PDA

View Full Version : building my army

mescdi1078
09-26-2009, 05:14 AM
ok soooo how do i build my army??? Favor points??? well those seem few and far between unless I want to pay for them and im not going to do that. There is always that other option to invite my friends right??? well the problem with that is that they dont play games. I see people posting the "join my army" thread. Well the problem with that is that they have to be your friend on facebook. Nothing against that at all except, if I did that I will then have over 500 friends that I dont really talk to.

Now, I do think this game is really fun and I want to continue to play but it doesnt seem like I have much of a chance because I refuse to pay for favor points and Im not thilled of the idea of having over 500 friends just to play this game. Is there another way to get a bigger army????

No disrespect for anyone that plays as I will be happy to talk to anyone! But chances are I will have 500 friends on my facebook that I will not know. Just wondering if there is another way to grow my army, because at this point in the game I am not able to compete. Thank you for any help!

robin
09-26-2009, 05:45 AM
ok soooo how do i build my army??? Favor points??? well those seem few and far between unless I want to pay for them and im not going to do that. There is always that other option to invite my friends right??? well the problem with that is that they dont play games. I see people posting the "join my army" thread. Well the problem with that is that they have to be your friend on facebook. Nothing against that at all except, if I did that I will then have over 500 friends that I dont really talk to.

Now, I do think this game is really fun and I want to continue to play but it doesnt seem like I have much of a chance because I refuse to pay for favor points and Im not thilled of the idea of having over 500 friends just to play this game. Is there another way to get a bigger army????

No disrespect for anyone that plays as I will be happy to talk to anyone! But chances are I will have 500 friends on my facebook that I will not know. Just wondering if there is another way to grow my army, because at this point in the game I am not able to compete. Thank you for any help!

You don't have to keep them as Facebook friends. Once they join your army, you can delete them as friends at Facebook - they will still be in your army. Also, you can set your privacy at Facebook to exclude a group from seeing all your info...

As far as favor points...well, they really aren't a big deal...I'll let you find that information for yourself.

Both of these subjects have been discussed a lot in the forum. You can scan through it visually and find them quickly...or your can use the link that says "search" on the navigation bar near the top of this page...

Falco
09-26-2009, 05:46 AM
Yes, if you read the forums, you'll notice that quite a lot of us have broken down and mass-added many "friends" that we don't talk to. Keep in mind that people stay in your army even after you remove them as a Facebook friend (unless the recent update earlier today changed that behavior), so one option is to add 500 people to your Facebook, add them to your army, and then unfriend them from your Facebook again, but then you lose out on things like the Call to Arms messages, and you won't be able to send and receive gifts from each other.

If you slay dragons, they occasionally drop favor points as a reward, so that's a possible way to get favor points without having to spend money on them. Also, the Demi points offer a few favor points as well. However, these are both very slow ways to get favor points, and you need 36 army to finish all the quests, so it's not going to be easy.

mescdi1078
09-26-2009, 06:21 AM
thanks for your response! I actually tried to find the answer to my question in the forums before I posted a topic on it. This helps alot! I am always up for meeting new people but I just didnt want a bunch of friends on my facebook that I didnt know.

robin
09-26-2009, 06:26 AM
thanks for your response! I actually tried to find the answer to my question in the forums before I posted a topic on it. This helps alot! I am always up for meeting new people but I just didnt want a bunch of friends on my facebook that I didnt know.

Yes, sometimes the searches here can be cumbersome...but I still suggest that you keep reading through the threads. You will find a great deal of useful information here that answers many questions...

macaklinka
11-10-2009, 07:32 AM
OK.

I'd like to add people as friends for the sake of the game, mainly to do epic battles.

But I don't want them to access my private info OR see my wall posts, and I don't want to spam my own news feed with tons of wall posts from people I don't know or care about their private lives.

So, if I add them as friends I could block them, but them I won't be able to see their calls to arms, and they won't be able to see mine? Which means it's impossible to get all the gaming benefits and keep your privacy at the same time? :confused::(:mad:

The Lord of the Files
11-10-2009, 09:47 AM
OK.

I'd like to add people as friends for the sake of the game, mainly to do epic battles.

But I don't want them to access my private info OR see my wall posts, and I don't want to spam my own news feed with tons of wall posts from people I don't know or care about their private lives.

So, if I add them as friends I could block them, but them I won't be able to see their calls to arms, and they won't be able to see mine? Which means it's impossible to get all the gaming benefits and keep your privacy at the same time? :confused::(:mad:

change your facebook privacy settings.

macaklinka
11-10-2009, 10:11 AM
how?

Can you tell facebook to show you only CA posts by someone, but not their other posts?

:confused:

omegawulph
11-10-2009, 10:35 AM
You can create two groups put non CA friends in one and non-CA friends in the other (you really don't have to do this one as there should be a CA group already listed on the side in the drop down menu). When you want to see what is going on with IRL friends then click the non CA friend group and when you just wanna slay dragons and the such click on the CA one to see what is up. My FB profile is set to Pirate and I can't make heads or tails of the privacy blocking things and I like it too much to switch it back just to make heads or tails of them so that is what I did. lol ... i know i know ... hush