PDA

View Full Version : Please fix the Call to Arms messages?

Falco
09-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi!

I'd like to suggest that the Call to Arms wall messages be fixed so that the text makes it clear whether the Call to Arms is for the friend's dragons or for the dragon of one of the friend's friends. I think clarifying the text would help cut down on the "Hey, why can't I battle my friend's dragons?" confusion ("because Castle Age basically lies and it's not really your friend's dragon but your friend's friend's dragon"), as well as cut down on people having to hit the Castle Age app only to find that we're not friends with the summoner and can't battle it. If the Call to Arms is for the friend's friend, then I think it would be useful to have a link to the friend's friend profile too.

Also, I think it would be great if the Call to Arms can include how much time is remaining before the dragon flees, how much damage has already been done, and how many attackers there are at the time of the call, but that's much less important than letting people know whether the summoner is the friend himself or one of the friend's friends.

Caitir Eavan
09-22-2009, 02:54 PM
People should be doing this themselves... I did a call to arms for a friend's dragon today - and in the top bit where you can type your own message I said whose dragon it was and how much time was left. I may even have said it's nearly dead (which it was... it annoyingly fled with less than 1% health left...) that way you'd know.

Falco
09-22-2009, 03:23 PM
I can see that argument for time and damage left. That part isn't a problem; we just happen to be in the Suggestion section here.

However, in my opinion, not saying it's the dragon of the friend's friend is a bug. The wall message straight out lies, and it really shouldn't:

Falco's keep is being ravaged by a Dragon!
Falco needs help defending their Castle!

Your friend Falco has requested your help in battling the The Frost Dragon on Castle Age!
2 hours ago Comment Like / Unlike [ Join Falco in Battle. ]

The dragon is not ravaging my keep. It's not my castle that needs to be defended. (Also, the "the The" is redundant and could be fixed too while they're in there.)

Maybe it'd be easier to just limit the Call to Arms button to the summoner.

Meredith
09-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Depending on how brilliant the programmers can be(and I understand that some tasks are easier than others, and some programming languages will allow things while others will not(married to a programmer myself)), It would also be infinitely cooler if the Call to Arms broadcast only to the summoners army as well. Treat it as a post to someones(the summoners army) wall instead of a post to your own wall as it were.

Welpe
09-22-2009, 03:54 PM
(...)
Also, I think it would be great if the Call to Arms can include how much time is remaining before the dragon flees, how much damage has already been done, and how many attackers there are at the time of the call (...)

That's not a good idea. The risk would be gone, that a small group of people fight a too strong dragon. The idea is, that people join and try to fight together.. otherwise everybody will join easy at the end of the fight to get some rewards.

Falco
09-22-2009, 04:04 PM
It wouldn't change the risk at all. People can get the damage and time remaining information by just going to the link. If you don't click the Attack button, you don't attack the dragon, and you see the information without joining the fight. Putting the information in the Call to Arms message would only let people get the information and make the decision without having to hit the Castle Age application, which would hopefully lighten the load and reduce the frequency of the white screens.

KCL1971
09-23-2009, 02:24 AM
I totally agree that the message should indicate who's dragon it is. I tried like to join like 4 or 5 today and keep getting that you can't join when that person is not in your army message. It is very annoying.