PDA

View Full Version : the 24 hr clock

bwc123
09-20-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm fine with having things like Demi-Points from battling or getting blessings being only every 24 hours--however, I'm fairly new to the game, but it seems as though the 24 hr timer doesn't reset until I actually start over with the new day's point-gathering, which means the timing of everything keeps getting later and later. It would be better to just have a 24 hour timer that resets at the same time every day, so that when I have something going on and can't log on to get my blessing until, say, an hour later than I normally do, I can no longer get it until an hour later that I had been getting it. Otherwise having a lot of fun!

Rabisu
09-21-2009, 01:28 AM
That is quite annoying... It would be much easier for them to just reset everything at the creator's midnight.

Hugh Jorgan
09-21-2009, 01:34 AM
Midnight server time.

Mursilis
09-21-2009, 02:22 AM
And if you wanted to switch the blessing to a different demi power what then? It's stuck on a particular demi power and you get the blessing before you are able to change it.

Personally I like the manual nature of the demi blessings, let's me feel more in control of what is happening. I like to have the game playing for me as little as possible.

Rabisu
09-21-2009, 02:38 AM
Uh... we're not saying make it automatic... just reset the time limit at midnight instead of 24 hours after you last got blessed... (or honestly, make it 23 hours so you can hit it at the same time every day)

lisa0794
09-21-2009, 04:12 PM
I have a question about this daily blessing thing.... I did the blessing last night and it said I couldnt come back for 47 hrs and some odd minutes.... now its saying 37 hrs.... I thought this was a daily blessing every '24' hours! Can anyone explain this.... Something seems wrong here..

Alvar
09-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Azeron laways has a time of 48 not 24 hours, Lisa, so no bug.

lisa0794
09-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Each demi god gives me the same message.....so what you are saying is that because I last contributed to Azeron, its 48 hrs, but when I contribute to the others I am back to the 24 hr clock?

Mursilis
09-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Each demi god gives me the same message.....so what you are saying is that because I last contributed to Azeron, its 48 hrs, but when I contribute to the others I am back to the 24 hr clock?

Yes basically. Since Azeron was you last blessing you need to wait until the 48 hour clock ends to get another blessing from any of the demi powers. Then the clock will depend on which one you use, if you use Azeron again isn't another 48 hour clock, any of the others would be a 24 hour clock.

slosh
09-21-2009, 06:03 PM
I personally see no need for a full 24 hour clock.

If you change it to be midnight server time or even something like 20 hour cooldown, it would allow people to get it daily.

As it stands now, about once a week I end up not getting any blessing for the day because the previous night's blessing was so late and I need to get up early the next morning.

Think about it, is anyone going to wake up at 6am to get a blessing and then stay up till 2am to get the next one? No. 20 hours should do and would be a great help to everyone imo.

Rabisu
09-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Actually, 20 hours would be abused... in one week someone could get one extra blessing (6 days shaving off 4 hours, plus another day for 4 hours of screw-ups). Anyone really diehard about this app would make an attempt. Especially college students or people with very flexible schedules.

YouReallySuck
09-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Yea, I agree, but oh well. Just get it the next day. I agree that having something like 23 hours is perfect, I think they do that for the energy boosts in Mafia Wars, etc.

Rabisu
09-21-2009, 09:43 PM
23 hours is what they do for Day-long crops on FarmVille as well, it's perfect unless you happen to miss it by more than an hour (but for those of you on a rigid daily schedule, it shouldn't be hard to hit it within an hour)