PDA

View Full Version : How am i doing for monster hunter???

Orochitato
03-01-2010, 02:27 PM
this are my stats

level 140 Commander
142 Max Energy -- Do more quests
175 Max Stamina -- Launch attacks
464 Attack -- Offensive might (going up)
202 Defense -- Defense power
117 Max Health -- Withstand attacks (only from praying)
380 Army Size -- Take more soldiers into battle

this is my current equipment (hope to improve)

Weapon : Genesis Sword [+20 damage]
Off-Hand : Sword of Redemption [+50 damage]
Helmet : Helm of Dragon Power [+30 damage]
Armor : Holy Plate [+18 damage]
Amulet : Amulet of Cefka [+6 damage]
Spell : Atlantean Forcefield [+10 damage]
Glove : Hands of Bounty [+10 damage]

So.... how am i doing? i've been playing for 3 months.... i attack with slayer and defend with serra... when i'm off i leave lyra and that works well.... i try to enter many battles at a time but doing at least the minimum damage always.... so.... any suggestions??????

If someone wants to add me....
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1523496753

Coyote42
03-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Stamina's way too low for a monster hunter. 175-50 (for your demipoint battles per day)= 125/5 is only 25 power attacks a day- not enough to do significant damage to higher level monsters ( and that's not including any stamina you use helping other people launch siege engines)

denostar
03-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Your attack and defense points are good. You may want to increase your stamina, or if you like you can continue dumping in attack and defense. That's up to you. Why in the hell are you praying for health if you're a monster hunter? Forget that amulet, it won't do you much good. If you're done praying to Azeron pray to any god but Aurora. Btw leave Serra when you're afk, much better than Lyra against Duelers.

smokeytripod
03-01-2010, 08:34 PM
.Why in the hell are you praying for health if you're a monster hunter? Forget that amulet, it won't do you much good.

actually the amulet will do good 1) its the best amulet out there currently
and 2) monster damage depends on attack and ur equipment so better equipment = more damage soo get the amulet mate

Wittyname
03-01-2010, 08:35 PM
what those guys said. Looking good though!

Da Wimsta
03-01-2010, 08:41 PM
The amulet made a big big difference for me, and keep going to the spell too.

300 stamina, before putting more points into attack, http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=20597

denostar
03-01-2010, 09:01 PM
actually the amulet will do good 1) its the best amulet out there currently
and 2) monster damage depends on attack and ur equipment so better equipment = more damage soo get the amulet mate

True BUT it doesn't effect your damage as much as 40 more attack or defense points does it? Not even close. Amulet isn't going anywhere, eventually you'll get it. If you're not a dueler, it's not advised to go for the amulet first. More health means you'll be invaded more times. I don't know if you care about it or not, I'm just saying.

Lopey
03-01-2010, 09:35 PM
level 140 General

360 Max Energy
135 Max Stamina
341 (+5) Attack
200 Defense
102 Max Health
639 Army Size

Your stats looks close to mine, and we're the same level. I went for max energy right away, and now I'm putting it all into Attack (for now).
You will probally just want to keep putting skill points into Stamina and Attack if you want to kill more monsters.

We have similar equipment as well..
Weapon : Excalibur [+25 damage]
Armor : Deathrune Hellplate [+18 damage]
Amulet : Deathrune Signet [+9 damage]

Get into a Skaar fight so you can get a chance at some of the Deathrune equipment, as it is very good.

Also, you may wish to switch to just killing 1 or 2 monsters at a time, and increasing your damage done to that monster to increase your chance at epic loot.

I attack with Sylvanas, and fortify with Dante (for the increased defense).

I would continue to go for the Amulet, as it is best in game currently.

smokeytripod
03-01-2010, 10:01 PM
True BUT it doesn't effect your damage as much as 40 more attack or defense points does it? Not even close. Amulet isn't going anywhere, eventually you'll get it. If you're not a dueler, it's not advised to go for the amulet first. More health means you'll be invaded more times. I don't know if you care about it or not, I'm just saying.

true but it does help a bit :P i prefer to get the best equipment for the slight bonuses and it will help save u from losing in duels alot if that happens xD... i dont seem to lose many invades/duels so the health dont affect me much tbh

Orochitato
03-01-2010, 10:17 PM
level 140 General

360 Max Energy
135 Max Stamina
341 (+5) Attack
200 Defense
102 Max Health
639 Army Size

Your stats looks close to mine, and we're the same level. I went for max energy right away, and now I'm putting it all into Attack (for now).
You will probally just want to keep putting skill points into Stamina and Attack if you want to kill more monsters.

We have similar equipment as well..
Weapon : Excalibur [+25 damage]
Armor : Deathrune Hellplate [+18 damage]
Amulet : Deathrune Signet [+9 damage]

Get into a Skaar fight so you can get a chance at some of the Deathrune equipment, as it is very good.

Also, you may wish to switch to just killing 1 or 2 monsters at a time, and increasing your damage done to that monster to increase your chance at epic loot.

I attack with Sylvanas, and fortify with Dante (for the increased defense).

I would continue to go for the Amulet, as it is best in game currently.

about the multi-fights I don't know about that.... i have done way too much damage to one monster and got crap and crap and crap... and doing less damage got great items... for example in the skar battles i do about 500.000 and 7/10 times got at least one fp and one epic and 2 rare

Owmonger
03-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Hey, i'm part monster-hunter, part dueller, a little invader. You can copy my build if you want. :o

level 133 Lieutenant General

138 Max Energy -- Do more quests
198 Max Stamina -- Launch attacks! (cost 2)
290 Attack -- Offensive might
350 Defense -- Defense power
147 Max Health -- Withstand attacks
470 Army Size -- Take more soldiers into battle

I'm too damn lazy to go fight people so i just pump def and wait for them. Overall, i earn more bp than i lose. I'm currently pumping stam only, the rest i get from praying while getting the items.

Weapon: Excalibur [+25damage]
Off-Hand: Sword of Redemption [+50damage]
Helmet: Berserker Helm [+12damage]
Armor: Moonfall Robes [+15damage]
Amulet: Moonfall Amulet [+40damage]
Spell: Tempest Storm [+17damage]
Glove: Hands of Bounty [+10damage]

The Amulet rocks but then i already completed all the demi gods to 4500 so it didn't cost me anything to get it, i'm just finishing up 3 more gods to 5900 for the xtra items.