PDA

View Full Version : Figth resolution.

Zoltic
02-21-2010, 06:20 PM
I started Role Play when I was 14 years old. Now I am 54. You see I am not exactly a neewby in this domain.
I would like to know how are calculated the results of fights.

For the begining we will do simple : Duel

We have :
The attack and the defence of the attacking player APA and APD
The attack and the defence of the general used by this player : AGA and AGD
The attack and the defence of the items used by general : AIA and AID

Same things for the defender : DPA, DPD, DGA, DGD, QDA, DID

We can forget the "lucky factor" for now, this will not change the formula.

Do you use the system : One calculus to touch, and if touched, one calculus to wound ? Or other system ?

With the elements above, what is the formula to compute who win, who loose, how many damage points, how many experience points,....... ?

But....... This is not so easy because I see that, with this or this general, some "little" things change :
Zarevok level 2 : While equipped, increases Player Attack by 10 against monsters
Shino level 3 : While equipped, increases Player Defense by 3
Edea level 2 : While equipped, damage received is reduced by 2

And so on...

So it seems it is not only : "100% of attack + 70% of defence" I saw somewhere in a tuto.

Maybe could it be better to do answer more global by writing a special "post" than by writing here. Because after this, there will be the formula for "invade" and the effect of the Elite Guard in fight.
And finnaly I'll ask you : How are choosed the soldiers ? From strongest to weakest ? How do you compute who is the strongest ? And the items used ? Stronger items to stronger soldiers ?

Thank you y advance.

PS: Sorry for my poor english, I'm french and as all the frenchies, don't really speak other langage than mine. :)

Firestorm
02-22-2010, 02:25 AM
I started Role Play when I was 14 years old. Now I am 54. You see I am not exactly a neewby in this domain.
I would like to know how are calculated the results of fights.

For the begining we will do simple : Duel

We have :
The attack and the defence of the attacking player APA and APD
The attack and the defence of the general used by this player : AGA and AGD
The attack and the defence of the items used by general : AIA and AID

Same things for the defender : DPA, DPD, DGA, DGD, QDA, DID

We can forget the "lucky factor" for now, this will not change the formula.

Do you use the system : One calculus to touch, and if touched, one calculus to wound ? Or other system ?

With the elements above, what is the formula to compute who win, who loose, how many damage points, how many experience points,....... ?

But....... This is not so easy because I see that, with this or this general, some "little" things change :
Zarevok level 2 : While equipped, increases Player Attack by 10 against monsters
Shino level 3 : While equipped, increases Player Defense by 3
Edea level 2 : While equipped, damage received is reduced by 2

And so on...

So it seems it is not only : "100% of attack + 70% of defence" I saw somewhere in a tuto.

Maybe could it be better to do answer more global by writing a special "post" than by writing here. Because after this, there will be the formula for "invade" and the effect of the Elite Guard in fight.
And finnaly I'll ask you : How are choosed the soldiers ? From strongest to weakest ? How do you compute who is the strongest ? And the items used ? Stronger items to stronger soldiers ?

Thank you y advance.

PS: Sorry for my poor english, I'm french and as all the frenchies, don't really speak other langage than mine. :)

Attack: 100% Attack + 70% Defense
Defense: 70% Attack + 100% Defense

for Duel, you will need to take note of the followings:
- your Attack and Defense
- your Elite Guard (+11 Attack, +11 Defense for 8 of them)
- General
- Weapon
- Off-Hand
- Helmet
- Armor
- Amulet
- Spell
- Glove

at higher level, almost everyone will have the top items and generals and in the end your personal stats is the deciding factor.

for invasion,
- your Attack and Defense
- your Elite Guard (+11 Attack, +11 Defense for 8 of them)
- army size
- soldiers
- weapons
- equipment
- spells

assuming each soldier uses Phoenix, Battle and Steel Plate
attack = 31.2 (Phoenix) + 4 (Battle Axe) + 4.8 (Steel Plate) = 40
501 x 40 = 20040
400 x 40 = 16000
300 x 40 = 12000
200 x 40 = 8000
100 x 40 = 4000
1 x 40 = 40

you should have an army of 501 if possible.
if not, you need to have 20000 stats points in Attack/Defense more than your opponent to defeat them.

Zoltic
02-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Thank you for this answer. Clear and quick.

If I understand well, when I read :
"while equiped increase the Player attack by 10"
is exactly same thing than :
"while equiped increase his attack by 10"

Why not....

There is only 2 questions without answer :

How are computed the damages to be influenced by some or some "general" ?Is it by "rolling dices" or another methode ?

How are choosed the players I see, and I can fight, when I go to the battle scrreen ?

Firestorm
02-22-2010, 08:37 AM
is exactly same thing than : "while equiped increase his attack by 10"

Heroes only grant their special ability when they are the active Hero.
e.g. Mercedes' special ability
"While equipped, gain 5% more income from your properties when you collect every hour."
it only work while Mercedes is the active Hero.

How are computed the damages to be influenced by some or some "general" ?Is it by "rolling dices" or another methode ?

only the active Hero's special ability is used.
there are no rolling of dice. combat is based on stats, not luck.

How are choosed the players I see, and I can fight, when I go to the battle scrreen ?

each player's bracket is determined by their level. roughly +/- 10 levels until you reach the gauntlet.

the gauntlet has not level cap.
you enter the soft gauntlet at level 80. anyone can attack you if they can find your keep but you won't appear in the higher level player's radar.

TanithTT
02-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Thank you for this answer. Clear and quick.

If I understand well, when I read :
is exactly same thing than :
"while equiped increase his attack by 10"

This is more important for invasions than duels. It is your attack which is increased. This will then be multiplied by the size of your army. So, if you have an army of 501 when that general is selected it will increase your total attacking value by 10 x 501 = 5010. If it was the general's attack which was increased, you would only be adding 10 points to your total attacking value for the invasion.

Zoltic
02-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Thank you Firestorm, just a little thing I saw in a tuto the formula with 70% and so on + %luck.
It is for this I spoke about dice. And why not, there is always a piece of luck in all human actions. Napoléon said : A good general must be lucky.

Thank you too TanithTT, sure this precision was very important. That show me it is not necessary, for me, to try complicated organisation with my so small army. :) Till last week, half of my army was bougth from the oracle. :)

Firestorm
02-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Thank you Firestorm, just a little thing I saw in a tuto the formula with 70% and so on + %luck.
It is for this I spoke about dice. And why not, there is always a piece of luck in all human actions. Napoléon said : A good general must be lucky.

Thank you too TanithTT, sure this precision was very important. That show me it is not necessary, for me, to try complicated organisation with my so small army. :) Till last week, half of my army was bougth from the oracle. :)

luck is minimal in this game.

when you attack a Dragon, your attacks deal roughly the same amount of damage, +/- 30 or so. the same thing probably applies to invasion/duel.