PDA

View Full Version : New Deadpool Flick - Your thoughts?

Angelo
02-23-2010, 01:46 PM
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs389.snc3/23722_1386368139013_1226326506_1142817_3431540_n.j pg

http://deadpool-movie-trailer.blogspot.com/

Personally I'm pretty excited. Say what you will about Ryan Reynolds and about DPs role in Origins (last 1/3rd of the movie, ugh, no thanks) but I thought the actual writing for DP was spot on, as was Ryan Reynolds portrayal. Even if they have him unmasked. And even if they don't include the scarring-mutation that allows for his rediculous regenerative powers but is supposed to leave him hideously disfigured... I can live with that, I guess. My only hope is that they have him break the fourth wall a little more in this movie than they did in Origins.

Still, extremely excited.

Your thoughts?

odysseuspike
02-23-2010, 03:04 PM
aggreed the right actor but i felt they should of had him all scars i read the comic books all the time when i was a kid......... till my brother lent them to a douche friend of his :(

Angelo
02-23-2010, 05:11 PM
I understand why they didn't have him masked, though. Ryan Reynolds is a hottie, and his face pulls in the bux. Whereas take Hugo Weaving playing V in V for Vendetta- great actor, great role but nobody really knows who Hugo Weaving is, so it wasn't that big of a deal that he was masked the whole movie.

They could at least stick to the rest of the costume though. Like I went into Origins late and knowing nothing about it and didn't even realize it was Deadpool for a while lol.

odysseuspike
02-23-2010, 05:15 PM
yeah i agree but you know they always change the look of the characters i understand wolverine but not deadpool it would still look like a normal outfit
lame that they change so much

Azraelswrd
02-23-2010, 09:17 PM
I hope they know what they're doing. I've learned long ago never to go into a CB movie and expect them to be even close to the source. Superman throwing super plastic wrap? Batman blowing up Axis Chemicals and strafing main street Gotham while tossing goons down the bell tower? Nicholas Cage pretending to be Johnny Blaze???????? Elektra with OCD? Blade actually allowing himself to be partnered up with Jessica Biel (or that horrid version of the Nightstalkers)? Hulk vs Absorbing Dad? Galactus the giant gas cloud? Judge Dredd making out with Judge Hershey or trying to convince us that Armand Assante looked like Stallone????????????

....lower those expectations and enjoy the ride.

(yeah, I'm a big Dreddhead so that movie was full of drokk and stomm)

odysseuspike
02-23-2010, 10:03 PM
ghost rider was a complete load of crap... :mad: i had already know it would suck but i didnt expect it to blow so hard

LOK_the_great
02-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Love deadpool. Not much hope for this, though. Seems Hollywood loves to **** on my childhood :P

JinnTolser
02-24-2010, 03:05 AM
I love the comic up above. That guy totally had it coming. :D

I didn't watch the Wolverine movie because all three X-Men movies were horrible. Azraelswrd is dead-on about how bad most comic book films are, but those were worse than most. One of these days I'll check the Wolverine movie out just out of curiosity though.