PDA

View Full Version : Great Manga to Read

Arctic Wolf
02-27-2010, 06:47 AM
Just wondering what type of manga my fellow Castle Agers.....currently reading

http://www.onemanga.com/The_World_God_Only_Knows/

awesome series atm......what can i say i like a romance every now and then...if you know anymore list em and also check mine out if your interested :)

Zidovain
02-27-2010, 06:55 AM
I read Claymore.. im waiting for season 2. when is it coming out? :rolleyes:

Arctic Wolf
02-27-2010, 07:00 AM

oh what type of manga is it? i remember my friend told me about it awhile ago but i forgot about it lol ;)

Spellfire
02-27-2010, 07:25 AM
I watch anime but only chasing bleach and naruto latest manga releases.

Seen Claymore anime... blood, guts, gore.... slash slash slash :D

Zidovain
02-27-2010, 07:39 AM
oh what type of manga is it? i remember my friend told me about it awhile ago but i forgot about it lol ;)

Like spellfire said -- blood, guts and slash!

The story runs deep and i dont find it boring at all. great plot, keeps you eager bout what will happen next.

I suggest you download season 1 and read the manga.

SomTheDead
02-27-2010, 07:45 AM
Excel Saga and Hellsing.

Barnie
02-27-2010, 07:54 AM

I thought Claymore's artist held some poll to see if fans wanted a 2nd season. Not sure what happened to it or if it's just trolling lol.

Anyways, I'm reading it too along with Dance in the Vampire Bund, Eden and Sekirei :D. Also waiting for High School of the Dead to come back from hiatus.

Hecklez
02-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Naruto

Bleach

One Peice

Fairy Tail

Darker than Black

Deadman Wonderland

Defense Devil

Histories strongest disciple

Needless

Liar Game

Psyren

Sekerei

Soul Eater

Wolf Guy

Zombie Loan

Battle Angel Alita

These are all the ones I keep current on. Adding the My Manga section to Onemanga was the best thing they have done. Its hard keeping track of all the different Mangas I read.

As far as anime, mostly just Naruto and Bleach currently.

Zidovain
02-27-2010, 08:23 AM
I thought Claymore's artist held some poll to see if fans wanted a 2nd season. Not sure what happened to it or if it's just trolling lol.

Anyways, I'm reading it too along with Dance in the Vampire Bund, Eden and Sekirei :D. Also waiting for High School of the Dead to come back from hiatus.

Everybody is calling for a season two.. problem is, the anime didnt follow the manga to the letter so there begins the problem.

Barnie
02-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Everybody is calling for a season two.. problem is, the anime didnt follow the manga to the letter so there begins the problem.

IIRC, that was the poll was for. That 2nd season that was proposed will disregard the independent path the 1st season took. I have no news about it for months now. I'll have to wait for the seasonal charts to see if one will be scheduled. :rolleyes:

Zidovain
02-27-2010, 08:49 AM
IIRC, that was the poll was for. That 2nd season that was proposed will disregard the independent path the 1st season took. I have no news about it for months now. I'll have to wait for the seasonal charts to see if one will be scheduled. :rolleyes:

That seems to be the case. but I hope season 2 comes out soon.. If you might have some updates on this do let me know. :D

Barnie
02-27-2010, 08:56 AM
That seems to be the case. but I hope season 2 comes out soon.. If you might have some updates on this do let me know. :D

Okay, I decided to google and found out that the poll is still ongoing. If it reaches 10000 by March 31st, season 2 will be on the way. The current count is 11914. :D

http://www.shomei.tv/project-752.html

Garland_042
02-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Im current reading:

Bleach
Berserk
Soul Eater

Zidovain
02-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Okay, I decided to google and found out that the poll is still ongoing. If it reaches 10000 by March 31st, season 2 will be on the way. The current count is 11914. :D

http://www.shomei.tv/project-752.html

Wonderful! thanks for the update. :D much appreciated!

BTW, the link you gave was all in Japanese.. cant understand a thing

Erevis Cale
02-27-2010, 01:44 PM
No one here watches or reads Death Note?

odysseuspike
02-27-2010, 02:07 PM
vampire hunter d
wish
basilisk
FLCL

odysseuspike
02-27-2010, 02:08 PM

i saw an episode than forgot about it
there was also a movie i think i told myself id go watch it but i forgot

Erevis Cale
02-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Death Note is one of the greatest animes and mangas ever made. IMO of course.

blaza192
02-27-2010, 03:07 PM

I do! I like how the anime was the exact same thing as the manga. I stopped on the 10th book I think and just watched the rest on the internet.

cahya_i
02-28-2010, 01:21 AM

I love deathnote, but didn't like the ending..

currently reading one piece and fairy tail, read bleach and naruto only if i remember because the story is far from good now

Rin
02-28-2010, 01:58 AM
I haven't read much manga recently. I've been watching a lot of anime, though.

* Baka to Test to Shokanju (friend of mine recommended it, but I haven't really started yet)
* Chu-Bra (just for ****s and giggles)
* Dance of the Vampire Bund (It would be better if it WERN'T "dance of the loli bund")
* Hanamaru Youchien (Could this be any cuter?)
* Kimi ni Todoke (I need some awkward romance some times, and it's sweet. Sawako! Ouen ****eiru yo!)
* Ladies vs. Butlers (hilarity combined with hawtness - again, I really wish they would leave out the lolies, even if she is supposedly 19.)
* Omamori Himari (Mm . . . hawties)
* Ookamikakushi (It's got a Higurashiesque feel to it, and quite interesting)
* To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (The first part of the story was good, and then there was ****ty filler, and now we're back on story again)

strife97
02-28-2010, 04:16 AM
Currently keeping up with

1/2 Prince
Ai Kora
AIKI
Alive - The Final Evolution
Ares
Bleach
Bloody Monday Season 2
Claymore
Code Breaker
D.Gray-Man
Detective Conan
Dogs - Bullets & Carnage
Dolls
D.N.Angel
Erementar Gerad
Erementar Gerad - Aozora no Senki
Fairy Tail
Fist of the North Star
Full Metal Alchemist
Girls Saurus DX
Hand x Red
Hayate the Combat Butler
Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Hunter X Hunter
Kamen Teacher
Karin
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Mahou Sensei Negima!
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Naruto
New Prince of Tennis
No Bra
Otaku no Musume-san
Perfect Girl Evolution
Psyren
Soul Eater
Team Medical Dragon
The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer
The World God Only Knows
Until Death Do Us Part
xxxHolic
Zero - Circle of Flow
Zero No Tsukaima
Zettai Karen Children

Ones that I've completed recently or just remember (or just never get updated =/)

+Anima
666 Satan
Ane Doki
Ayu Mayu
Bastard!!
Bitter Virgin
Black Cat
Blue Dragon - Ral Grado
D-ASH
Death Note
Dragon Half
Elfen Lied
Fire Candy
FLCL
Gash Bell
Genshiken
Girls Saurus
Inuyasha
Metroid
Mx0
Prince of Tennis
Rurouni Kenshin
School Rumble
School Rumble Z
Shina Dark (hasn't been updated in forever =/)
to-LOVE-ru
Zero

Series I've been meaning to catch up to (either haven't started or stopped for whatever reason)

20th Century Boys
21th Century Boys (technically read this cuz it was short but didn't read the first part lol)
Air Gear (ditched it after a while but might go back to it some day)
Bamboo Blade (started on it)
Berserk (started on it)
Black God
Captain Tsubasa
Chrono Crusade (started on it)
Darker Than Black
Eureka Seven
Eyeshield 21
Fruits Basket (started on it)
Full Metal Panic (started on it)
Gintama (can't find ALL the chapters, had to jump around a bit =/)
Hellsing (started on it)
Ichigo 100% (almost finished it)
Lucu Lucu (started on it)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
One Piece (started on it)
Sekirei (started on it)
Sexy Commando Gaiden Sugoiyo! Masaru-san (started on it)
Sketchbook (almost caught up)
Tales of the Abyss (started on it)
Vampire Knight

And those are just the ones I remember while going down the OneManga list, I know I forgot the names of a few....list seems a bit long >_> lol

solkyro
02-28-2010, 05:39 AM
saint seiya
eyeshield 21

brendejasRodeoClown
03-01-2010, 12:35 AM
anders manga? :confused: :D

Angelo
03-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Ikigami - http://www.onemanga.com/Ikigami/

You will cry every 3 chapters.

Also, Seinen > Shonen

EDIT- Also been reading Addicted to Curry, Vagabond and Blade of the Immortal recently. The latter of the three being pretty funny- guy is an immortal swordsman... who's bad at swordplay so he loses all the time. Winds up having to carry severed body parts around. Good times. Only shonen manga I read is Fairy Tail, which has been exceedingly boring ever since the Edras arc started.

Deltacross
03-02-2010, 01:29 AM
I love deathnote, but didn't like the ending..

currently reading one piece and fairy tail, read bleach and naruto only if i remember because the story is far from good now

Well what did you expect to happen? Lol, I would agree though. It made me feel like they rushed it and just threw something in in order to end it. The show was built up around these intellectual battles....so I guess they worked themselves into a corner in figuring out how to end it well.

I saw the first live action movie, and it was pretty good. There were a couple parts in the show that was covered during the movie that I think was actually better done (in the movie I mean). I haven't seen the second or third ones yet, but they're on my list. I read one of the books that came out....I think it was called Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases. That was good.

Daenerys Targaryen
03-02-2010, 01:43 AM
Claymore- there should be a second season. Doesn't matter if it followed the manga, make some new story up. As for the other manga/anime... I think everyone pretty much covered everything. Lol. Alchino is good though, don't know if it was mentioned...

Hiki
04-14-2013, 03:22 AM
I see there is no Shingeki no Kyojin (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/). It's good, try it. And the anime is airing now.
Other than that I don't remember what else to recommended. Maybe I will add some later. [Anyone read light novel? SAO and Accel World is awesome :D ]

kenster
04-14-2013, 08:05 AM
404 not found

yep, definitely the most adult oriented manga I have read so far.

Hiki
04-14-2013, 03:49 PM
What kind of adult theme that you are looking for in manga? There is a manga with divorce theme and looking for a new partner-in-life or manga about life on prison [which is too real even for me] or manga about philosophy of life like is murder or everything that can be gray between.
Maybe you will like this one? (http://www.mangareader.net/hideout) <--- Somehow I have a feeling you don't like manga that doesn't have surrealism look on it so this is the only one that I can think right now that fit. Btw, they say Insidious should have sequel soon? I look forward to it
:D