PDA

View Full Version : Being Chained and Complaining here...

Parablue
02-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Been wondering about this, and i jus don't get it!! Saw a couple of threads where some are complaining here about being chained..
I was jus chained by someone hiding below health, and invited a challenge with that person by PM. Yahhh, why are people complaining here about being chained, yet don't go confront the person who chain them themselves??? Won't that be better than complaining on the forums and trying to win sympathy???

Dave O
02-25-2010, 03:11 PM
and ... ??? You didn't finish the story! What happened next?

Did they respond?
if so, Did they accept?
if so, What was the final outcome?

Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

Parablue
02-25-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm still waiting for the answer! :D

Dave O
02-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Then so am I! :cool:

(You may have to "mark" 'em and check back now and again to catch 'em when they are "active". If they are hiding, they probably don't have much in the way of Defense -- just make sure you are getting more BP than you are giving in the exchange.)

newcar
02-25-2010, 03:41 PM
From what i've read on these forums, most people who "confront their attacker" tend to get chained double time. I'm also looking forward to the response. I hope it goes well for you.

Dave O
02-25-2010, 04:07 PM
From what i've read on these forums, most people who "confront their attacker" tend to get chained double time. I'm also looking forward to the response. I hope it goes well for you.

True -- certainly how "wars" get started eh?

But to offer a bit of encouragement ...

I've only had one encounter that chained me (most lose so don't attack more than twice). As, I'm a defensive build, I had a "theory" that anyone my level who could break my defense -- probably had very little of their own ... and I was anxious to "test" that theory in practice. So, I attacked him back ... and won a ton of BP -- he noticed my attack and retaliated, winning (as he had before) but I was losing "0" BP in the exchange. I healed back up and went after him again, and again was rewarded with a ton of BP. He didn't heal after that one (probably noticed he was losing even when he won), and we never crossed paths again.

But, the important thing is to make sure you are winning BP in the exchange -- otherwise your Stamina is best used elsewhere I'm thinking.

Parablue
03-09-2010, 05:41 PM
He never answered... probably hiding from PMs too!!!:p

Rheannan
03-09-2010, 06:12 PM
From what i've read on these forums, most people who "confront their attacker" tend to get chained double time.

I've messaged a few people about what I thought was excessive, and haven't had any problems at all thereafter. It's like with anything really, if you're nice about it then the other person may be more inclined to be nice about it also.

dumac89
03-09-2010, 10:40 PM
well for now i'd say confront them nicely about it. if that doesn't work it depends what your stats are like. if your more aggressive i'd say wait for them to go asleep so their health goes up then hit them hard. if your defensive throw everything into defense.

XxRyanxX
03-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Why should he accept your challenge when he can just pop out whenever he wants, kill you, hide again, then giggle at you??..believe me..its fun.

Muscle_Mike
03-10-2010, 01:28 AM
I don't lose a lot, but the few times players have chained me I just chained them back and they realize they're losing BPs and back off. Kind of a lost cause to keep hitting me for 3 BPS while I'm hitting them back for 12.

Draconus
03-10-2010, 02:00 AM
True -- certainly how "wars" get started eh?

But to offer a bit of encouragement ...

I've only had one encounter that chained me (most lose so don't attack more than twice). As, I'm a defensive build, I had a "theory" that anyone my level who could break my defense -- probably had very little of their own ... and I was anxious to "test" that theory in practice. So, I attacked him back ... and won a ton of BP -- he noticed my attack and retaliated, winning (as he had before) but I was losing "0" BP in the exchange. I healed back up and went after him again, and again was rewarded with a ton of BP. He didn't heal after that one (probably noticed he was losing even when he won), and we never crossed paths again.

But, the important thing is to make sure you are winning BP in the exchange -- otherwise your Stamina is best used elsewhere I'm thinking.

I had a few back before my army grew much. They would invade and win, I would duel and win. Equal battle rank so we both made good points from the exchange. Had a nice ongoing conversation with one even as we battled back and forth lol. About the time my army grew large enough to handle his invasion he joined my army lol. Another was the opposite, He could beat me dueling but I could invade him at will. He is also in my army now. Now, every now and again someone beats me, I just go get me some payback and usually profit from it. What I can't beat now, I will eventually unless they go into perpetual hiding.

Zirah
03-10-2010, 02:54 AM
Why should he accept your challenge when he can just pop out whenever he wants, kill you, hide again, then giggle at you??..believe me..its fun.

thats why i love to hunt WALL BUILDS! +1 heheheh

Dennismania
03-10-2010, 03:04 AM
Chaining is just part of the game, we just to accept that.

I have been chain since day 1 of playing CA and I have my fair share of chainging people back as well.

And most rewarding of all if that I made a few good friends because of chaining. (We exchange mail and make peace after we chain one another for a few days).

It's a games, rather than getting fustrated over it, why not just enjoy it. :)

Dave O
03-10-2010, 03:26 AM

How would you even know before attacking what sort of "build" your opponent is? The only time you will "know" it was a "WALL" is when you bounce off of it ... and this is what you hunt????

Ain't nobody ever come back for more of me ... :cool:

Parablue
03-10-2010, 06:43 AM
I will seriously luv to have these thread put out links of all these 'hiders(pussies)', that will be great, they can hide, but they can never hide forever, the moment they recover their health, there are tons of eyes marking them, the moment they recover, they are dead!! HAHA!!!
They are like those childhood prankster that comes out from nowhere, hit you with a ruler, then run away and hide somewhere so you can't find them. Reminds me of my younger years!!!

Rheannan
03-10-2010, 07:32 AM

Why would they hide?

Or perhaps a better question is, why would you even go after them?