PDA

View Full Version : Why do i get beat?

Hellraidor
09-29-2009, 07:09 PM
While i am offline and get attacked by other players i am usually defeated. BUt the players that attack me are ranked 3 or so under my rank of centurian. im a lvl24 i have sylvanus for general, shadow blades, beserker sheild, elven plate, angelic crown and shadowmoon amulet! The players that attack barely have wat u can buy from the black smith and are generaly the same lvl as me.

Caitir Eavan
09-29-2009, 07:35 PM
They may just have a bigger army and attack with more people. Also, they might have more skill points in attack and defense.
Battle rank just shows how active you are, mainly, and has not too much to do with how strong you are.

Commander-Tidus
09-30-2009, 03:05 AM
They may just have a bigger army and attack with more people. Also, they might have more skill points in attack and defense.
Battle rank just shows how active you are, mainly, and has not too much to do with how strong you are.

I have to disagree on that one. Even though battle rank shows how diligent you are, mostly the higher ranks you go, the stronger people are. (especially with those 500+ knight heroes/commanders battle plates) And now with the dragons, I can see people battling each other less, and concentrating on dragons (which is a good thing!).

And anyways, being offline won't save you. Lol hasn't saved me from being attacked yet.

Falco
09-30-2009, 03:18 AM
Battle rank just shows how active you are, mainly, and has not too much to do with how strong you are.I strongly disagree with that. If you put all your points into stamina (meaning your attack and defense are still 1) and battle other people all the time, you'll still be an Acolyte because you'll always lose. If you put all your points into attack (and thus have 1 defense and 3 stamina), even if you win every last battle you choose, people will chain you repeatedly and take away battle points faster than you can regain them, so you'll still be an Acolyte. Battle rank does show how strong you are, but there are multiple ways to be strong. Battle rank can indicate a strong duelist or a strong invader. The strong duelist may be weak during invasions and the strong invader may be weak during duels, but they're both still strong in their own way.

Hellraidor
09-30-2009, 05:47 AM
thanks to all the replys and suggestions, however my att and def are high im gonna guess cause my army is small that i get beat alot.

Caitir Eavan
09-30-2009, 05:51 AM
Feel free to disagree.
Maybe that's true in lower levels below 80. But once you hit up there, there are some with a higher rank than me AND higher level AND 501 army, but I still win! At the same time, I have attacked some lower level acolytes when I Centurions or such when I couldn't be bothered to wait for a higher rank to turn up - and lost.
I'm not the strongest player out there. Yet, I managed to get to a high rank because I had the time available during the summer to fight A LOT every day. You need to be able to get a certain number of battle points when you want to go up a rank - and you only get those from doing quite a few battles. Thus - battle rank is an indication of how active you are.

wildgues
09-30-2009, 06:36 AM
Feel free to disagree.
Maybe that's true in lower levels below 80. But once you hit up there, there are some with a higher rank than me AND higher level AND 501 army, but I still win! At the same time, I have attacked some lower level acolytes when I Centurions or such when I couldn't be bothered to wait for a higher rank to turn up - and lost.
I'm not the strongest player out there. Yet, I managed to get to a high rank because I had the time available during the summer to fight A LOT every day. You need to be able to get a certain number of battle points when you want to go up a rank - and you only get those from doing quite a few battles. Thus - battle rank is an indication of how active you are.

I'd have to partially agree here. I'd say the battle points between the ranks do show how active you are. That said, with the rule that you can't drop battle points below your rank, rank is a good indicator of the effort and strength of the player.

wildgues
09-30-2009, 06:40 AM
thanks to all the replys and suggestions, however my att and def are high im gonna guess cause my army is small that i get beat alot.

Another factor is the quality of the units in your army. If you only have 50 army, but you've bought all knight heros, you'll have a pretty good shot at a 500 army with a bunch of footmen. With a lower army sixe, I'd concentrate on your dueling set-up. You'll still likely get stomped by low rank/large army if they invade, but you should be able to ofset that with your duel wins.