PDA

View Full Version : New remake of Clash of the Titans

Erevis Cale
02-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Has anyone else seen the ads for the new remake of this awesomely great movie? Its in 3D! The original was a great movie.

Zidovain
02-28-2010, 01:53 AM
Has anyone else seen the ads for the new remake of this awesomely great movie? Its in 3D! The original was a great movie.

Im sure this will be another CG blockbuster. The trailer looks awesome. Who knows James Cameron might make a movie of Castle Age! :rolleyes:

Stunning CG will bring Cronus, Genesis and Skaar to life.

khanvalescent
02-28-2010, 01:55 AM
I don't know if I'll be able to watch it. I have many a happy childhood memory of watching the original Clash of the Titans on TBS at least twice a day.

Dragonomine
02-28-2010, 02:10 AM
I won't see it in theaters unless the kids are into it, but I'm sure I'll get ahold of a DVD at some point. Absolutely loved the original.

Jehann
02-28-2010, 02:11 AM
The original was a great movie.

oohhkay ... Clash of the Titans and "great movie" are not two phrases that one comes across in the same sentence all that often. :rolleyes:

Azraelswrd
02-28-2010, 02:54 AM
The original was a fun movie but stop-motion effects and major liberties with the Persean mythology can only go so far. I wasn't a fan of the robotic owl for example... :p

This one (from the trailers) reminded me a of cross between Troy and Avatar. Kraken looks badass though. I hope the remake can capture the atmosphere of tension during the Medusa act. That was my strongest memory of the original movie because of how he resolved the issue.

But it's hard to go wrong when you've go Qui-Gon as Zeus. :D

Dragonomine
02-28-2010, 03:22 AM
HAAHAA Okay, the metal owl was a bit much.

odysseuspike
02-28-2010, 03:30 AM
this movie was so much fun to watch as a kid.

Dragonomine
02-28-2010, 03:37 AM
Who doesn't love giant scorpions?

Wolverine1020
02-28-2010, 06:01 AM
How could you not have liked Bubo?
I hope it's in the new movie.

basiliko
02-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Sigh...Hades again is the bad guy in this movies...When will they stop making the gloomy guy a stereotypical bad guy already?

For the last time, Hades is the God of Underworld, not the God of War, Chaos, Darkness, or any evil association! Poor guy, he should have not chosen ruling the Underworld when he had the chance

Death of Rats
02-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Sigh...Hades again is the bad guy in this movies...When will they stop making the gloomy guy a stereotypical bad guy already?

For the last time, Hades is the God of Underworld, not the God of War, Chaos, Darkness, or any evil association! Poor guy, he should have not chosen ruling the Underworld when he had the chance

It's not like Hades was a good guy either. He did abduct Persephone.

The Lord of the Files
02-28-2010, 07:29 PM
It's not like Hades was a good guy either. He did abduct Persephone.

Abduction ranks pretty low on the misbehaviour scale in Greek mythology.

Compared to the other stuff that some of the Greek pantheon got up to, it's the equivalent of spitting on the sidewalk.

Of course, depending on which version you go with, he did a bit more than abduct her.

Death of Rats
02-28-2010, 07:35 PM

Compared to the other stuff that some of the Greek pantheon got up to, it's the equivalent of spitting on the sidewalk.

Of course, depending on which version you go with, he did a bit more than abduct her.

Yes, but there are children present.

The Lord of the Files
02-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Yes, but there are children present.

Which is why I refrained from elaborating. :)

basiliko
03-01-2010, 12:03 AM

Yep, lets not forget that the Big Daddy Zeus, his deeds are too much for the children to hear. Hades' act was really insignificant compared to what Zeus did

Exhibition #1: his numerous illegitimate lovers and childrens

Sir Drinksalot
03-01-2010, 12:23 AM
It's good to be the King.....

Seriously, when I watched this, I rooted for Kalibos (sp?). I felt he didn't get a fair share.

The Lord of the Files
03-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Yep, lets not forget that the Big Daddy Zeus, his deeds are too much for the children to hear. Hades' act was really insignificant compared to what Zeus did

Exhibition #1: his numerous illegitimate lovers and childrens

Whom he ATE.

Nelson
03-01-2010, 12:42 AM
I hope they put something into the plotline. Avatar is truly a bad picture when you think about it without all the fancy 3-D effects.

It ranks up there with one of the original "polarized" 3-D pics from the 50's-80's

Spacehunter - Adventures In The Forbidden Zone.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086346

(Of course it was intended to be a spoof of Sci-fi dime novels)

And yes kiddies 3-D Polarized movies have been around a very long time. Despite what James Cameron and gang claim.

Kisaoda
03-01-2010, 05:39 PM
oohhkay ... Clash of the Titans and "great movie" are not two phrases that one comes across in the same sentence all that often. :rolleyes:

Aww.. come now. Maybe 'great' isn't the best word. (Jason and the Argonauts was better, anyway.) Definitely a fun movie for sure. I mean, all those clay monsters running about? Ray Harryhausen was the genius of special effects in his day.

ZeoLedcross
03-01-2010, 06:45 PM
The original Clash of the Titans was a really great movie for its time. The Medusa pretty much scared the crap out of me the first time i saw her... (that's why i have a dislike of women who have curly hair). The Owl wasn't so bad. As i remembered its supposed to be a mechanical/magical messenger. Besides its good to be metal as the messenger needed to be very durable and sturdy.

Heck, this was waaay better than Dragonslayer which i almost slept through.

Erevis Cale
03-01-2010, 07:23 PM
The original Clash of the Titans was a really great movie for its time. The Medusa pretty much scared the crap out of me the first time i saw her... (that's why i have a dislike of women who have curly hair). The Owl wasn't so bad. As i remembered its supposed to be a mechanical/magical messenger. Besides its good to be metal as the messenger needed to be very durable and sturdy.

Heck, this was waaay better than Dragonslayer which i almost slept through.

Dragonslayer was bad, but has anyone here seen the movie Dungeon Master with the guy that played Bull in Night court? He plays the DM.

Death of Rats
03-01-2010, 08:30 PM
I really have an urge to watch the original now. And I guess we'll see in a month if the remake is any good.

Edit: And lucky me, the original is available for instant watching on Netfllix. Yay!

Kisaoda
03-02-2010, 02:40 PM
By the way, did you guys know that they're releasing the old CotT on Blu-Ray this month to promote the new release? Supposedly they've remastered it or some such. Touched it up.

I might check it out.