PDA

View Full Version : Power Attack

Headless
09-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Interesting option. Just curious, what kind of results have people been getting?

In my own opinion, I'm not too impressed. Gold reward per hit is the same, XP reward seems to be 2-4 times more, but damage has been low. I average about 1800 damage, which is 200 less than I average using 1 stamina at a time.

I really like the idea, but the point I think should be do do MORE damage and not less with a power attack,

PawisBetlog
09-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Speaking for myself, I'll take the bit less damage and gold for a lot less clicking, waiting, and sometimes getting white screen.

midnight_aaron
09-22-2009, 11:01 PM
I wish I didn't do it. I only did 404 damage, but I got $7,740 and 16 experience, which was nice, but I really missed out on some damage. :(

titansarrow
09-22-2009, 11:01 PM
just saw 2300. i think it'll be a waste. with 5 stamina i've got 4k, but i've also only got 1200 before too. however, if you have 100 stamina, it could just be used as a quicker option lol

KFC
09-22-2009, 11:02 PM
I just hit one power attack ...only had 6 stamina

2300 damage, $600K, 30 exp. - not bad

My sanity thanks the devs for power attack.

tela
09-22-2009, 11:04 PM
You attacked The Ancient Red Dragon hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[2877]! The Ancient Red Dragon dealt 2 damage. Tracie helped Tela recover more gold from The Ancient Red Dragon. You received $1,200,000 and 29 experience.

jletcher18
09-22-2009, 11:10 PM
You attacked The Ancient Red Dragon hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[2203]! The Ancient Red Dragon dealt 4 damage. Anthony assisted Jack in the attack against The Ancient Red Dragon, earning them more experience. You received $1,074 and 52 experience.

not much gold but the 5 stamina for 52 ex is nice.

Trym
09-22-2009, 11:12 PM
You attacked The Frost Dragon hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[7171]! The Frost Dragon dealt 1 damage. Nice :D

tela
09-22-2009, 11:14 PM
You attacked The Frost Dragon hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[7171]! The Frost Dragon dealt 1 damage. Nice :D

wowzers, that's alotta damage! good one!:D

jletcher18
09-22-2009, 11:14 PM
wow,,,how much ex did u get Trym,,, im going to start keeping track and see if it is worth it in the long run

Trym
09-22-2009, 11:17 PM
24 I think or was it 32? I need to track that too. Don't think I have seen any demi points when doing the power attack.

Falco
09-22-2009, 11:18 PM
I saw the power attack button before I came here and saw this thread, and my initial reaction was "OMG! MUCH LOVE FOR POWER ATTACKS!! <3" I only got two power hits in, but they said:

Falco attacked The Ancient Red Dragon hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[2658]! The Ancient Red Dragon dealt 1 damage. Ian assisted Falco in the attack against The Ancient Red Dragon, earning them more experience.

Falco attacked The Ancient Red Dragon hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[2795]! The Ancient Red Dragon dealt 1 damage. Leesa assisted Falco in the attack against The Ancient Red Dragon, earning them more experience.

Maybe I just got very, very lucky twice in a row. I normally average 400 per hit. I also got $600K both times, which is better than the $490K-ish I would've received in separate 5-hit attacks. I'm probably missing out on demi points by doing this, but another thing to consider is this: with power attacks, people only need to click once instead of five times, meaning we're probably hitting the server only 20% as much, which might help reduce the white screens.

Luxor The Moonprince
09-22-2009, 11:22 PM
24 seconds ago:
Luxor the Moonprince landed a CRITICAL HIT on The Frost Dragon hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[5618]! The Frost Dragon dealt 1 damage.

Wow - I like that!

Mursilis
09-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Hhhmm, apparently I need 2 more stamina before I can play with that feature. :D

Punkle
09-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Like it.
You attacked The Emerald Dragon hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[2528]! The Emerald Dragon dealt 4 damage. Lord assisted Punkle by shooting a volley of arrows at The Emerald Dragon. You received $600,000 and 22 experience.

Got me three of those even with only 10 stamina :P

Starsview
09-23-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm liking it. I've gotten anywhere between 6-58 xp with a power attack. As for damage, it has averaged out about 100-200 more per attack then I had been getting with single hits. It is also very nice that the dragon only gets a single hit in. Also, as someone else mentioned, it is nice with high stam not having to keep on clicking the attack button.

Headless
09-23-2009, 12:48 AM
You're right, I think I wasn't giving it enough of a chance. My first hits ranged from 1500-2200, I think I was just unlucky. Since then I've gotten several above 3000 and one over 7000.

Ragnar
09-23-2009, 01:00 AM
You attacked The Frost Dragon hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[7171]!

I got that beat. :cool:

Ragnar landed a CRITICAL HIT on The Ancient Red Dragon hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[7648]! The Ancient Red Dragon dealt 1 damage.

I've been averaging 3,300 per 5 stamina, or 660 per 1, which is well above what I was averaging on single hits.

Darkal
09-23-2009, 01:59 AM
I got that beat. :cool:

Ragnar landed a CRITICAL HIT on The Ancient Red Dragon hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[7648]! The Ancient Red Dragon dealt 1 damage.

I've been averaging 3,300 per 5 stamina, or 660 per 1, which is well above what I was averaging on single hits.

My highest has been 6731, but overall I'm averaging about 50-75 points more per stamina used than single attacks. Plus averaging more $$ and Exp. I love it.

Luxor The Moonprince
09-23-2009, 02:09 AM
Now...

When can we have the "Power Hit" implemented into ordinary battles?

I want to get my kill # up when Dragon Fever has died down...

LOL... just imagine the look on the average "hiders" face if they implemented THAT!

McKnights
09-23-2009, 02:12 AM
wow,,,how much ex did u get Trym,,, im going to start keeping track and see if it is worth it in the long run

It is better, the average damage (taking that of all those listed on the recent list) was 367, times that by 5 and get 1,835, With the chances of the higher hits 6, 7K, it is worth it.............

My thoughts is this is now just another option in a point and click game, the old way you at least had to work on it, i think this is overkill

and i have seen XP's of 2 to 60's

Dark Lord Kelvin
09-23-2009, 02:45 AM
My thoughts is this is now just another option in a point and click game, the old way you at least had to work on it, i think this is overkill

I don't understand .. they implement something to make you have to click less, and you say the game is becoming *more* point and click <eyes-spinning> Huh?

Much love to the devs for saving my carpals (or whatever the mouse clickety version is)!

Darkal
09-23-2009, 03:29 AM
Now...

When can we have the "Power Hit" implemented into ordinary battles?

I want to get my kill # up when Dragon Fever has died down...

LOL... just imagine the look on the average "hiders" face if they implemented THAT!

That would too funny.:D

McKnights
09-23-2009, 04:23 AM
I don't understand .. they implement something to make you have to click less, and you say the game is becoming *more* point and click <eyes-spinning> Huh?

Much love to the devs for saving my carpals (or whatever the mouse clickety version is)!

Once again, you come in, click a mouse button, and you are done, i much rather earn what i do in a game, no offense, i like the idea of it, but it has taking out some of the enjoyment,

This is just me, i like the hard roads in games and will take them when i get a chance, with this option i might go in against a gold or red Dragon myself, just to test myself in being able to kill one, hope that makes sence

Kael
09-23-2009, 05:08 AM
You landed a CRITICAL HIT on The Emerald Dragon hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[7028]! The Emerald Dragon dealt 1 damage. You received $600,000 and 17 experience.

Rabisu
09-23-2009, 05:44 AM
Once again, you come in, click a mouse button, and you are done, i much rather earn what i do in a game, no offense, i like the idea of it, but it has taking out some of the enjoyment,

This is just me, i like the hard roads in games and will take them when i get a chance, with this option i might go in against a gold or red Dragon myself, just to test myself in being able to kill one, hope that makes sence

then don't use it? I see it as both a convenience for us and a save for the server (and the server issues, less clicking on our side means less server load on their side). But if you really want a challenge (and I don't see how clicking more buttons makes it more challenging) don't use it.

Caitir Eavan
09-23-2009, 06:42 AM
I'm loving it!
The rewards before were pretty predictable... same amount of gold each time, roughly the same xp each time, occasional demi points. Now I like to see what I get because I just can't tell before :) (plus, of course, I like doing that much damage at once!)

Angelus
09-23-2009, 07:47 AM
I have 60 stamina, and as soon as the power attack option was made live, i;ve been using it exclusively.

When i was doing individual attacks, i would avg 3-400 (with the very rare Critical Hit for 1k, and more commonly <200 dmg hits)

Using Power Attack i have been avg 2500+ with the occasional 4-7k hit.

Gold has been 600k on avg, and i have been getting anywhere between 20-60 xp.

My attack is 165 so maybe this does have something to do with the range in damages people are experiencing.

michael shrek
09-23-2009, 07:57 AM
I prefer using normal attacks. I can earn more demi-points than power attacks

Ursa
09-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Question - let's take this example:

"You attacked The Emerald Dragon hitting them for a Devastating amount of Damage[549]! The Emerald Dragon dealt 1 damage."

The first sentence is about the strength I hit the Dragon with. And this is what sum up at the Damage Leaders board.

The second sentence is about the Dragon damage from this hit. And this shows at the Dragon's health bar.

Right?

If so, then to kill Dragon faster it is better to use normal attack because the damage is the same for normal & power attack - 1-4 points but with power attack your stamina is used 5x faster.
But to get better rewards you need to be high at Leader board so if you have time and many friends who help it's better to use power attack.

And using normal attack gets you more chances for demi points but using power attack gives you more money & experience.

Am I right in this?

Anon
09-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Money must be based on how much you are currently earning every hour based on land ownership.

I get maybe 10k for every power attack. Of course I am level 69 and have been playing for 1 week so I don't own much land so I am guessing this has to be it since some of you are posting up in the millions for 1 power attack.

I have landed an attack of nearly 8k and got 58xp.

miranda
09-23-2009, 04:14 PM
You landed a CRITICAL HIT on The Ancient Red Dragon hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[7297]! The Ancient Red Dragon dealt 1 damage. You received $600,000 and 20 experience.

it will do me :) attack 5 stamina

Mursilis
09-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Question - let's take this example:

"You attacked The Emerald Dragon hitting them for a Devastating amount of Damage[549]! The Emerald Dragon dealt 1 damage."

The first sentence is about the strength I hit the Dragon with. And this is what sum up at the Damage Leaders board.

The second sentence is about the Dragon damage from this hit. And this shows at the Dragon's health bar.

The amount of damage you did to the dragon is in brackets, [549] in this example. That is the what sums up the leaderboard and also what is removed from the dragon's health. The second sentence is purely the damage the dragon did to you.

tela
09-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Money must be based on how much you are currently earning every hour based on land ownership.

I get maybe 10k for every power attack. Of course I am level 69 and have been playing for 1 week so I don't own much land so I am guessing this has to be it since some of you are posting up in the millions for 1 power attack.

I have landed an attack of nearly 8k and got 58xp.

Wow, that's fast. I think you are going to have fun when you hit level 80!

Aupherizon
09-23-2009, 06:04 PM
I have landed a few 7000+ and a few nearly 8000 criticals off this mode. I think it's great and it saves time. It is definitely worth it. I just wish it didn't give so much xp, but that's just part of the game. Don't want to level too quickly! Plus only having to click the button five times is worth it. With single clicks, I was lucky to go up 10,000 damage per session. Now I go up 15000 to 20000

Aupherizon
09-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Wow, that's fast. I think you are going to have fun when you hit level 80!

I agree with Tela... I've been playing a month or more and just reached level 50 slowly and with 20 mil and hour in land. I still need more money. But the playing is up to you. If that's what you want. Don't be surprised if you get a lot of losses after level 80. There's no way you ranked up that quick on just battles. I assume you are a quester? In that case you might not care... but this game is built more for battlers and dragon fighters!

Anon
09-23-2009, 06:11 PM
I agree with Tela... I've been playing a month or more and just reached level 50 slowly and with 20 mil and hour in land. I still need more money. But the playing is up to you. If that's what you want. Don't be surprised if you get a lot of losses after level 80. There's no way you ranked up that quick on just battles. I assume you are a quester? In that case you might not care... but this game is built more for battlers and dragon fighters!

I am a dueler. I am 1 item away from the dragon helm and I have the top General in the game. I am looking forward to level 80 actually. I currently have 80 stamina so I figure I will win more then lose on any given day as I can attack forever.

Ursa
09-23-2009, 08:28 PM
The amount of damage you did to the dragon is in brackets, [549] in this example. That is the what sums up the leaderboard and also what is removed from the dragon's health. The second sentence is purely the damage the dragon did to you.

Thanks for explaining. I thought I could understand something wrong :)

Luxor The Moonprince
09-23-2009, 08:40 PM
I am a dueler. I am 1 item away from the dragon helm and I have the top General in the game. I am looking forward to level 80 actually. I currently have 80 stamina so I figure I will win more then lose on any given day as I can attack forever.

I look forward to you duelling me then!

http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/keep.php?user=1031873124

SharronA
09-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Power Attack seems like a much richer haul, in $ and in XP, than single attack. Using it I've been able to level-up much faster than when I used single attack. In fact it seems almost too rich, too easy to grab lots of money and points. This IS supposed to be a pastime, isn't it?

Arkali
09-23-2009, 11:39 PM
Is Power Attack giving out Demi Points? I haven't seen any, but that may just be bad luck on my part. If not, I'll go back to regular attacks.

Falco
09-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Yes, I've received demi points from power attacks on three separate occasions so far, but they seem to happen much, much less frequently than demi points on regular attacks.

jmrissaved
09-24-2009, 12:01 AM
Anon, what is your battle rank? What level are you? what is stamina defense attack energy levels?

miranda
09-24-2009, 12:12 AM
iv'e recieved 3 maybe 4 demi point off power attacks but less than would when single attack

ninjagranny
09-24-2009, 02:04 AM
Weird - im getting different results to you lot in some respects - Im a newbie lowbie too so may have something to do with it .
Single atttacks are average 400 with 1 in 3 giving demi points and 10k ish cash
Power attacks are doing and average of 3000 with 1 in 5 getting demi points and getting about 30k - top hit so far was 7125
lvl 60 10mill per hour Leftenant commander

Anon
09-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Anon, what is your battle rank? What level are you? what is stamina defense attack energy levels?

Level 71, Rank 9 - Champion

Attack -- Offensive might 195
Defense -- Defense power 60
Max Energy -- Do more quests 80
Max Health -- Withstand attacks 100
Max Stamina -- Launch more attacks! (Cost 2) 80

Anon
09-24-2009, 05:20 PM
I look forward to you duelling me then!

http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/keep.php?user=1031873124

Believe me, once I hit level 158 I will murder you.