide King
10-01-2009, 03:43 AM
While I can not comment on whether or not it is official, I can atest that it is being empliment at this time. It has made the 135 Battle axes a total waste of money.:(

Blak Ryder
10-01-2009, 09:49 AM
In general with any game you play the better the equipment the better off you are so try to buy the very best in as large a qunity as you can as the best generally goes up with each purchase plus I havnt gone into this in the depth I have another game but I suspect it possible to actually have 2 sets of equipment one for fighting and one for defending in fact Im certain of it if you choose your equipment carefully

Mursilis
10-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Is that official now?

I don't have any inside information if that's what you are asking. But for the moment that's what players, such as me, are seeing being used for combat purposes.

Thoughtfulmoron
10-01-2009, 10:45 AM
As I understand it, the black smith weapons equip the entire army. Does this mean that I only want the latest weapon and armor, and can therefore sell or skip over all outdated items? This strategy could save me a lot of money.

You kind of have it right and kind of don't. For dueling you use the best item you have of several types. For invading one item gets used per army member you have.

Also just to let you know you got the gladiator sword from getting your battle rank to Elite Soldier(450 points). It unlocks it as buyable, and gives you one for free. However the price of them goes up 10% for each one you buy. You can see the other rewards for battle ranks by going to the battle tab, then clicking battle rank.