PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Screen

Relic
09-30-2009, 12:30 AM
right now the inventory screen sucks. would be nice to see items you have slotted when buying new items.

Mursilis
09-30-2009, 03:13 AM
I'm not sure I quite understand your comment. Please explain in a little more detail. Thanks.

Commander-Tidus
09-30-2009, 03:25 AM
I think what he means is that he would like to see the pictures of the items that we use when we are battling, instead of a text readout of our items, soldiers, magic, ect.

Relic
09-30-2009, 06:51 PM
I think what he means is that he would like to see the pictures of the items that we use when we are battling, instead of a text readout of our items, soldiers, magic, ect.

No sorry. I mean when buying new items it would be cool to see what you currently have equipped. something as rudimentary as this inventory system taken from Baldur's Gate would be way better than it is now. Showing you what tems you have on and what their bonuses are would be helpful. As it stands i can only see my equipment as a list, unless im not looking where i should be.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/baldurs-gate/screenshots/gameShotId,331013/

Punkle
09-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Not sure i follow you here? But you see how many you have bought of all item in inventory screen.
You also automatic equip the best items for your selv, your army & general when fighting so you dont really need a gigantic screen with all your 500 army and generals and what they would be using.

If this is not what you mean then please elaborate :)

Falco
09-30-2009, 10:57 PM
I think I might be able to translate what he's saying.

For duels, it matters whether the equipment is a Weapon, Shield, Helmet, Armor, or Amulet (Spell is under Magic). It would be useful to have that information on the Blacksmith page. Maybe group things by category, or at least have something showing us which one will be chosen so we don't have to duel someone or painfully scroll through the whole Blacksmith page to figure it out.

Teisei
09-30-2009, 11:25 PM
don't know why that was so hard to understand... but any way...

wouldn't that be hard cuz don't you say equip more then just one sword and shield.

plus this would make the page more complex and take longer to load as well as could cause more bugs that would need to be fixed.

i personally am against the idea... if this was a launchable game i would have no problem with it but this is a browser game.

LutraMage
12-31-2009, 02:28 PM
I think people are missing the point of the question. The system chooses the best items to equip for a duel (presumably a different set if you are attacking from the one it chooses if you are the defender?) but there's no way to see what those items would be until you are actually involved in a duel.

I think what he is asking for is a page (or section on the Keep page) which indicates what your current best inventory is for dueling (both as an attacker and as a defender) so you can see what needs improving most.

You can probably work this out by going through your equipment manually on the Keep and Town pages, but that is cumbersome (when you win a new item in battle against a monster, you have to compare it with everything else you already own to see if its better or not).

I think he would prefer a layout that shows the item icons, but if that was too difficult, I'm sure a simple list of what the system considers to be your best items (for both situations) would do.

NicoHammer
01-11-2010, 07:21 AM
i think, if i understand the "main" idea/request, that this would be great, have a page to see whats the best equipment that you've on, it's really bad needs to see the entire black smith page to compare the items, in example, the armors you've to know what are you using, or make a duel or invade to see that.

anyway, that's an idea than maybe someway this can be done, i think maibe with a simple "equiped" text beside your best items.

Joel S
01-11-2010, 11:39 AM
The best dueling items can't be bought, so it's a moot point.

Inventory management in this game does leave a lot to be desired, and with just a few switches monumental improvement could be had.