PDA

View Full Version : dragon jumping, pick one battle and stick with it

traveller
09-23-2009, 12:26 AM
ok, i have to run this past everyone...........

whats your thoughts of having a new dragon and a few people taking a peak in to see the damage, attack once or twice and so somewheres else.

I dont like it one bit, if your going to commit to a dragon do so, if not stay way.

It makes it frustrating when you only have a few helpers and 15 doing 300 - 400 damage and never seen from again.

It is harder still when your attacking a Red Giant and come close, waste three days of your life for nothing.

Icefyre HD
09-23-2009, 12:33 AM
Also, I don't know if it's true or not, but everyone gets the rewards. How's it fair to have someone hit once for 91 pts, whilst everyone else is in the thousands/hundred thousands? Maybe we could let the dragon chew on them for a round or two? LOL

javaguru
09-23-2009, 12:36 AM
Also, I don't know if it's true or not, but everyone gets the rewards. How's it fair to have someone hit once for 91 pts, whilst everyone else is in the thousands/hundred thousands? Maybe we could let the dragon chew on them for a round or two? LOL

Everyone gets a reward but it's based on the damage you do.

Falco
09-23-2009, 12:51 AM
Not only that, but the FAQ claims the rewards are higher when the dragons are killed off more quickly. Non-attacking dead weight slows down the speed of the kill, so everybody's rewards go down.

That said, it also really sucks to start hitting a dragon only to find that nobody else is bothering to hit it, and there is just not enough time left to make a dent. It's even worse when the summoner isn't hitting very much and is sending lots of Call to Arms for their friends' dragons. I don't blame people for not wanting to waste stamina on lost causes.

The hit-and-runs should hopefully start diminishing now people are getting a better idea of how dragons work. And now that there's a chat feature, it can be used to remind people that hitting dragons more and killing dragons faster will result in better rewards: "The more total damage you do to the monster, the better chance you will have to get better rewards. Keep in mind the faster you kill the monster, the better chance you will have to get better rewards."

javaguru
09-23-2009, 02:08 AM
Not only that, but the FAQ claims the rewards are higher when the dragons are killed off more quickly. Non-attacking dead weight slows down the speed of the kill, so everybody's rewards go down.

That said, it also really sucks to start hitting a dragon only to find that nobody else is bothering to hit it, and there is just not enough time left to make a dent. It's even worse when the summoner isn't hitting very much and is sending lots of Call to Arms for their friends' dragons. I don't blame people for not wanting to waste stamina on lost causes.

The hit-and-runs should hopefully start diminishing now people are getting a better idea of how dragons work. And now that there's a chat feature, it can be used to remind people that hitting dragons more and killing dragons faster will result in better rewards: "The more total damage you do to the monster, the better chance you will have to get better rewards. Keep in mind the faster you kill the monster, the better chance you will have to get better rewards."

I have four IRL friends that are active and we're cooperating by sharing links to active dragons since we have a lot of the same people in our armies. Otherwise, those who aren't army memebers send a friend reqest and the friend player(s) send an e-mail recommending the addition of the dragon slayer party. :) Five active players, logging in every two hours, with 25+ stamina can make all the difference. Since we're friends iRL it's easy to coordinate.

I think anyone that hasn't attacked the dragon in 24 hours should automatically drop off the active player list and allow new blood in.

Lavender Moonlight
09-23-2009, 02:36 AM
Any ideas as to why I didn't get my reward? I slayed a dragon tonight and my final blow gave me over 5,000,000. It showed about thirteen rewards, ranging from energy potion to a vampire, to land. Everyone else seemed to have gotten quite a bit. Why would it show all of this as my reward and yet nothing shows on my page?

Thanks for your response...

miranda
09-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I help who need my help to kill a dragon and stuck with them till the end and done that twice and now on my 4th 2 of which killed a frost an gold now helping a friend with a red the other 2 dint get much backup with theres

slarew
09-23-2009, 07:59 PM
So how much damage does it take to kill each dragon?
We fought for three days landed a total of 539,998 damage to the Gold Dragon and the line did not even go to half way, it was about at a third. I have told, and many have joined me, because of the frustration and waste of stamina, to just ignore egg gifts and not make a dragon - I would like to know what the new parameter are on each Dragon-I refuse to fight a losing battle and I would rather use my stamina to get a higher rank, at least I have something to show for it.

The only dragon that anyone in my group has killed is a Frost Dragon. So how much damage has to be done to each dragon before it goes away?

I also have an issue with the hit and runs but that was in a different discussion. You say you have lowered the HP but what does that mean?

miranda
09-24-2009, 12:02 AM
Red Ancient Dragon

Damage Leaders:
Jen 143,353 dmg (Me)
Cribbyn 127,226 dmg
breeG 113,127 dmg
breeSam 103,080 dmg
Sullivyn 78,190 dmg
Adela 77,722 dmg
Yusef 72,497 dmg
Pranaya 35,845 dmg