PDA

View Full Version : House scares the crap out of me

Dragonomine
02-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Watching the show House now. I don't watch it a lot, but I'll keep it there if there's nothing else on. And now I just have to say I am completely terrified of Doctors and hospitals. They have no idea what they're doing. They're just guessing. You get meds, make you feel good for a small amount of time and then all of a sudden you're puking blood and your lungs are filling with fluid. After 2 needless surgeries they find out you've got PMS and send you on your way.

Nafiza
02-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Watching the show House now. I don't watch it a lot, but I'll keep it there if there's nothing else on. And now I just have to say I am completely terrified of Doctors and hospitals. They have no idea what they're doing. They're just guessing. You get meds, make you feel good for a small amount of time and then all of a sudden you're puking blood and your lungs are filling with fluid. After 2 needless surgeries they find out you've got PMS and send you on your way.

LOL!!! I love House! It's really interesting for me to watch--but yeah, I dislike hospitals too lol~ same with doctors (explains why I haven't gone for a while) lol. Hahaha, if you really want to be creeped out watch Monsters Inside Me o.o~ dude that stuff always gets me so paranoid..

Jstar
02-28-2010, 01:14 AM
I prefer "Bones" I watched house a bit, and yea that will freak you out LOL

Azraelswrd
02-28-2010, 01:35 AM
This is why they say "ignorance is bliss". Doctors don't always have all the information they need to make a strong diagnosis but given the business and patient quality (how many cases in that show could be solved in 10 minutes if the patient was being honest? 90% 80%?) they make do with what they have.

That's not to say the doctors are complete morons with no sense of their surroundings -- but they do rely and trust the work of others to solve problems. Many are not trained to "think outside the box" when something weird comes before them. I've seen more than a few misdiagnoses as a result of doctors seeing a symptom and going in the wrong direction (which the show thrives on).

If nothing else, the show is a way to illustrate rare or unusual maladies that people may never have heard about but are much closer to them than they think. But we can't forget that it's still Hollywood so there is a lot of embellishment at times.

Dragonomine
02-28-2010, 01:41 AM
At least the Doctors and nurses were competent when "ER" was on TV. They just had crappy personal lives. LOL

Azraelswrd
02-28-2010, 01:44 AM
Well, there was that one doctor in ER who walked into that helicopter blade... I question his competency at that moment. :D

Dragonomine
02-28-2010, 01:47 AM
Well, there was that one doctor in ER who walked into that helicopter blade... I question his competency at that moment. :D

HAAHAA I missed that episode dang it!

Rin
02-28-2010, 02:02 AM

Rest easy. It's a show about doctors written by writers who are not doctors. Just like lawyer shows, they piss off doctors who watch them because of their gross inaccuracy in the name of telling a good story.

I can't watch lawyer shows for that reason, because all too often, I see them doing things that are just not done in real life. Everyone else enjoys the show, I just end up screaming at my TV.

Jaraxxis
02-28-2010, 02:39 AM
Rest easy. It's a show about doctors written by writers who are not doctors. Just like lawyer shows, they piss off doctors who watch them because of their gross inaccuracy in the name of telling a good story.

I can't watch lawyer shows for that reason, because all too often, I see them doing things that are just not done in real life. Everyone else enjoys the show, I just end up screaming at my TV.

^ this.

When my nurse of a wife loves this show... however she points out how some of those episode could never happened... since protocol states you need to do some tests which would of made the episode results in a better but boring for tv result.

They have to make it exciting by making them all ignore protocol!

odysseuspike
02-28-2010, 02:53 AM
watch it all the time

Truestep
02-28-2010, 08:20 AM
i like to watch House when I've got a cold or the flu.

As they struggle to defeat the horrible health disaster of the week, I can say to myself, "Yeah, I feel like crap, but at least I don't have THAT."

Degrinch
02-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Everyone else enjoys the show, I just end up screaming at my TV.

LMAO!! I know that feeling.