Sir Ducer
08-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Now there is a good idea ....

Quantum_Mechanic
08-15-2009, 11:30 PM
I would also like to see this!

Alundra
08-16-2009, 12:48 AM
I concur! Not trying to make more work for the Devs but whether the info is in game or on the forum, it'd be a great addition. Patrick's site is great but I'm sure it's very labor intensive for him and not everyone is going to remember to submit their info.

oO☼ﬞ Tricᶄsy-TriӾie ☼ﬞOo
08-16-2009, 12:55 AM
Patrick set one up on wordpress and he said he updates twice a month. I dont have the link handy for it at the moment but if it is not already in the faq and strategies threads Im sure it will be soon. I dunno if they are going to move one to here but it would be awesome if they did!:D

Sir Ducer
08-16-2009, 01:18 AM
Patrick's leaderboard is no where near to a true reflection of who is leading in the game , and whilst I praise his effort on compiling a board , I also suggest not many of the top players wanted to get involved as he wanted to many of our stats .... Once again I must stress that his efforts are a valient though

Nythain
08-16-2009, 01:22 AM
This is a suggestion i've given ideas on in the original discussion forums...

Filterable Leader Board:
Top 100's in Level, Battle Points, Wins, Losses, Gold, Quests Completed, etc

Filterable by Demi Alignment, Top100 players in each category for each Demi Alignment

Scaleable to players level range filters for the above, as in, instead of Top100, lets say im level 50, i could have it show the Top 10 between level 50-60 for each category like battle points, wins, losses, gold, quests completed, etc

i have a billion and a half leaderboard ideas, as i've seen a billion and a half different leader boards in various browser games :P

oO☼ﬞ Tricᶄsy-TriӾie ☼ﬞOo
08-16-2009, 01:39 AM
Patrick's leaderboard is no where near to a true reflection of who is leading in the game , and whilst I praise his effort on compiling a board , I also suggest not many of the top players wanted to get involved as he wanted to many of our stats .... Once again I must stress that his efforts are a valient though

Yupyupyupyup
(sorry, needed 10 characters) :D

DinGa
11-05-2009, 03:45 PM
There should definatley be a leaderboard for every aspect in this game

Battles won, max damage to all monsters, most kills etc. I think it would be brilliant to implement this into the game.

Jimk
11-05-2009, 10:50 PM
I was thinking about this today. The game has been changing before our eyes. In my opinion for the better as different styles of play are slowly being accommodated.

We have duelers, monster slayers, item collectors, those who belieie in offense or a high defense, those who like to get kill counts and those who collect gold.

Different folks like to brag about different things.

Who is best is subjective.

Some ideas:

1) most cumulative damage on a monster
2) Higest level acheived
3) Higest BP rank.....obviously it is capped but is a worthy endorsement of the accomplishment
4)Higest number of PVP kills
5)Highest number of deaths.

You get the point....the list is open to many things...this is a stat game after all

Ragnar
11-05-2009, 10:54 PM
I deleted mine forever ago, it was just taking too much time to keep up.

Jimk
11-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Thats why we are suggesting someone else do it.

Alvar
11-10-2009, 04:37 AM
I wonder if a leaderboard would be game balanced.

Consider that can be used as a non official hitlist, and everybody knows that players who focus on hitting monsters are not always good for player vs player battles.

Defyeler
11-10-2009, 05:41 AM

Consider that can be used as a non official hitlist, and everybody knows that players who focus on hitting monsters are not always good for player vs player battles.

I love this idea.

But also, your point may be why there isn't a leader board. Other similar games without much of a true pvp aspect do have leaderboards, and they make people nice targets.

If there is a leaderboard, then STATS should never be shown. This would help prevent some of the issues.

And because you may lead in monster slays, does not mean you are a pansy for pvp. Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure many of the upper tier PVP folks are also excellent dragon slayers.

tgille
11-28-2009, 01:04 AM
I totally agree with Trym post!!!

I would also like to see a leader board.

You really do not know who is the highest level?
How Many Battles Won?
How Many Quest Done?

Most Games have them.

Kind Regards,
Baron Marius_de_Romanus

Thanos
12-10-2009, 07:19 PM
So any indication CA devs are working on this or have it planned for 2010?
With all the recent game additions, it would be nice if they took a break on new game play development and worked on such a leaderboard.

ItsNeuroscience
12-31-2009, 02:05 AM
I support this notion!!! Will it ever be implemented?? Would be nice to see who's actually leading the game...

Prince Valiant
12-31-2009, 02:48 AM
What about a leader board?

Level, Battles won, Quest done, Battle Rank

When I joined Castle Age I assumed that there WAS a leaderboard 'cos every other game eg Star Trek stuff has.Surely with each players stats individually available they can be dragged into Excel or similar?

Rheannan
12-31-2009, 03:52 AM
I love this idea.

But also, your point may be why there isn't a leader board. Other similar games without much of a true pvp aspect do have leaderboards, and they make people nice targets.

A leaderboard on a forum should only ever include the name used in Castle Age, which may not be the same as the name used on these forums. There should also be an option to be taken off the list. And of course, there shouldn't be an actual link to a keep.

That way, it's just a matter of randomly seeing someone in the list, the same as it is now.

ItsNeuroscience
12-31-2009, 04:23 PM
It shoulden't be difficult at all. Everybody is storred in a database, along with all of their stats...this game constantly connects to that database to get information from it.

If it was properly coded, and all the user's statistics were attached to a physical username when they joined, rather than just getting it based of off $_GET['user'] in the url, then it should work.

any developers willing to get in on this discussion?

Ross87
01-02-2010, 07:14 PM

This issue is a pretty simple fix. Just because you know the display name of the person in the lead does not mean that you can target this person.

First off the leader board should display but not link the leaders.

Second eliminate ways of searching for people not in your army (which to my knowledge they have done a pretty good job of)

If they do these two things then the only way you target someone is if you happen to come across there name on the battle screen. Once you do then of course you would be able to put them on your hit list.

o0James0o
01-02-2010, 09:58 PM
im sure to be at the top defense

agedbeef
01-02-2010, 10:28 PM
There should definatley be a leaderboard for every aspect in this game

Battles won, max damage to all monsters, most kills etc. I think it would be brilliant to implement this into the game.

hmm.. should it include "the most battle lost" or "the least army size".. ?! there are also TOP losers too.. lol~ :D

ItsNeuroscience
01-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Honestly, we need some form of leader board....how else will be know who the top players are???

I personally think this falls outside the realm of suggestion

Luxor The Moonprince
01-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Massivly overdue.

I am up for putting keep links into the PvP leaderboards (Most Win count - Most Kill Count - MAYBE Longest Streak)

But agree with not linking for the monster achievements.

This is way overdue!

Protocol
01-21-2010, 04:08 PM
Massivly overdue.

I am up for putting keep links into the PvP leaderboards (Most Win count - Most Kill Count - MAYBE Longest Streak)

But agree with not linking for the monster achievements.

This is way overdue!

+1 fully agree.

FOXBODY9952
01-21-2010, 07:28 PM
i dont need a face, just show me the top 100 numbers in each category, ill choose the ones i chase. i mean, i know what my stats are.... fairly easy to just compare numbers. right now we have nothing to compete with except the ahole who chains you everyday or the ones who rush in on your monsters and sink the ship. doing it this way would make top monster dmg pointless unless its single damage and not combined/total damage. im not keeping track of every bit of damage i do in order to know thats "my number" posted on the leaderboard. then again, we could add a "per monster" stat page to our keep. running total of all monsters participated, atk/fortifying. then it would make sense to have a monster leaderboard without faces to id them. you could then id your own, thus making that a competition ground too.

id also be interested in being able to see my current total atk/def w/ current weapons equipped factored in. this would help imo for keeping track of how im making progress without burning up a calculator. maybe just post it to my homepage, and as my items/units/etc change it will show me how much ive gained... if at all.

FOXBODY9952
01-22-2010, 11:26 AM
bump;):(;):o:

Arc
02-02-2010, 04:38 AM
If there's going to be a leader board it would be pretty cool to see how people are doing on different levels of growth concerning battles, monsters, etc.

An example would be have a leader board for people level 1-25 and their battle stats, most monster kills, streaks, etc. Then have a leader board for level 26-50, 51-75, 75-100, and so on and so on.

I think this could be used by new comers as a way of goal setting and since people are constantly moving up, the leaders are always changing...until you start reaching levels over 100 then things begin slowing down.

Also people's battle rank usually stays in sync with their growing levels, unless they are defense or energy builds.

Ragnar
02-02-2010, 03:26 PM
They should link for everything, if I had my druthers.

You want to be on top of a leaderboard? You should be able to defend yourself, or forget battling altogether. You want to solo shot a Hydra in an hour? Well, that'll get you on the leaderboard all right, with a nice big fat target on you.

Note: this thread (created 8/15/09) is not the actual first suggestion thread for a leaderboard. I think this request was first made in March of last year.

So don't hold your breath.

sugarbelvis
02-02-2010, 03:42 PM
For me i dont want leader board.... it just add more pressure to the game.

tricker
02-02-2010, 03:47 PM
For me i dont want leader board.... it just add more pressure to the game.
Adds pressure to whom? If you don't want it, don't look at it, just play your game and enjoy.

sugarbelvis
02-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Adds pressure to whom? If you don't want it, don't look at it, just play your game and enjoy.

just voicing out my opinion...:o

MewTwo
03-17-2010, 06:33 AM

Well Said.:D

MewTwo
03-17-2010, 06:36 AM
They should link for everything, if I had my druthers.

You want to be on top of a leaderboard? You should be able to defend yourself, or forget battling altogether. You want to solo shot a Hydra in an hour? Well, that'll get you on the leaderboard all right, with a nice big fat target on you.

Note: this thread (created 8/15/09) is not the actual first suggestion thread for a leaderboard. I think this request was first made in March of last year.

So don't hold your breath.

OMG that's Well put. If you don't want the heat on you! Don't attract it! its as simple as make your own choices, and Deal with the consequences. I Once herd Humans Are the best at that!:D

ender4
03-29-2010, 01:30 PM
+1 for leaderboard.

this game desparately needs a leaderboard.

and more general stats available to view.
maybe even graphs over timeframe to see how you are doing.
also comparisions against other members of your army.

If the Devs want ideas, go look at the leaderboard in "starfleet commander" (another facebook game). its has different leaderboards for each area of focus, then an overall leaderboard combining the others. its very well thought out, and easy to toggle different aspects.

Pistol
03-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Can the leaderboard include price per level you spend? I would say the people who havent bought their way to the top have something set apart

ender4
03-29-2010, 02:40 PM
it should be a toggle-able leaderboard, where you can view against general population or just army members. and be able to toggle all sorts of different stats.

The Other Side
07-26-2011, 05:09 AM
I'd love to see a leader board allowing us to view each level as we see fit. Would be nice to see BSI's in that mix of things, too.

kiknchikn
07-26-2011, 05:12 AM
I'd love to see a leader board allowing us to view each level as we see fit. Would be nice to see BSI's in that mix of things, too.

I wouldn't want people to see my BSI...

The Other Side
07-26-2011, 05:34 AM
I wouldn't want people to see my BSI...
Perhaps they can only show the person's level and BSI # and skip on the name. The BSI owner will know who they are.

Nexor
07-26-2011, 05:38 AM
The game has been changing before our eyes. In my opinion for the better as different styles of play are slowly being accommodated.

We have duelers, monster slayers, item collectors, those who belieie in offense or a high defense, those who like to get kill counts and those who collect gold.

Different folks like to brag about different things.

Who is best is subjective.

Some ideas:

1) most cumulative damage on a monster
2) Higest level acheived
3) Higest BP rank.....obviously it is capped but is a worthy endorsement of the accomplishment
4)Higest number of PVP kills
5)Highest number of deaths.

You get the point....the list is open to many things...this is a stat game after all

I agree the game has become so evolved that a simple rank by level for just monsters or just battle points just won't get the job done. I would like to see every player rated. I know that's a lot of work but I'd like to see where I fit compared to everyone else. Just showing the top 100 will keep thousands of players from ever seeing where they fit. Though it might be good to start with the top 100 and slowly expand to the point that every player, from those of use that started out at the beginning to those that just joined yesterday, is a part of the ranking. It is also possible to start with an overall rank and then step by step break it down into components( ie. most kills, best attack etc.).
I think the best place to show an individual overall rank would be in the keep. From here the rank number could be a link to show the listing compared to the entire pool of players.

Either way since it's already done for the Guilds, why not extend it and create a leader-board for individual players.

kiknchikn
07-26-2011, 05:49 AM
Perhaps they can only show the person's level and BSI # and skip on the name. The BSI owner will know who they are.

Level and BSI is plenty enough information to figure out who it is, as there aren't that many players in the game anymore. For instance, how many level 357 players have a >9 BSI? Probably just one -- me.

I think anything that gives away hints to the strength of someone's build is a bad idea.

The Other Side
07-26-2011, 05:54 AM
Level and BSI is plenty enough information to figure out who it is, as there aren't that many players in the game anymore. For instance, how many level 357 players have a >9 BSI? Probably just one -- me.

I think anything that gives away hints to the strength of someone's build is a bad idea.
I see your point. Perhaps the devs can have people 'enter' in like an option. Kinda like Arena or Fest. Duel Champ. That would be fair. Those who want to share click Yes and those who don't simply ignore it

kiknchikn
07-26-2011, 06:03 AM
I rather see something like an actual tournament through the game instead of through the forums or another group. Something where all pvp players will come out of the woodwork to take part in and thus there can be smaller brackets (maybe every 20 levels). The top 3 get badges as a reward that they can turn on or off, based on whether they want to show them or not.

solkyro
07-26-2011, 06:03 AM
I see your point. Perhaps the devs can have people 'enter' in like an option. Kinda like Arena or Fest. Duel Champ. That would be fair. Those who want to share click Yes and those who don't simply ignore it

seriously, why would you even input your strength just for people to see it ? there will always be someone bigger than you and screaming to the whole world your BSI shows lack of strategy

Ginger The Hutt
07-26-2011, 08:30 AM
If a leaderboard does come out of this: I'd like to see:

* a top ten run down of CA's favourite monster/boss to kill.
* the top damage dealers (just a CA game name - no link or RL name given), quickest times on those top ten monsters (same again - just CA Game name and no RL name).
* Highest level would be cool, as would most kills, most deaths etc - but there's too much chance the board would become a hitlist for those named in the 'halls of fame' - particularly for PvP related scores and the 'opportunity' to try and screw them up a bit.
* number of individual monsters killed would be cool too - per player.

Vixen
07-26-2011, 11:33 AM
If a leaderboard does come out of this: I'd like to see:

* a top ten run down of CA's favourite monster/boss to kill.

We all know YOU would be number 1 ;)