PDA

View Full Version : countdown for a failed red dragon attack

traveller
09-20-2009, 02:09 PM
most of the lesser dragons seem to be defeated fairly easy, however the red's as we all know now are the toughest.

whats the earliest for a failed red dragon attack.

I have a bit over 22 hrs left.

It would be nice to know what exactly happens.

who is the clkosest for a failed attempt, please post, thanks.

Knightmare
09-20-2009, 04:14 PM
I don't have a hope in Hades of defeating mine :(

Wondering what will happen when the time is up? Wouldn't be so bad to get a message along the lines of "You managed to wound the ancient red dragon enough to scare it away. Your keep is saved."

Michan
09-20-2009, 08:53 PM
I like the idea of these Dragons, and it certainly take the focus off killing each other and onto working together (a great thing), but it gives a huge advantage to those who are on computers all day. Those of us with lives and work have no chance of defeating these dragons, or at least, no chance of being the major damage scorers.

Mursilis
09-20-2009, 09:11 PM
it gives a huge advantage to those who are on computers all day. Those of us with lives and work have no chance of defeating these dragons, or at least, no chance of being the major damage scorers.

You have just as much of a chance as those in front of their computers, assuming you have a decent pool of stamina. If you are able to login before your stamina maxes out then you can do just as much damage as the next player. If your stamina pool is low, then yes you're at a disadvantage, but that is based on tactics, not who is front of a computer for how long.

traveller
09-20-2009, 09:15 PM
i have done over 330,000 damage to my red dragon, just didnt get any help..

perhaps a new thread for active dragon killers and one for part time is in order.

Psappha of Legends
09-20-2009, 09:17 PM
For those folks who are afk all day think about this. In the morning early you have max stamina & health. Use it. By the time you get back to your keyboard in the evening both stamina & health will have refilled. Nobody can do more hits than their stamina allows no matter how much time they spend in front of the screen.

Mursilis
09-20-2009, 09:18 PM
There are two current groups I'm aware of that are going to be coordinating this type of thing. One is in the Groups section of the forum, the other can be found in someone's (sorry forgot who's) signature in that same thread.

Luxor The Moonprince
09-20-2009, 10:38 PM
One of my army members failed to defeat his dragon - looks like it was one of the first created.

The penalty was fair. He lost 10 levels and half his land. Will know better for next time.

weberr13
09-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Lost levels? How does that work? Skill points loss across the board? That doesn't really make sense in this game. half the land is a HORRIBLE penalty since most people have spent months buying land.

Luxor The Moonprince
09-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Weberr...

Sorry... it's my perverted sense of a joke.

I have to nip this one in the bud and tell you now before it causes a riot here in dragon land.

Please accept my apologies.

Alundra
09-20-2009, 10:47 PM
One of my army members failed to defeat his dragon - looks like it was one of the first created.

The penalty was fair. He lost 10 levels and half his land. Will know better for next time.

The 10 levels isn't that bad since I'm assuming you get to keep your skill points? Now, the 1/2 the land is a HUGE loss. It's going to be hard to play on Monday so I'll do what I can to help. I'm slightly burned out having been on A LOT lately. Also it didn't help that I didn't get anything for helping with Lena's dragon.

weberr13
09-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Weberr...

Sorry... it's my perverted sense of a joke.

I have to nip this one in the bud and tell you now before it causes a riot here in dragon land.

Please accept my apologies.

Got me, nice troll.

Alundra
09-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Good one Adam. My mental capacity is fragile at this current state. Need to rest. A penalty of some sort wouldn't be out of line as long as it was communicated well.

Peregrine
09-20-2009, 11:38 PM

LOL you got me on that one :)

HouseNdaHouse
09-21-2009, 12:22 AM
You have just as much of a chance as those in front of their computers, assuming you have a decent pool of stamina. If you are able to login before your stamina maxes out then you can do just as much damage as the next player. If your stamina pool is low, then yes you're at a disadvantage, but that is based on tactics, not who is front of a computer for how long.

Also, recruiting ppl that can attack with you. It is definately a team effort. If your attack group isn't maxed out you will never win. I helped someone defeat a frost dragon and only did around 50k damage, but, it was defeated and the rewards were insane!

I only have 3 stamina at my lvl (27) and I just logged on every hour clicked 3 times... then logged off. I did that for 2 days... and did 50K dmg. If I would have clicked every 15 minutes I would have done around 250k... so, over a weekend I'm assuming you could rack up 250k + dmg and a couple of your friends doing the same... I don't think red dragon is more than 1-2 million dmg points??

anyway, hang in there... sorry for the long reply :)

Icefyre HD
09-21-2009, 04:13 AM
Loss of levels....lol. Less cruel that what I'm hoping to see. Loss of Treasury/Temp Loss of % Land Production/Weakened Battle modifier, and top it all off with the dragon moving on to a random army member to start ravaging their keep. HEHEHEHE :) (Not likely, but one can hope) I mean, what'd you expect creating a Dragon?

Rabisu
09-21-2009, 04:24 AM
I expected a lone warrior to be able to fend it off... like what you see in the movies.

Michan
09-21-2009, 06:31 AM

I have a decent amount of stamina (28), which means I only need to be on once every couple of hours, but when you have a wedding to go to, and a three hour train ride to get to it, there and back, as well as an overnight stay, you're not going to get to the internet much. Oh, and then there's the job. Some of us don't have time to get online during the day (13 hour working days).

Falco
09-21-2009, 06:37 AM
I believe somebody should've failed by now. What were the consequences of not killing the dragon? Did anything bad happen?

Caitir Eavan
09-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Looks like I fail in about 4 and a half hours... unless all those of you who're in my army come along and help me out!

( http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/keep.php?user=658060316 there's my keep... for easy access)

dwinbotp
09-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Here's what happens when you fail to kill the summoned dragon....NOTHING, It flees!!! and instead of the countdown, it says, DEFEAT! seems like no other drawback aside being a letdown LOL.

upx389
09-21-2009, 01:50 PM
how i wish there's a huge penalty when you don't kill your own summoned dragon so that all of those excited people won't summon to the max too many dragons. I haven't even summoned any single dragon from the start coz im stuck helping friends kill their dragon.

Doom
09-21-2009, 02:10 PM
You don't get to pick what dragon is summoned- Other then the forum -which probaly 5% if that of the players read- nowhere in the app does it say if you are level 85 you will get a red dragon with 3 million hit points. I've checked on the page of many of my army- most abandoned -even trying to kill a red. Reds are probaly great for those level 200's with 500+ armies but average player -forget it. If you don't have 30 or more in your army dedicated to fight dragons 4-5 times a day- don't summon. I did 3 times what the closest player ( I did over 250,000) did and we only got down about 40 %. This idea will fade fast except for the top players who have nothing else to do.

Falco
09-21-2009, 05:51 PM
This idea will fade fast except for the top players who have nothing else to do.Not necessarily. I'm nowhere near being a top player at all, and from my point of view, the dragons are still a good option. As long as there aren't any consequences for failing to kill the dragons, the potential demi points and $100K/hit is good use of stamina points beyond 50.

Also, as far as we know, once the top players all have Jewels, they will need low-level newbies to summon emeralds, frosts, and gold if they want to stand a chance of getting the alchemy components. So, this should encourage the top players to recruit newbies. Hopefully, the summoner gets a shot of receiving an alchemy ingredient as well.

neptunestar97
09-21-2009, 08:23 PM
I am still unsure of the Dragons. I am a Level 90 with a 500 plus army and I was unable to defeat the Red Dragon. Luckily I didn't lose anything in the defeat, but I can say that even with a huge army that doesn't mean that your army members will respond to your call. A few people responded, hit the dragon a few times and then never come back. If I got a Red dragon just because I am a higher level that seems a bit unfair don't you think?
Yes there are good benefits to summoning a dragon at times, but you are left volunerable to attack and you don't get your 10 extra demi points per Demi god if you use them all on the Dragon. Granted you do get some Extra demi points and a favor points once in a blue moon, but it can still be upsetting to try so hard and not kill the Dragon I never got a surprise gift in all my attacks. I alone hit the Dragon for 157,650. In the end my army gave a total of 387,255 damage. I would get an average of 300-400 each time I attacked. My damage was very minimual. 0-4 points no more then that.

Snarf
09-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Im hoping that my dragon gets killed, but not holding my breath. After this one though, I think im just going to become the worlds cutest kitty dragon slayer:) and hire out my services.

ARJR
09-22-2009, 12:01 AM
I failed at killing my red dragon. :mad:

I think it gave me 72 hours and I barely made a dent :( How many people does it take to kill a red dragon?

Falco
09-22-2009, 01:42 AM
How many people does it take to kill a red dragonThat's an interesting question. The answer is theoretically one person, but that person has to have almost 6000 stamina.

Let's say a red dragon has 2.7M HP and the average hit does 400 dmg. That comes out to 6750 stamina points to kill the red dragon. Each person gets 288 stamina points per day if they use every last point and come back to the computer before their stamina fills. That would be 864 stamina points over 3 days. So, under those assumptions, it would take only 8 people hitting the red dragon with every last stamina point possible in order to take a dragon down within 3 days. If people want to be able to sleep and work without having to come back to the computer every time their stamina fills up again, then more people would be necessary. Also, if the game glitches for too long, that 8-person group isn't going to make it.

On the other hand, that scenario assumes that everybody starts off with zero stamina (which is very likely to be the case right now). If someone has something like 6000 stamina points, then they can let it fill up, summon the dragon, and then click away. After that, they wait until the remaining 864 stamina points accumulate and then click away again to kill the dragon.

More realistically, if people want to come back twice a day, each player might have something like 150 stamina. (Someone on the forum said he/she has 250 stamina, so 150 is not completely insane.) If the stamina is full before the dragon is summoned, they get 864 + 150 = 1014 hits. So, six people with 150 stamina can take out the red within three days by filling their stamina before summoning the dragon and then coming back to hit the dragon twice per day.

Yorocius
09-22-2009, 01:52 AM
Unless someone levels, or refills their stamina with favor points.

:eek:

Falco
09-22-2009, 02:02 AM
True. Also, the average dmg per hit and amount of health per dragon aren't reliable numbers anyways.

Something else that's interesting... A person with 80 stamina should be able to take out an Emerald all alone.

Phoenix2
09-22-2009, 02:14 AM
Something else that's interesting... A person with 80 stamina should be able to take out an Emerald all alone.

That's interesting, as I do have 80 points in stamina right now. :p I also have about 200 in attack ;)