PDA

View Full Version : Fictional Book Writing Challenge

Mega-Douche
02-25-2010, 10:35 PM
I CHALLENGE EVERYONE/anyone TO A FICTIONAL BOOK WRITING CHALLENEGE. And what I mean is this... you and I, we are going to write a book (not as a team, two individual books). There will be a time limit. Whoever writes the best book takes the day. Here are the rules...

1) you have to seriously challenge me. This means you have to be devoted to challenging me, none of that joking around balderdash that you kids always do.

2) we agree upon a genre. Sci. fi., medieval, historical fiction, ANY fiction, any time period, it's on like Donkey Kong

3) we agree upon a time limit. Could be a few days to a few weeks. I'm thinking 3 weeks max.

4) we agree on a biased OR unbiased means to see who wins. This could be a selected judge, a group of people, e-book ratings, whatever. Doesn't matter. We find a way and we DO IT because WE ARE AWESOME.

5) you can think of other rules if you want. No plagiarism though.

So if any of you guys have been wanting to write a book, but do not have enough determination, this is your ticket. I'm going to beat your ass. You can even use a book you already started, I don't mind-I am still going to win.

END

Kisaoda
02-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Talk about motivation, yo. I'm actually pondering this.

Are we talkin' full 300-500 page novel, novella, or so long as it's a coherent story from beginning to end?

Mega-Douche
02-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Talk about motivation, yo. I'm actually pondering this.

Are we talkin' full 300-500 page novel, novella, or so long as it's a coherent story from beginning to end?

I'm thinking full 300-500 give-or-take, but it's whatever you want buddy. Just know that I am going to beat your ass.

Kisaoda
02-25-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm thinking full 300-500 give-or-take, but it's whatever you want buddy. Just know that I am going to beat your ass.

You know, when you highlight the word beat in red... I don't know if it's some homoerotic subconscious swing of mine, but that just makes the entirety of your threat somewhat funny. :D

Mega-Douche
02-25-2010, 11:04 PM
You know, when you highlight the word beat in red... I don't know if it's some homoerotic subconscious swing of mine, but that just makes the entirety of your threat somewhat funny. :D

Good, you understand my meaning. Are we going to do this or what?

sarie
02-25-2010, 11:08 PM
How about I scan one of my textbooks, submit that, and win from boring everyone from the non-fiction? Heeheehee

I guess that would break to many rules.

Douche, if I were a writer or had the time, I would enter just so you had some competition to try and beat. As it is, the best you can get from me is some sort of amalgamation of my term papers, studying and labs.... I wish this curse on no one. So I am going to wish you all some luck!

oh, and have you ever done NaNoWriMo? Or something like that, my sister was working on it before.

Mega-Douche
02-25-2010, 11:09 PM
How about I scan one of my textbooks, submit that, and win from boring everyone from the non-fiction? Heeheehee

I guess that would break to many rules.

Douche, if I were a writer or had the time, I would enter just so you had some competition to try and beat. As it is, the best you can get from me is some sort of amalgamation of my term papers, studying and labs.... I wish this curse on no one. So I am going to wish you all some luck!

As if I don't have term papers, lab write-ups, and studying. I'm a bio-major with a liability (full-time, in-home girlfriend) and I have a part-time job. I'd still beat your ass.

sarie
02-25-2010, 11:17 PM
As if I don't have term papers, lab write-ups, and studying. I'm a bio-major with a liability (full-time, in-home girlfriend) and I have a part-time job. I'd still beat your ass.

HEEEYYY! I'm bio too! :]

Except I live with roommates and my boyfriend is back home... >.< You would beat my ass, I'm not an author. Maybe I'll write the next twilight and make millions from it? Muahahaha :eek:

Mega-Douche
02-25-2010, 11:20 PM
HEEEYYY! I'm bio too! :]

Except I live with roommates and my boyfriend is back home... >.< You would beat my ass, I'm not an author. Maybe I'll write the next twilight and make millions from it? Muahahaha :eek:

Yes. Twilight and Harry Potter are perfect examples of selling out. It's easy.

Bio majors are dorks.

I have roommates too, one just so happens to sleep in the same bed as me. Sometimes I sleep on the couch. I sleep on the couch a lot actually. I don't know why.

sarie
02-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Buy you bedmate a crap load of chocolate. Do make comments about the chocolate giving her a large ass... in fact. Do not make comments about her weight and/or body unless it is to compliment her. Say things such as "you're so beautiful" or "I really like that shirt on you" omit the "it really gives you great cleavage" from that sentance though. You will have a bed to sleep in slightly more. :]

Dragonomine
02-26-2010, 12:08 AM
I've started a dozen books. Never finished. lol ADD

Vinc3
02-26-2010, 01:34 AM
Write a book?

I've got three tabs open on these forums with a Reply to Thread.
I can barely finish one out of three things I am writi...

wyer
02-26-2010, 02:41 AM
I've started a dozen books. Never finished. lol ADD

Dragonomine do you really have ADD? Asking because I DO. and I wondered if you really do or if you are just joking around.

Dragonomine
02-26-2010, 03:09 AM
Dragonomine do you really have ADD? Asking because I DO. and I wondered if you really do or if you are just joking around.

PM coming at you.

Abysmal Alan
02-26-2010, 07:24 AM
I can't wait for someone to challenge MD to writing Happy Potter slash pR0n.

Mega-Douche
02-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Is there no one willing to take this challenege?! Hahahaha, I have won already it seems.

Long Live King Mega-Douche!

Sukra
07-22-2014, 03:21 PM
you guys are old-timer

Archangel Σ
07-22-2014, 04:01 PM
Ok, so.....who won?

Sukra
07-22-2014, 04:12 PM
we need to relive this...and then choose some peeps to judge

kenster
07-22-2014, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna write a fantasy novel of approx 600 pages before the end of August, who would like to read it. It's about two families, one is honorable and the other is rich and evil. The brother and sister of the rich family are ****ing each other and have spawn three kids, of which the sister's husband, a fat king, knows nothing about.

This thing basically writes itself.

Sukra
07-22-2014, 06:05 PM
:eek: :eek: ...that's purely fiction