PDA

View Full Version : There is something wrong with the battle system

tedZilla99
09-21-2009, 11:15 AM
I am a level 55 Lt. Commander, defense stats 149, army of 777 and was chained by a level 52 Centurion with an army of 25. I will post the battle stats etc. below, but I cannot fathom how a player with drastically fewer items and army members can inflict that much damage on me...I would really appreciate some ideas. Also, the timestamp shows the attacks occurred 1 hour before I logged in, but I had been logged out for about 18 hours, so there's that too:

1 hour, 31 seconds ago:
Victory! You were challenged by Cristina
You defeated your enemy, taking 4 damage and dealing 10 damage to your rival. You gained 1 experience points and $64,000. You have won 6 Battle Points!
1 hour, 35 seconds ago:
You were challenged by Cristina
You lost the battle, taking 9 damage and losing $100,000. You have lost 5 Battle Points!
1 hour, 43 seconds ago:
You lost the battle, taking 10 damage and losing $100,000. You have lost 5 Battle Points!
1 hour, 48 seconds ago:
You lost the battle, taking 9 damage and losing $100,000. You have lost 5 Battle Points!
1 hour, 53 seconds ago:
You lost the battle, taking 11 damage and losing $100,000. You have lost 5 Battle Points!
1 hour, 56 seconds ago:
You lost the battle, taking 10 damage and losing $100,000. You have lost 5 Battle Points!
1 hour, 1 minute ago:
You lost the battle, taking 11 damage and losing $100,000. You have lost 5 Battle Points!
1 hour, 1 minute ago:
1 hour, 1 minute ago:

Cristina's Army of 25 fought with

Heroes

Stone Guardian
Vanquish
Celesta
Elizabeth Lione
Dante

Units

Knight Heros x1
Phoenixs x10
Dragons x12
Angels x2

Items

Moonfall Robess x1
Moonfall Shields x1
Holy Avengers x1
Moonfall Maces x1
Dragonbanes x1
Gladiator Swords x1
Steel Plates x19

Magic

Lightning Storms x1
Moonfall Auras x1
Dragon Charms x1
Energy Bolts x1
Magic Missiles x7

Your Army of 501 fought with

Heroes

Vanquish
Celesta
Dante
Elizabeth Lione
Lilith and Riku
Titania
Morrigan
Mercedes
Edea
Garlan
Terra
Shino
Sano
Zarevok
Strider
Elena
Aeris
Dragan
Cid
Sophia
Penelope

Units

Knight Heros x37
Phoenixs x13
Gift Dragons x2
Dragons x12
Golden Fangs x1
Fire Elementals x1
Gift Angels x2
Angels x25
Water Sprites x1
Black Knights x11
War Bears x2
Willow Wisps x2
Gift Tree Ents x3
Skeleton Warriors x1
Tree Ents x12
Gift Wizards x3
Gift Knights x6
Paladins x10
Gift Paladins x3
Knights x5
Wizards x20
Gift Rangers x7
Rangers x2
Gift Footmans x9
Clerics x10
Footmans x1
Gift Clerics x3

Items

Holy Avengers x1
Amulet of Cefkas x1
Dragonbanes x30
Gladiator Swords x15
Avenger Amulets x1
Battle Axes x6
Tempest Shields x1
Staff of the Tempests x1
Berserker Shields x1
Tempest Crowns x1
Flame Bows x18
Sword of Lights x1
Steel Plates x1
Lionheart Amulets x1
Avenger Platemails x1
Helena's Mementos x1
Leather Armors x1

Magic

Lightning Storms x1
Moonfall Auras x1
Champions Auras x7
Dragon Charms x18
Magic Missiles x23
Energy Bolts x3

Psappha
09-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Apparently Christina has a lot more attack stats than you have defense. Looks like you need to beef up defense stats.

Psappha
09-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Also, your army is very ill equipt. You should have items for each member of your fighting force. eg. 501 phoenixes etc.

Darkwysper
09-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Maybe they didnt attack yoiu with their army but dueled you?

Mursilis
09-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Maybe they didnt attack yoiu with their army but dueled you?

That's my thought as well, since the message about whether you are dueled or invaded is the same.

tedZilla99
09-21-2009, 01:17 PM
That's my thought as well, since the message about whether you are dueled or invaded is the same.

Well then I'm glad I went through all the effort to add 700 army members so that players not even close to me can take my money and battle points. Awesome!

Genesis Rhapsodos
09-21-2009, 01:49 PM
You should invade her, it's possible that all her stat points went onto attack, see how good she is at defending.

tedZilla99
09-21-2009, 02:00 PM
You should invade her, it's possible that all her stat points went onto attack, see how good she is at defending.

I did, and actually killed her, which is how I have the lists of her equipment etc. If she attacked me and won, that seems impossible, based on the equipment and heroes I have, and even though my def stat isn't great at 149, it's not awful, and even then what's the point of having a 501 army if that happened?

If I lost a duel, well then again I have the top general from regular game play [Vanquish] and I don't see that she had any sort of equipment that is powered way above what I own. So again I'm confused. And, if on a duel someone that poorly powered can chain me for money and battle points with just attack points, then I guess I need to start over.

The other question is that the News showed her attack 1 hour before I logged in, but I was logged out for over 15 hours - how is that possible?

derek
09-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Whats the problem?

You obviously have been dueled to lose to her. Dont forget that you will never know her stats . As to the time thing what are you saying ? you logged out for 15 hours and she nailed you 1 hour befor you loged back in !! whats the problem with that ? This game is about strategy you cant have everything.

Rabk
09-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Regarding the attack while you were logged out, you gave her a link to your keep by attacking her. She can now attack you anytime she likes, just so long as you logged out above 10 health.

She undoubtedly dueled you- why would she want to invade someone with 20 times the army size? Having 501 army means precisely diddly-squat in a duel. That's the whole reason we have duels, in fact: so those without 501 army can have a chance as well. That won't be changing, so it won't do you any good to complain about it.

If I lost a duel, well then again I have the top general from regular game play [Vanquish] and I don't see that she had any sort of equipment that is powered way above what I own.

The fact that you have Vanquish means nothing to her-- she's fighting with the third most powerful general in the game (Stone Guardian). She massively overwhelms you in most of the equipment categories as well:

Cristina You

Stone Guardian = 36 Vanquish = 29
Moonfall Shield = 25 Tempest Shield = 10
??= 0 Tempest Crown = 4
Moonfall Robes = 35(!) Avenger Platemail = 6(!)
Sacred Amulet = 2 Amulet of Cefka = 18
Lightning Storm = 22 Lightning Storm = 22
[I had to guess on her crown and amulet, but I gave her the worst possible on both-- in all likelihood she has something better than what I gave her, as the steel plates hide her remaining equipment in invade page.]

In summary, the att + def value on her dueler is at least 120, while yours is merely 89. That more than a 25% advantage. Add in the fact that she probably has a lot invested in attack, and she should be able to stomp you every time.

This is precisely the type of thing that makes this game interesting. Strategy plays a huge role, and you have to decide what kind of character you want to build and stick with it. Don't be discouraged by the fact that she can beat you; instead be inspired to round out your character enough to defend against such duelers as Ms. Cristina. It's just a matter of learning the game mechanics, and then learning to use them to your best advantage.

~Rab

tedZilla99
09-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Regarding the attack while you were logged out, you gave her a link to your keep by attacking her. She can now attack you anytime she likes, just so long as you logged out above 10 health.

She undoubtedly dueled you- why would she want to invade someone with 20 times the army size? Having 501 army means precisely diddly-squat in a duel. That's the whole reason we have duels, in fact: so those without 501 army can have a chance as well. That won't be changing, so it won't do you any good to complain about it.

The fact that you have Vanquish means nothing to her-- she's fighting with the third most powerful general in the game (Stone Guardian). She massively overwhelms you in most of the equipment categories as well:

Cristina You

Stone Guardian = 36 Vanquish = 29
Moonfall Shield = 25 Tempest Shield = 10
??= 0 Tempest Crown = 4
Moonfall Robes = 35(!) Avenger Platemail = 6(!)
Sacred Amulet = 2 Amulet of Cefka = 18
Lightning Storm = 22 Lightning Storm = 22
[I had to guess on her crown and amulet, but I gave her the worst possible on both-- in all likelihood she has something better than what I gave her, as the steel plates hide her remaining equipment in invade page.]

In summary, the att + def value on her dueler is at least 120, while yours is merely 89. That more than a 25% advantage. Add in the fact that she probably has a lot invested in attack, and she should be able to stomp you every time.

This is precisely the type of thing that makes this game interesting. Strategy plays a huge role, and you have to decide what kind of character you want to build and stick with it. Don't be discouraged by the fact that she can beat you; instead be inspired to round out your character enough to defend against such duelers as Ms. Cristina. It's just a matter of learning the game mechanics, and then learning to use them to your best advantage.

~Rab

Thanks for breaking that down - I was under the impression that you do not stay on the battle list after being logged out for a period of time. I'm not discouraged or complaining, just was confused about the disparity but I misread the items she has so that makes more sense. Also since there's no distinction on the News about whether it's duel or attack, you can probably see where my confusion lay. Thanks again Rab

Punkle
09-21-2009, 05:27 PM
You stay on battlepage as long as you have 10 health or more. :)

Agree that its confusing since they dont say if you were invaded or dueled anymore. Silly they changed it :|