PDA

View Full Version : Change of battle weapons

michael shrek
09-23-2009, 02:38 AM
I think we use the items with best attacking values when invading and best defending values for defense. but the following items used in my last invasion.

Holy Avengers x1
Elven Plates x1
Dragonbanes x28
Gladiator Swords x100
Berserker Amulets x2
Avenger Amulets x4
Berserker Platemails x1
Steel Plates x211
Avenger Platemails x1
Berserker Shields x1
Battle Axes x151

steel plates and avenger platemails have higher order than battle axes. so does it mean the total of att/def values are used instead of just att values ????

sir coquealot
09-23-2009, 11:52 AM
I just attacked on the battle page and found my battle axes and flame bows have been replaced by steel plates. any ideas?

tsukiyomi
09-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Exactly the samething happened here. The defense items are chosen when im on the offensive.......hmm :o

sir coquealot
09-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Must be a glitch, or they have changed the parameters regarding att/def stats when battling.

Jehann
09-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Is it best att+def now? Cause that's what I think I'm seeing.

Mursilis
09-23-2009, 12:28 PM
That does seem to be how the items are choosen now, best combined attack/defense. Case in point I have 500 Battle Axes, yet this is what I use when attacking.

Your Army of 501 fought with

Items

Lionheart Plates x1 (10/25)
Holy Avengers x1 (12/12)
Amulet of the Tempests x1 (10/11)
Lionheart Shields x1 (7/15)
Moonfall Maces x1 (8/11)
Amulet of Cefkas x1 (6/12)
Lionheart Blades x1 (8/7)
Robes of the Tempests x1 (7/8)
Commanders Battle Plates x1 (7/7)
Angelic Crowns x1 (7/7)
Dragonbanes x5 (5/5)
Lionheart Helms x1 (4/6)
Tempest Shields x1 (4/6)
Gladiator Swords x1 (5/4)
Berserker Amulets x2 (5/4)
Staff of the Tempests x1 (4/2)
Berserker Platemails x1 (4/2)
Steel Plates x479 (2/4)

Steel Plates are taking over for the Battle Axes since they have a combined value (attack + defense) of 6 over the 4 from Battle Axes. Whether the attack and defense values are used in the battle calculation itself is another matter, testing would be needed to determine that. I can't say if the same is happening for magic as I don't have 501 so I bring it all anyway.

Jehann
09-23-2009, 12:31 PM
The real question is, is this a permanent change that will affect strategy, or just a temporary glitch?

It seems like a real trade-off - ditch the plates to pull up the battle axes, but leave yourself weaker when defending.

Justintime
09-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Battling this morning I noticed that when attacking someone my steel plates were showing up on my battle manifest but not (or instead of) my battle axes. Axes are 4/0 while Steel plates are 2/4 so I was wondering what the computer is looking for when it assigns weapons for a given situation. I was under the impression that it chose the best 'offensive' weapons when attacking and, likewise, the best defensive when defending. Is this not right?
It looks as if the computer is totaling an over-all 'combat value' for each item based on both att and def. If that's the case I don't have a problem with it other than the fact that I spent $360 million on battle axes that aren't being used.... I can always sell em off and buy other stuff tho. If someone could advise me I'd appreciate it.
Thanks...
Armus

sir coquealot
09-23-2009, 12:39 PM
i assume we can sell the battle axes now since they are redundant.

Mursilis
09-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Oh I definitely would NOT sell anything as of yet. This could be a bug, or it could be intentional. But for now I'd keep all your current items until some testing can be done to ensure if there is any change in the actual battle formula. That and wait a few days anyway to ensure nothing else changes, you don't want to sell items to find out in a few days you need to buy them back.

sir coquealot
09-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Yes I think those are wise words. But if it is going to be the case that weapons will count combined att/def, for new players the steel plate will be there first choice, its only slightly dearer than the battle axe, but will have 2 extra stats both in defence and attack... interesting times.:cool:

Punkle
09-23-2009, 05:58 PM
My Battle Axes are in use ;) And also the SteelPlates :)

So do *not* sell anything yet unless devs will say something about the battle been changed.

Punkle
09-23-2009, 06:10 PM
As long as all your bestitems are used, the way they are listed on the battlestat doenst matter. It does change form time to time in what order the items are listed.

Mai-Ria
09-28-2009, 08:22 PM
thank you for that I was confused but I am easily confused :confused:

Quintus Fabius Maximus
10-01-2009, 09:39 PM
What was the conclusion on this? Is it a glitch or are the battle axes not worth the metal they were forged from?

It seems to favor the highest number regardless of attack points and defense points when attacking... so, it adds the numbers?

e.g.

Weapon 1 = 7ap/0dp

Weapon 2 = 5ap/3dp

In this case it would pick weapon 2 on attack since it has a total of 8?? That just doesn't make alot of sense, hehe

Mursilis
10-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Seems to be the case atm. Makes sense actually, since when you go to battle you want to both inflict damage and take none yourself. So you'd need the best offense/defense you can get. That would be whichever item has the highest total value. Makes me glad I just bought 490 Commander Plates. :D

Punkle
10-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Dont know. Havent seen anything official yeet. But it does looks like Battle Axes are for wall decorations theese days, and the combined numbers are whats is used to pick "weapon" :P

Quintus Fabius Maximus
10-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Seems to be the case atm. Makes sense actually, since when you go to battle you want to both inflict damage and take none yourself. So you'd need the best offense/defense you can get. That would be whichever item has the highest total value. Makes me glad I just bought 490 Commander Plates. :D

Well, if thia is the case - then why assign attack and defense points at all? assign one combined point - war points!

I don't care if my weapon has 4 or 8 attack points if it's the combined attack and defense that count.

A weapon of 10ap/3dp will be used for defense too... and even ahead of a weapon with 1ap/10dp - that is messed up. I would rather use the 10dp when getting attacked than the one with 3dp.

Is it just me??? Or is this messed up?