PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Question

mrwebb8825
02-17-2010, 07:26 AM
I'm pretty new to this game but I played against Gary Gygax at Treasure Island in Cali's 1st D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) Live Game contest. (players will know)
Anyway, I want to know, if I buy the Dragon, does it (he/she) go into battle with me during an Invade from the Battles page? If so, will it make a big difference against a larger army or will I still get trashed (my army is 2 :( )?

Thanks from an old-timer learning a new way :cool:

aczavius
02-17-2010, 07:42 AM
with an army of two, you realy don't want to be invading, and while invading is the only time you would bring in any army "units" now a dragon is a good unit, and if you only have foot men then yes it will use the dragon instead, BUT there are lots of people that have many things even larger then dragons (like the 60/60 hyrda you can craft), but to answer your question, NO it wont make you win if your out numbered as is.

Suggestions,
1) first off youll want a larger army, atleast 32 or 38 (needed for a quest) though 501 should be your goal if you want to invade (or 521 or 541 if you have one of those generals that will let you get that high (meph, chase, crom, artanis)

2) Duel only for now, unless your fighting foes with only 1 or 2 more army then you have (don't do invade on a raid)

3) Your personaly stats make a MUCH greater affect on battle after your first few lvs, try to go for an attack thats atleast double or triple your lv (if not more) and a defence thats atleast equal to if not double as well. (NOTE THIS IS MY PERSONALY THOUGHS ON IT NOT NESSISARLY THE BEST WAY)

omegawulph
02-17-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm pretty new to this game but I played against Gary Gygax at Treasure Island in Cali's 1st D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) Live Game contest. (players will know)
Anyway, I want to know, if I buy the Dragon, does it (he/she) go into battle with me during an Invade from the Battles page? If so, will it make a big difference against a larger army or will I still get trashed (my army is 2 :( )?

Thanks from an old-timer learning a new way :cool:

Welcome old timer ... in this new age you will learn dragons drink water instead of blood and warriors drink from streams of cow's milk instead of the once glorious ale!!

Anyway to further elaborate on what the young lad before me was explaining:

Units don't play as big a part as other things in CA. (Castle Age). For every member you have in your "army" you get to take one unit, one item, one magic and one weapon into battle with you. Your stats however will matter more in these kinds of battles as your actual stats are multiplied by your army size (this is for invasions as invasions is the only battle type where you will also be allowed to have the units with you as well) to determine the outcome of the battle.

mrwebb8825
02-18-2010, 09:06 AM
For the advise aczavius and omegawulph.
What I'm after is attack at will type power so I've been trying engage in both duels and invasions. If you like to join me and I you, in this endeavor then add me and I'll add you. We can send notes if we need a special gift each day or, random mystery can be sent.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000665235520

this is my profile link (hope I have posted it correctly)

Sukra
11-04-2014, 08:15 AM
sighh...thought it was about dragon eggs