PDA

View Full Version : How to make Dragons Better: Dragon Quests!

Robg54
09-21-2009, 09:45 PM
I love the dragons feature, and it has gotten me excited with the game again when I hadn't been before.

I think there are several things that need to be changed.

There are two additions I think would make the dragon fights even better!

(1)Dragon Chat: Give us a little message board where we can chat about the dragon. We can talk about whether we are on track to kill it in time, about whether we need more help, or even just brag about big hits or whatnot. This already adds a large amount of interactivity to the game. Let us chat while doing it.

(2)Dragon Quests: Each dragon should have a series of quests. These quests should be group quests, IE they are completed by others. Completing each quest should have differing results that impact the fight dramatically.

Some examples:

Block the Retreat! When this quest is completed to 100%, the dragon's retreat becomes blocked and the dragon will not be able to withdraw for an additional 10 hours.

De-Claw: When this quest is completed to 100%, the dragon's attacks will be half damage (or no damage?).

Breach the Lair: When this quest is completed to 100%, all gold rewards for each successful attack will be doubled and each person will be bumped up one tier on the reward scale.

Find it's weakness: When this quest is completed to 100%, all damage dealt to the dragon will be increased by 10%.

These quests would have to be difficult, maybe giving a small enough % that it would take 10 people's worth of stamina for a full 24 hours to complete? Maybe it should be such that only 2 or so quests can be accomplished during a given fight.

Last, I think there should be a small or nonexistent reward for people who only attack once or twice. Otherwise there will be too juch incentive for people to tag every single dragon.

Dragon Damage and Defense: Is is me, or does everyone hit for roughly the same damage? I have about 300 attack and there is a player half my level who outdamages me, probably because he has more stamina? It would be better if the damage you do is more closely tied to your attack skill.

Second, the dragon does damage based on our defenses, but I haven't been hit for more than 2 or 3 damage I don't think, and I only have about 100 defense. I would imagine the dragon would do a lot more then that...

Robg54
09-22-2009, 04:18 AM
Well, it's great that the Dragon chat has been implemented, but there are no thoughts about dragon quests?

I thought it would be a great way to do more to fight dragons, so you could feel like you were putting all your resources into a fight, and also a way that people who focused their builds around questing could contribute in a really significant way..

Wouldn't you like to have quests that you could spend your energy on that would give you more time to kill the dragon, increase your rewards or increase your damage?

Vindicator
09-22-2009, 05:39 AM
I will second your idea, sounds very good actually but I'm sure it will take a while for them to do.

Hedwiga Eadgythsdottir
09-22-2009, 07:39 AM
I also think you have a good idea laid out there Robg, - I assisted in fighting a dragon yesterday, and it took a long time, waiting for stamina to refresh, and in the meantime the dragon's health was slowly recovering setting back the next attacker.
In the end there weren't enough of us rallying to the aid of my army mate, and so the dragon 'fled'.

Rabisu
09-22-2009, 07:52 AM
I'm pretty sure dragons don't regen health... o_o

Genisyn69
09-22-2009, 08:05 AM
I think the originating character (the one who summoned the dragon), should get the ability to boot characters who've been inactive for more than 24 hours. or have a small number of attacks. With limits of course, assisting characters can get a unbootable rank of sorts, by doing more than 5% of the dragons total HP. For example, a 1million HP dragon. They would have to do 50k in damage, to become unremovable by the 'creator/owner' of the dragon. I think to protect those who do assist, you could still give small bonuses, like favor points, the Xp and such(if removed prior to the finish), and "lock in" the last 6 hours for all players, if you havent set up your team by then, you deserve to see your dragon leave. But.. If you allow these 1-2 attackers to keep getting rewards of any kind, people summoning the dragons, and watching them flee, are going to get upset.

Rabisu
09-22-2009, 09:00 AM
I don't know if booting is the right option, I say just upping the minimum damage required to get a gift will fix most of this problem.

Alvar
09-22-2009, 10:17 AM
I already see a chat window, but i cannot see my message once posted.

Lena Gkika
09-22-2009, 10:55 AM
I already see a chat window, but i cannot see my message once posted.

works fine for me..maybe hit the refresh button? if it persists repost here so we can check it out

iwjev
09-22-2009, 07:12 PM
I love your idea and it looks like so did they since they added the chat.

I also think they should do a small change to the loot. Give the dragon item to the creator of the dragon and not the person that got the kill shot (the first to collect).