PDA

View Full Version : Did hiding rules change?

thirteen
03-06-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm not a hider, so I don't know if I'm misunderstanding things- but from what I understand, if you log out of FB when your health is below 10, people can't attack you, right?

Last night, before I was going to log out, I noticed that someone had chained me down so my health was sitting at 8. I figured I'd just use the opportunity to equip Mercedes and get more earnings without worrying about people robbing me while I sleep. Weird thing is, when I logged back in just now (it's been about 14 hours since)... I noticed that I was actually attacked several times while I was gone.

So, my question is... did I misunderstand what the hiding specifics were or did something change? Or was there just a glitch?

TanithTT
03-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Have you installed the CA Toolbar? If so, that will automatically keep you logged in to CA, which might explain why you didn't "hide".

omegawulph
03-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Also:

I do believe that the period to actually be logged out of CA may take up to 5 to 10 minutes to register. Depending on how closely grouped your attacks are it could be that or the toolbar.

Another note worth mentioning. You acquire all earned gold while offline when you log in so if you log out with your bank setting on 0 and will not accumalate more wealth before the system logs you out then you don't have to worry about getting mugged in the alley for your gold.

Arnd of Hwlffordd
03-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Also:

I do believe that the period to actually be logged out of CA may take up to 5 to 10 minutes to register. Depending on how closely grouped your attacks are it could be that or the toolbar.

Probably the toolbar (not installed with me), I haven't noticed anything the like if I log out with only 20 seconds or so to go until the 10 hp. I don't Battle other players, much better to participate in the Skaar Deathrune battles. Only downside is the low amount of battle points, but you can't have everything. Hence I log out with under 10hp.