PDA

View Full Version : Chain attack limit!

Commander-Tidus
09-27-2009, 12:29 AM
Ok, I dunno how many of you are tired of this, but I have this punk who's been attacking me 10+ times for five days straight and it's really ticking me off. Can't beat him b/c he spends money on this game and got all the cool exclusive stuff. I remember for awhile (like maybe a week) where you could only attack a person 5 times. I really liked that b/c for me since I don't have all that exclusive stuff and everyone else does it's annoying to be beaten by players who simply spend more while I don't.

Anyways, my suggestion: Make a 5 attack chain-limit for players AND a way to maybe put up a bounty for idiot players like this guy.

KCL1971
09-27-2009, 01:27 AM
I kind of have to agree on this one mainly because there is no hit-list system in this game for weaker players to have a way to fight back.

Unless a hit-list of some sort is going to come out soon, else I would agree on this suggest. Or maybe implemented for now and remove the limit later when a hit-list system comes out.

jmrissaved
09-27-2009, 01:32 AM
as for protecting your money you could bank but I agree!

Commander-Tidus
09-27-2009, 02:33 AM
Yeah, even though my income can support my losses (he takes about 10k which isn't much) but it's still annoying cause the same guy keeps on attacking me every single day. I seriously don't know what his problem is with me, but It's really starting to tick me off.

A hit list would be nice since most games offer that feature anyways. That or a "Stun" feature that would prevent that player from attacking you a certain amount of time. But seriously, the battle system has to improve because I'm losing points whether I'm on or off and now since we can no longer hide at 20Hp, it makes things even worse! I hope you CA Devs are listening to this! =)

Seth
09-27-2009, 03:05 AM
I dont like ****** like you, If you weak, have lot of money and give me lots of battle point, i will attack you, every day with 10 battle max then move to other juicy player with different demi point. Its a game, if you like to battle dragon then battle it. If you dont want get beaten then do something about it.

arifin
09-27-2009, 03:11 AM
absolutely definitely AGREE with you, sir.
and i think, there's a many out there feeling the same

Adrian Gray
09-27-2009, 03:41 AM
Yeah, even though my income can support my losses (he takes about 10k which isn't much) but it's still annoying cause the same guy keeps on attacking me every single day. I seriously don't know what his problem is with me, but It's really starting to tick me off.

A hit list would be nice since most games offer that feature anyways. That or a "Stun" feature that would prevent that player from attacking you a certain amount of time. But seriously, the battle system has to improve because I'm losing points whether I'm on or off and now since we can no longer hide at 20Hp, it makes things even worse! I hope you CA Devs are listening to this! =)

I imagine that he's attacking you a lot because he's winning the fights, and also because he is rewarded amply with gold and battle points when he beats you... I created a list of some 100 or so people that I routinely attack. I'm a general in the 60s and the list of people that give me a decent number of battle points in my kill range is pretty limited. So the same people get tapped a lot. It's either that or I spin my wheels all day and make no progress in trying to rank further. Those same people killed a lot of other weaker players to get to where they are, so I don't have any qualms about killing them repeatedly.

I can understand how it gets frustrating if you're being chained over and over, though. I thought the attack limit that they had before was pretty fair. 5 to 8 attacks, then that player is off limits for a while. There must have been a good number of people that complained about it though. *shrug*

Caitir Eavan
09-27-2009, 06:28 AM
I'd definitely be against that!
It would make it near impossible to ever again kill anyone with the health used up in fights being as low now.
All you have to do is build up your attack and defense and you'll start to win some fights. Before the dragons came out, the same people chained me daily. But it's part of the game. Just accept it!

Smexasaurus
09-27-2009, 06:52 AM
hmmm either that or u can leave him a comment like: Pls leave me alone

and if he doesn't stop:
what you are doing is construed as bullying. If necessary I would gather my higher lvl friends in the army and reciprocate what you did to me. I hope we can establish a truce without having to do that.

^_^ most ppl are chaining ppl without remembering that they are players with feelings too, but a lil msg should go a long way.

no one likes a bully, so if you pushed on the edge u can always publish what he's doing with an implication of retribution, (mayb not on this forum, but doesn't stop u posting on ur FB wall)

Icefyre HD
09-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Keep in mind that you're the one who seems to be emotionally engaged here. He isn't the first, and he won't be the last to play in this manner. Adapt. Change what you can, learn to live with the rest. If he gets to you emotionally that will carry over when you log off. If you can disconnect emotionally, then you'll have the upper hand over this pesky little fly. I agree that posting comments on their CA page go a long way. They usually acknowledge friendly banter, and very rarely ignore a friend request.

KCL1971
09-27-2009, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=Icefyre HD;21590]Keep in mind that you're the one who seems to be emotionally engaged here. He isn't the first, and he won't be the last to play in this manner. Adapt. Change what you can, learn to live with the rest. If he gets to you emotionally that will carry over when you log off. If you can disconnect emotionally, then you'll have the upper hand over this pesky little fly. I agree that posting comments on their CA page go a long way. They usually acknowledge friendly banter, and very rarely ignore a friend request.[/QUWell,

Well, if isn't because of the "anger" emotion he wouldn't post here. As you said in your own statement - "Change what you can". He is doing his way of trying to change it right by voice his feeling and opinion here to let the developers aware of this situation. If enough people also voiced as well, then I am sure the developers will do something.

Let say if someone murdered your family and there is no law to punish the killer. Of course the killer is not the first and will not be the last killer in the world, are you going to touch your nose and said "oh everyone dies anyway" and then walk away and called that "Adapt"?

Of course we should all chilled a little and not get too emotionally attached to the game. But if everyone is doing that, then the game will never change and the developers will not hear our voice if something they were aware of goes wrong.

To make the chain attack issue worse is that those chain attacker knows that they will get retaliated, so they all hide in hospital before logging out (log out with less than 10 hp). And most of this type of games follows probably mafia wars logic on doing this (but not all, you can't hide in hospital in this game called Mobsters 2. In that game, there is still hospital, but once your hp regen over the safety limit, then you will get boot out of hospital and people can attack you again even if you are logged out. This is reasonable because everyone is under the same rule and it encourage players to play more).

Again, I support the idea of having a limit on chain attack since hiding in hospital is allowed here and there is no hit-bounty system here. As of not able to find enough players to attack to use up your stamina, that is no longer a problem ever since they cut the dam done by half. And finding players to attack is never easier since the dragon hunting system rolled out (I as an example spent my stamina on dragons 90% of the time now).

Grey-House
09-27-2009, 04:46 PM
In my experience, leaving a chain-attacker a message of complaint or even nicely asking them to stop in their comment board long enough for them to read it just gives them a means to use it to find you again and repeat chain attack at a later time. But I'll concede that I may have just had a bad run of luck.

As a rule, I never attack anyone more than twice intentionally, and maybe 3 times on accident (refresh the list a few times and see if you remember every face; it happens) Even if I'm not getting as many points as I'd like. But I can do that because, frankly, I don't care about the points. Some people REALLY care about points, win/loss ratio (I know of some people who have made new facebook accounts just to have a better record), and then there's people who just like killing other players. You get that everywhere. The best thing you can do is get involved in the battle system and become stronger. By not being ready to receive an attack, you're basically giving someone permission to abuse you. No, it's not fair, it's just how things are.

sherbearmom2
09-27-2009, 06:40 PM
I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY! It's ridiculous to attack someone 10+ times. It's all about those demi points.....I feel the only way to truly get the demi points is to attack 10 different people per alignment. In other words, 50 different people all together.

Des
09-27-2009, 06:54 PM
It happened to me. I was getting whacked by the same person and I actually said "Look I can't beat you so I am requesting that you join my army." he agreed.

MindWandererB
09-28-2009, 12:27 AM
For those who tell the OP to just suck it up: Have you ever been a victim like this? Have you been unable to increase in battle rank because someone who completely outmatches you keeps lowering your points? Have you been unable to battle because your health is perpetually in the single digits--even minutes after healing yourself? Have you had to dash back to the keep every time you earn money, because it's going to be stolen instantly if you don't? I've had short spurts like this; if it happened more often, I'd quit the game.

In MMOs, nasty PK'ers attract the attention of even stronger PK'ers, so what goes around comes around. CA doesn't support that kind of play, so being a bully pays off. I personally think chaining should be completely banned--you can't attack the same player twice in the same day at the lowest levels, but increase the limit as eligible opponents become more scarce. This will also encourage newbies to stick with the game, and not get frustrated and quit.

Icefyre HD
09-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Part of my response was a continuation of another one of her posts. I should have mentioned that in my last post. Of course in real life there needs to be punishments and what not. I was only trying to convey the benefit of being able to disconnect emotionally from a game, especially games such as these. I was not trying to silence their voice to the devs, but rather trying to help her move on. Players like these (myself occasionally included) are not always trying to beat up on someone emotionally as it would seem to be suggested. Nor do most of us hide...too much work. I take what's coming as much as I dish out. It's the nature of gameplay. I was all in favor of the 20 health hide rule, but since it's not implemented, I have learned to get past getting hit and killed. If she is taking this too personally, it will then move in to her personal private life. Maybe this post and her other post/and my reply came off as too 'Get Over It' but it is the simplest way to bring balance back to yourself. Getting too invested in a game character can chew you up. Life is full of d#nks. Don't let the ones in gameplay get to you. :) Also, I too have been a victim of stagnant growth due to attackers. It presents a challenge to me to overcome it. When I can't, I put the game away for a brief period and see if anything has changed. I worried forever in another game about leveling up and hitting the open to all department. Because of a lot of preparation, it has not been nearly as bad as I had feared. Do I still lose a lot there? Sure, but I am getting the hang of it slowly. :)

Falco
09-28-2009, 01:11 AM
In my experience, leaving a chain-attacker a message of complaint or even nicely asking them to stop in their comment board long enough for them to read it just gives them a means to use it to find you again and repeat chain attack at a later time. But I'll concede that I may have just had a bad run of luck. In my experience, chain attackers tend to do anything to get ahead, including using mass-add lists. So, if you send them a friend message saying nothing other than "Castle Age", chances are that they would probably assume you're just another person from a mass-add list and they'll probably accept the request without thinking about it. Then, fast-add them to your army, and they shouldn't be able to attack you anymore (unless they figure out what happened and remove you from their army again, but I haven't had that happen yet, and it's probably too much effort for them to track down the exact person to unfriend in their massive friend list).

Commander-Tidus
09-28-2009, 01:44 AM
hmmm either that or u can leave him a comment like: Pls leave me alone

and if he doesn't stop:
what you are doing is construed as bullying. If necessary I would gather my higher lvl friends in the army and reciprocate what you did to me. I hope we can establish a truce without having to do that.

^_^ most ppl are chaining ppl without remembering that they are players with feelings too, but a lil msg should go a long way.

no one likes a bully, so if you pushed on the edge u can always publish what he's doing with an implication of retribution, (mayb not on this forum, but doesn't stop u posting on ur FB wall)

Yeah, but if I leave a comment on his wall or whatever, I'm sure he'll have even more reasons to keep attacking me. As for befriending him...I don't like the guy, I'm not going to friend him. Right now, I'm just ignoring this idiot and hope he goes away if not. I'll request my buddies to tear him up! =) :D :cool:

Blackjadedonyx
09-28-2009, 05:52 AM
I'd definitely be against that!
It would make it near impossible to ever again kill anyone with the health used up in fights being as low now.
All you have to do is build up your attack and defense and you'll start to win some fights. Before the dragons came out, the same people chained me daily. But it's part of the game. Just accept it!

i agree with both sides. i mean i chain attack someone until they cant be attacked or i kill them. its simple.. if your getting chained.. that means you need to start spending money to buy defense troops and gear to defend yourself.. and PUMP UP YOUR DEFENSE!!! how hard is that? seriously .. STOP with the whining people.. and find a better strategy than the crap one your using. OR as several people said try and make peace. OR even better yet.. find your friends and allies that are stronger .. and have them kick the living crap out of your said bully.

Nuff said

ウェイン
10-02-2009, 08:08 PM
I have to also say I'm getting pretty ticked off with guys who attack you pretty much more than 25 times a day, 5 days in a row, you can't progress because all and every resource is used trying to defend. or taken by the idiot when they chain attack you. possibly that they don't realise how weak they showing themselves to be, because everyone else they go up against is too strong. so they hammer you constantly.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Luxor The Moonprince
10-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Someone's always got to be at the bottom of the pile... looks like it's you today.

Sorry if that sounds harsh - but put every single upgrade point into ATT/DEF now until things improve.

Eventually you will start to win - then its time for your revenge...

sceb66
10-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Yes, we should have a rule like that because I had been hit with no money taken from me because I am smart and stash everything, but I went from 1500 battle points to 900 battle points in less than 24 hours due to dragon trouble. I dont get any battle points from the dragon which makes no sence its a battle should get some. So cutting down on the outside attacks that hit 12 in a row or so taking all my battle points and coasting me money to heal is very cheap since we cant retaliate due to them having 150 or more clan mates. I have dueled some of them to show them they are pathetic but dont have. so that is my complaint we need less chain attacks or battle points to from the dragon to offset the chain attacks.

sceb66
10-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Someone's always got to be at the bottom of the pile... looks like it's you today.

Sorry if that sounds harsh - but put every single upgrade point into ATT/DEF now until things improve.

Eventually you will start to win - then its time for your revenge...

Makes no difference if you have a person with more army members attacking you all that means nothing. you could have 100 def, 100 attack, 200 health, 10 of the highest unit it all wont matter if you have 10 army members and they have 150 army members you will be offset by them even if they all have the weakest unit.

Moonchild
10-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Ive found in the short time ive been on CA the people who come in 10 times or more just for my battle points as i stash my gold, i got to try and invade and if i lose again i then add them, as people in here have been saying, most of the time they dont even realise its you they have added so then your safe, it works for me every time :) also ive left comments for them too when theyre 68 and im was only 60, i asked them if they felt big by attacking someone much smaller, they then come in for a look and i never see them again.

Luxor The Moonprince
10-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Makes no difference if you have a person with more army members attacking you all that means nothing. you could have 100 def, 100 attack, 200 health, 10 of the highest unit it all wont matter if you have 10 army members and they have 150 army members you will be offset by them even if they all have the weakest unit.

Well... Im not trying to boast - just letting you know a little about my stats...

My combined ATT/DEF is now over 900 (No BS... it is)

I have a 501 army - I found that pretty easy to obtain.

Im certain Im not the first person to mention this... so I'll just be the next. Get a 501 as soon as you can. Get them in your army. You can always remove strangers from your friends list after they have accepted your army invitation.

I know 1 person that started the game with 0 army and had 501 in a week... so it can be done - and prety quickly at that.

7t2z28
10-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Ok, I dunno how many of you are tired of this, but I have this punk who's been attacking me 10+ times for five days straight and it's really ticking me off. Can't beat him b/c he spends money on this game and got all the cool exclusive stuff. I remember for awhile (like maybe a week) where you could only attack a person 5 times. I really liked that b/c for me since I don't have all that exclusive stuff and everyone else does it's annoying to be beaten by players who simply spend more while I don't.

Anyways, my suggestion: Make a 5 attack chain-limit for players AND a way to maybe put up a bounty for idiot players like this guy.

I can't agree more. A cap at 5 or something for the day. I don't know

What really pisses me off though is when someone duels me 10 times in a row just to be an ass. They aren't getting much or any money and not much for battle points. The kicker is more than half the time I go "spy" them and they don't have jack @&#$ for offensive units or items, while I'm sitting there with some decent heroes, tempest shields, moonfall crowns, dragon bane, dragon talon, etc. In addition, I put about 60% of my stat points on defense. I attack them, promptly raping them and getting a load of BP, but what gives? Does the battle system calculator even do anything?

Gerald
10-02-2009, 10:25 PM
People tend to only attack those they are fair certain they can beat. I seldom attack the same person more then 3 times, and usually only that many if I'm collecting a decent amount of gold each time. But then I've yet to figure out these Demi Points thingies. If they are actually good for something then it makes more sense. Find one you're SURE you can beat, and 'Pop' them for the 10 Demi Points you can get each day.

In any case, my own gold gets stashed often, so anyone beating me isn't likely to get much if any (at least not until I get a decent income built up rolling in lol)

For anyone getting 'Chained', work on your Stats and eventually those attacking you will start finding themselves losing the battles and proceed to go looking for easier pickings...

Archon JR
10-02-2009, 10:40 PM
I have to disagree with a limit. I will be the first to admit that once I find someone who gives me a good amount of gold and the demi points I need, I hit them as long as I need to accomplish what I need to do. If you are getting attacked and beaten then there is something you need to change. What that is is different per individual. I was chained alot when I first started, but then I grew my army and gave them the best items I could buy. Now I win alot more then I ever lose. I am now getting ready to the time I hit level 80, so that when I get there I might lose but it will not be a walk in the park for those that attack me.
P.S. Oh if it was me who chained you its nothing personal its war....LOL

Jimk
10-02-2009, 11:25 PM
I love the fact I can chain. I have also worked patiently to make my caharacter stronger. At lower battle ranks one has nothing to lose except cash so its no biggie. I am at level 29 I win 90% of my fights and those are by those who duel me. I chain them when I log back and they don't attack me again.

Perhaps its a different story after 80 but by then I plan on being fully prepared and ready.

When I chain someone its not personal at all..its just a bloody app. I chain someone for the BP. Its easier and way less frustrating then continuously seeing, "your opponent is dead or to tired to attack". If I am getting 10 bp per attack why should I not keep attacking?

Build you character and build your army. You can always hide as well, which is what I did in early game. Chaining is a double edge sword that works both ways. If he beats you dueling then invade him and if he invades you and wins try and duel. If both options fail work on your army and stats.

stridersgirlfriend
10-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Personally I do agree with you, Tidus, even if I don't normally get chained that much. Here's my advice - either do like the above posters and add them to your army, or maybe write some love poems to them and hope you creep them out. :)